Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 11:20 AM

3,020 posts, read 25,726,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Actually I don't think you made your position very clear, otherwise you would not have to be explaining yourself again.
Boy, since when can't a fellow refine a position in White Paper????

Grrrrrr....... mumble, mumble

Bet like most White Papers, she didn't even read it, let alone attempt to understand the main points and how it may project collation future action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2007, 07:34 AM

341 posts, read 1,486,730 times
Tattoo's are held in opinion by individuals just like anything else. Some approve. Some don't. That will never change. No, I don't believe anyone should get one based on impulse, booze, dares or if they're the LEAST bit hesitant. I have three and intend to get more. I'm a professional. I care about my appearance. Each one of my tattoos represent something special in my life. They're not a cutesy flower or heart I just wanted because it's vogue. Am I concerned about people wincing and objecting? No. It's my choice. I'm quite sure I would disapprove of some of their life choices.

Your son's 21 not 12. If you're unhappy feel free to express it without being venomous. But he's an adult and he will deal with it.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:16 AM

322 posts, read 1,234,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Blond View Post
Tattoo's are held in opinion by individuals just like anything else. Some approve. Some don't. That will never change. No, I don't believe anyone should get one based on impulse, booze, dares or if they're the LEAST bit hesitant. I have three and intend to get more. I'm a professional. I care about my appearance. Each one of my tattoos represent something special in my life. They're not a cutesy flower or heart I just wanted because it's vogue. Am I concerned about people wincing and objecting? No. It's my choice. I'm quite sure I would disapprove of some of their life choices.

Your son's 21 not 12. If you're unhappy feel free to express it without being venomous. But he's an adult and he will deal with it.
WELL SAID!!! We have 3 teenage boys, one JUST turned 21, but noticed his tatoos well before he reached his 21st b-day. The other got one for his 17th b-day (from his friends....not very happy about that!!!). I myself have tattoos, but ones done for the RIGHT reasons...not impulse. Although I DID NOT agree with the ones (MANY) they got, it was their body and once they're there, well, not much you can do. It's their way of expressing themselves and something THEY will have to live with and learn from. We will NEVER agree whith what our children do, decisions they make (within reason of course) and they will continue to make their own mistakes and find ways to express themselves that will tick their parents off to no end, and that's something that will never change. Of course we all just want what's best for our children and will die to protect them, but at some point, you need to let them make their own mistakes and their own decisions. That's how they learn. That's why they don't listen...they need to experience it for themselves. And that's how they grow.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:07 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,864,315 times
I would not be pleased,

Old 09-25-2007, 08:15 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,948,625 times
Wow, this got derailed real quick, started off as a tattoo discussion and turned into a Mike Tyson beat down.

I feel there are some rules to tattoo..

1: never get a flash tattoo. The tat should mean something to you.

2: never put anyones name on you unless its your kid. Spouses, BFF, all come and go.

3: design and placement should work together, if he has it on his face, it should reflect what he wants to portray, as in Tyson, that he is a crazy person and should be feared.. and that he took it up the kiester while in prison. heh heh sorry.

4: personally, I keep all my work above a short sleeve, below socks, or above the short line. If I want you to see my work I'll show you. But while in a professional atmosphere, you would not know I had any tats at all. But recently I have been tempted to break this rule and go all out with 2 full sleeves and get my back piece started.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 PM

71 posts, read 346,042 times
I got lucky, he's mid 20's and doesn't have any yet. Right now he surely wouldn't waste any money on a tattoo

Old 09-26-2007, 01:09 AM

5 posts, read 24,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote_Blond View Post

Well spoken. My neck has 2 large tattoos, one a rose with my daughters initials and birthday inscribed in a banner. The other, a pair of scissors, slicing into a piece of hair (I do hair, obviously). My arms are covered in 2 full sleeves, all of the tattoos having very significant meaning to them. I work with politicians, rock stars, moms, grandparents, kids, and everyone in-between. I hold myself with a great deal of personal pride and respect, and I truly believe that it shines through to those who I deal with every day. My goal, as a "tattooed" person is to change someone's perspective of who they believe a person like me to be. A book can be judged by it's cover, but it's much more enjoyable if read over time. I'm also 26, with 2 children both of whom I love very much, and I have been getting tattooed for 10 years now. It's been a part of my life since I was a child basically.

---Jake

Old 09-26-2007, 01:12 AM

5 posts, read 24,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eptex View Post
I got lucky, he's mid 20's and doesn't have any yet. Right now he surely wouldn't waste any money on a tattoo

I will say this in regards to your post, as a parent of two little ones. When my children grow up and decide to be who they want to be, my hope is that I raised them with the knowledge, respect, and sense of self worth that will allow them to do well in life. No matter who they choose to be, I will love them, because I have always felt LUCKY that they are my children. If they want to be tattooed or they don't, I will accept them with open arms because they represent 1/2 of myself that will live on well beyond my years.

Old 12-25-2007, 09:03 AM

170 posts, read 982,950 times
I'll just say kids make stupid mistakes, and adults regret mistakes they made when they were 'young and stupid'.

You should cut him off financially and tell him if he wants to live that life he has to do it on his own.

You should try anything to change his mind or prevent it because that is something anyone would regret. I remember reading Mike Tyson regrets his facial tattoo

Old 12-25-2007, 11:28 AM

307 posts, read 1,397,132 times
Tattoos are for people who are trying to "prove" something. Otherwise what is the point of getting a tattoo. Because it looks "Cool" there you go. That does not compensate for an argument.

But if getting a tattoo get it somewhere, where it is not visible. Because that can affect peoples judgment of a person who has that tattoo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty