U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:06 AM

12,977 posts, read 28,803,617 times

Advertisements

A neck tattoo on a male denotes criminal/gang/low life group affiliation. The only males Ive EVER seen with neck tattoos fall into the "low life/scum of the earth" category. I would be very, very disappointed if my son came home with any type of neck tattoo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 10:47 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,207,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post
Tattoos are for people who are trying to "prove" something. Otherwise what is the point of getting a tattoo. Because it looks "Cool" there you go. That does not compensate for an argument.

But if getting a tattoo get it somewhere, where it is not visible. Because that can affect peoples judgment of a person who has that tattoo.
There are those of us that appreciate art and take the time to get something that we love permanently inked on our skin. Proving something has nothing to do with it. Oh, and I was cool before I got one.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:06 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,803,617 times
I've seen some really nice, very well done "work of art" tattoos on people. I'm even a huge fan of the "LA Ink" show on TV, but for petes sake, a neck tattoo is just wrong on all levels.

Neck tattoos on males say "Look at me, Im tough!! Im a bad***** Dont &#% with me!" People who get neck tattoos are not getting them for the Art, they are getting them for their own egos and claim affiliation with criminal activity/criminal element.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:10 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,036,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Good suggestions! I'm willing to bet though, that many folks who have tattoos also do these very things you spoke of. They just happen to have the tattoos, as well, which is simply another way to commerate the cause, the person, the heritage, etc. It's no different, in my opinion, that those of us who have no tattoos, who spend our money on books, music, movies, collectibles, trips, hobbies...the list is endless, (I won't even begin to guess how much I have spent over the years, on these very things). Could we use our money, (and our time), more wisely, and give more to good causes? Undoubtedly, but it doesn't change the fact that most of us do give.
I appreciate your reply....some people surely do both.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:15 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,036,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzeeq521 View Post
Honestly, it isn't anybody's business how I spend my discretionary money. Telling me it is better spent if I do what you say is just silly. It is my money - I spend it my way.

A rose garden is only good part of the year - the roses on my shoulders, with my parents names worked into them bloom all year long. That means more to me.

If you feel that what you listed are better options, then you do them. But don't think that anyone is listening when you tell them how to live their lives and spend their money.
You're right. Your money is yours to spend how you wish to spend it. I think that some people are open minded to others' opinions and suggestions. Obviously, in this case, you're not open to mine but that doesn't mean no one else is. I didn't mean for my post to sound as if I was preaching to others as to how to live their lives and spend their money.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:47 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,207,202 times
Hm, maybe we should have a spin-off thread to show our non-gang related, non-flash tattoos, from an intellectual side of course.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:02 AM

1,584 posts, read 4,017,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Tattoos are very popular right now especially with the young. I wonder if some of the people who get Tattoos today will regret having one 20-30-40 years from how when they are older and more mature.

A friends boy got his first tattoo on his 21st Birthday and it is huge on his neck. He is also thinking of getting one on his face just like his hero Mike Tyson (the boxer). What would you say to your son if he got a tattoo in such a ovious location?

I would say son you just closed up all the doors for great job opportunities.
Enjoy you life as a worker bee!

I would not hire someone with a tattoo on their neck!

Old 02-02-2008, 11:24 AM

60 posts, read 181,675 times
IMO

tattoos = trash

Until the person proves to me otherwise. Usually they don't.

To be honest I don't really care if they guy who fixes my tires has a tattoo on his neck. If my banker does I am changing banks.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:03 AM

11,836 posts, read 24,967,334 times
If one of my son's got a neck tat & they weren't working I think I'd be worried & perhaps disappointed as well. As other posters have commented, its very difficult to land a job in a professional capacity with visible ink. I think that I would first have a look at the tat to see if it was well executed. Then I would probably tell the boy that its his life & that he will have to fit in where he can in the workforce & that he would not be living at home till he found a job.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:42 PM

4,541 posts, read 9,495,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace_Maker View Post
IMO

tattoos = trash

Until the person proves to me otherwise. Usually they don't.

To be honest I don't really care if they guy who fixes my tires has a tattoo on his neck. If my banker does I am changing banks.
What if your banker had a tattoo in another spot other than the neck? Would you still switch and why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or