U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,422 times

Advertisements

Men are not always good with the fashion and style, so it becomes really a difficult situation for men to decide what to dress and what not to dress on the first date. Many a times man makes the mistake in dressing and this creates a wrong impact on the woman. Women love the men who are gentlemen in the behavior and have a dressing sense also. They don’t mean that you need to have a very high style quotient but at least they should be well dressed for a date and should be able to carry there clothes better. So, here are some of the things that men need to avoid while dressing for a date—
1. Avoid dressing too casually.

Please remember that women like the men in the formal dresses. This creates a very good impression on a woman. If you dress too casually then she will not at all feel attracted towards you and your date will be ended soon. Avoid wearing jeans and T-shirt for the first date because women like the feel that you have dress to impress, and date is a special occasion. So, please try being well groomed gentleman on the first date to win the point with the dressing. I am not saying that you should wear a coat or a blazer, but wearing a proper dark trouser with the faint shirt will surely make a good impact on the woman.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 05-13-2009 at 08:43 AM.. Reason: Posters with less than 10 posts cannot have links
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 12:50 AM

23,440 posts, read 30,661,486 times
while all of this is good advice, I assume where the date is happening has been discussed? Thats the key...........

Old 05-13-2009, 02:30 AM

3 posts, read 8,981 times
Thanks for the informative post. now I know what I'm going to do when I dress up myself into a date.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:40 AM

455 posts, read 886,898 times
A nice pair of slim jeans with a tailored blazer is a pretty good date uniform as far as I'm concerned.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 AM

25,575 posts, read 23,790,905 times
I would think it depends on where youre going. Ive seen guys in jeans and a shirt and tie....and they've looked pretty dang good!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:42 PM

9,458 posts, read 7,616,510 times
Here are my tips:

1. Make sure your belt is the same color as your shoes.
2. Never wear shorts unless you are at the beach and it is still daylight.
3. Fat guys should not wear pleated pants
4. Jeans are NEVER considered "dressy" and wearing a tie does not help.
5. Always wear a collared shirt.
6. Always wear socks.
7. No hats unless you live in Texas.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:25 PM

9,545 posts, read 13,382,955 times
Don't kill all the effort of dressing appropriately by dousing yourself in too much cologne, a little goes a long way.

Old 05-13-2009, 04:31 PM

704 posts, read 1,578,886 times
I've found that stuffing the sock in your pants to make your package look better is a bad idea. It may help in the short term but after the discovery is made you're out of luck for sure.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 PM

413 posts, read 1,191,004 times
The big one for me is not to over do the cologne. Even if the guy is well dressed, if he has on so much cologne that I can't breathe the date won't go well.

And don't do the open shirt with the gold chains. That was a 70's look and it was bad back then too.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:49 AM

1,367 posts, read 4,979,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Here are my tips:

1. Make sure your belt is the same color as your shoes.
2. Never wear shorts unless you are at the beach and it is still daylight.
3. Fat guys should not wear pleated pants
4. Jeans are NEVER considered "dressy" and wearing a tie does not help.
5. Always wear a collared shirt.
6. Always wear socks.
7. No hats unless you live in Texas.
I agree with most of those, but I'll have to politely disagree with #4 & #5.

Depending on where the date is, a collared shirt and slacks may not look the best. Also, any guy can easily go to Banana Republic or Menswearhouse and pick up a generic pant/collared shirt combo. I think it's more impressive to see a guy whose picked out a pair of NICE jeans, well-fitted, in an appropriate wash (please, dark denim only). A lot of guys are good at dressing "up" but lack style and end up looking like they're going to the office instead of out on a date. I've found that it's those guys that, when in a more casual setting, have NO idea how to dress.

Give me a guy wearing great jeans, and nice fitted black t-shirt (tucked in), with a black blazer and stylish shoes/belt/watch, and that's perfect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty