Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:23 PM

786 posts, read 4,733,123 times

Advertisements

Tattoos are very popular right now especially with the young. I wonder if some of the people who get Tattoos today will regret having one 20-30-40 years from how when they are older and more mature.

A friends boy got his first tattoo on his 21st Birthday and it is huge on his neck. He is also thinking of getting one on his face just like his hero Mike Tyson (the boxer). What would you say to your son if he got a tattoo in such a ovious location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2007, 01:25 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
The tattoo debate has raged on this board a couple of times already.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:05 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
It's his face....I would caution him that it might make it more difficult to get a job, but I would leave it at that.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:06 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
It's his face....I would caution him that it might make it more difficult to get a job, but I would leave it at that.
Yea i second that, he will have to learn on his own.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:08 PM

788 posts, read 4,068,440 times
I think the bigger problem is that Mike Tyson (a convicted sex offender and wife beater) is his hero. That's disgusting.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:29 PM

942 posts, read 2,583,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post
I think the bigger problem is that Mike Tyson (a convicted sex offender and wife beater) is his hero. That's disgusting.

I completley agree with you. Is there anything good about Mike Tyson?? Anyhow, my boys have mentioned tatoos before and my thought is after you graduate HS and your past 18 yu can have a tatoo and continue living in my house. However, put the tatoo somewhere that can only be visible to whom you want to see it. The face or neck is not appropriate in my opinion because of job searching, meeting future in laws, etc.

My younger brother when he turned 19 got one on his chest, Spread eagle with the American & Cuban flags crossing. It says death befor dishonor.

He is now 34 and has three beautiful children. When he has been to the water parks with his kids he says that he is completley embarrased of his drunken stupidity. Other parents look at him and judge him. He wishes he wouldnt of done it.

I think a few weeks ago the Marines said they would no longer accept applicants that had visual tatoos. Previous Marines are exempt from this new criateria.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:57 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,496,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Tattoos are very popular right now especially with the young. I wonder if some of the people who get Tattoos today will regret having one 20-30-40 years from how when they are older and more mature.

A friends boy got his first tattoo on his 21st Birthday and it is huge on his neck. He is also thinking of getting one on his face just like his hero Mike Tyson (the boxer). What would you say to your son if he got a tattoo in such a ovious location?
If mike tyson is his hero he must not think to high of himself

Old 04-06-2007, 04:10 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
I would imagine that they couldn't have been too surprised. It's doubtful that he was hanging with mainstream friends and all of a sudden got a tatoo like that. I know this is totally generalizing, but I'd bet that he is still living at home and a bit of a slacker. If so, I'd give him three months to get it together and find out what the real world is like, because he is obviously not living in it now.

Edit- Point of clarification- I am not opposed to tats- I have one myself, but to get a large tatoo on the neck is making a statement that should be questioned. I also agree with the other posters about his Mike Tyson-as-role-model thoughts. Lots going on under the surface with this young man.

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 04-06-2007 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: clarify

Old 04-06-2007, 04:18 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Mike Tyson is mentally disturbed. His 'promotion' crew should be jailed for putting him in the ring and other situations.
Tattoos are fine. I think they look good on young people. But on old people, not so much. Especially since things sag and expand etc etc. I wouldnt look down on anybody with a tattoo, they do what they do.
Major companies do though. I worked for Vodafone Ireland in the call center. They tried to suspend me for shaving my hair, and im a bald guy with bus lanes running up my forehead. They tried to suspend a co-worker for wearing dress shorts too. Come to think of it, nobody had visible tattoos. I would think that they and other major corps would have something against em.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:23 PM

1,502 posts, read 7,379,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post
I have to second this, let alone he is one complete idiot.

On the topic of tatoo's, I don't see anything wrong with them as long as they are tasteful. I would have to talk to her/him if they wanted one on their face though, that goes along with the rings that the young people are wearing all over, it makes you stop and think about their integrity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty