U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 AM

15,519 posts, read 35,461,965 times

Advertisements

Yeah - who is Bill Cunningham? Never heard of him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 03:33 PM

2,954 posts, read 10,981,193 times
I haven't owned a cardigan in 30 years and will never own nor wear another one. Nothing says June Cleaver quite like a cardigan.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:59 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,402,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
When were cardigans ever out?

And who is Bill Cunningham and why would I give a flying you-know-what what he thinks about cardigans?
I can't do all your homework for you, Little Missy. Why don't you click on the link in my original post and find out for yourself.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:11 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,415,118 times
Wow, surprised by all the non-Times readers on a "fashion" forum. Huh.

I do, however, agree about the cardigan never going out of style. My four favorties are: short fitted black, long slouchy mustard (vintage men's), mid-length grey argyle, and short boxy red. All cashmere. Great Oct-May where I live.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:06 PM

15,519 posts, read 35,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Wow, surprised by all the non-Times readers on a "fashion" forum. Huh.

I do, however, agree about the cardigan never going out of style. My four favorties are: short fitted black, long slouchy mustard (vintage men's), mid-length grey argyle, and short boxy red. All cashmere. Great Oct-May where I live.
I never keep up with that stuff. I just buy what I like and what I think looks good on me. I never read fashion mags or editorials and living in CA, I don't read the NY Times.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I never keep up with that stuff. I just buy what I like and what I think looks good on me. I never read fashion mags or editorials and living in CA, I don't read the NY Times.

As a native of CA I know what you mean .

Now that I live E of the Mississippi it's a "must read". Rainy (snowy!), lazy Sundays spent with a pot of good coffee, a pair of PJs and the Times are....priceless.

If you plan to travel to the Right Coast read Bill C. so you will know what to pack.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:50 PM

5,500 posts, read 19,402,659 times
Quote:
I follow Bill Cunningham and a few fashion blogs to get ideas. And then one day when I'm getting dressed, I'll think, I wonder what would happen if I wore mustard colored tights with that red crochet skirt and maybe a cream colored top and a gray sweater? Or maybe I can try mixing different patterns of black and white and see what happens?

Old 05-12-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I follow Bill Cunningham and a few fashion blogs to get ideas. And then one day when I'm getting dressed, I'll think, I wonder what would happen if I wore mustard colored tights with that red crochet skirt and maybe a cream colored top and a gray sweater? Or maybe I can try mixing different patterns of black and white and see what happens?
I often get that same sort of inspiration from the Anthropologie catalog.

Welcome to Anthropologie*-*Anthropologie.com

Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 PM

23,440 posts, read 30,409,297 times
Quote:
I read the Times because I live in a cultural black hole, but not for fashion. Its too hot here for jackets most of the year, but give me some interesting cotton cardigans, some tanks, skirts, and fun sandals, and I am set for the summer that just wont go away!
I do get to wear cashmere for 3 months in the winter, and I do, relentlessly!

Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 PM

35,761 posts, read 38,876,839 times
Seriously, saying the cardigan is "back" is like saying the little black dress is "back," or t-shirts are "back."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty