U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:14 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,987,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Call me crazy, but I've never worn any underwear at all.
Not since I was a kid, and had them bought for me.
I just never saw the point, I guess.
I don't ever wear dresses, just shorts or jeans.
Underwear just seems like an uncomfortable and unnecessary extra layer of clothing.

I don't consider myself a really unconventional person in any way, but I must admit I've never encountered another female who shared my views on this.
Seem to recall that Ashley Judd agrees with you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:42 PM

1,730 posts, read 4,331,708 times
I would not consider them old-fashioned, by any means. These are called "briefs," and very comfortable to wear. Most women over 35 will wear them, without flicking an eyelash. Rather than have those "skimpy" ones riding up my bootie, I will wear these anytime!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:23 PM

21,128 posts, read 22,060,691 times
To each his/her own when it comes to undergarments but I dont' know that I would say that "most women over 35" would wear those. I'm over 35 and would never ever wear those. Pretty sure none of my friends would either. There is an awful lot in between those "granny panties" and anything that would "ride up your bootie". JMHO

Old 05-21-2009, 12:21 AM

1,367 posts, read 4,966,776 times
Don't those panties the OP posted just look like they would be HOT? Not as in sexy hot, as in sweaty hot. Also, not very healthy if they are made out of all synthetic, which is what it looks like.

The closest I have to granny panties are merino wool boy shorts from Icebreaker (wool underwear, sounds weird I know, but really it's not). But, those are mostly for warmth under skirts in the winter and for hiking & outdoor stuff.

(and actually they're pretty cute in a sporty way in real life... not on the model who has zero curves though)

Icebreaker - Woman - Bodyfit150 - Boy Short

Old 05-21-2009, 03:42 AM

22,605 posts, read 21,660,755 times
It's all about your past. The leg cut of boy shorts reminds me of these:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rEizM_Zs_U...vy+panties.jpg

Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 AM

2,552 posts, read 4,766,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
And Paris Hilton. And Lindsay Lohan. ...

Old 05-21-2009, 09:23 AM

8,181 posts, read 16,135,464 times
Put a $500.00 price tag on them and you'll have people falling all over themselves trying to buy them.

Gotta be with the "in" crowd.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:08 PM

I think she's on to something there...

Anyway, for the poster looking for reasonable cotton boy shorts on the skimpy side, here you go:

Victoria's Secret - Cheeky boyshort

(Looks like a hiphugger to me...)

Code 10for25

Victoria's Secret - $3.99 Cotton Styles

Now, there's a whole lot more material than most need right here...but the COLOR makes this an outstanding...fetish-ish...sort of ensemble. I think the model helps a bit...

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/comm...ZZZ&rfnbr=1943

Last edited by 33458; 05-21-2009 at 12:17 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNaomi View Post
Don't those panties the OP posted just look like they would be HOT? Not as in sexy hot, as in sweaty hot. Also, not very healthy if they are made out of all synthetic, which is what it looks like.

The closest I have to granny panties are merino wool boy shorts from Icebreaker (wool underwear, sounds weird I know, but really it's not). But, those are mostly for warmth under skirts in the winter and for hiking & outdoor stuff.

(and actually they're pretty cute in a sporty way in real life... not on the model who has zero curves though)

Icebreaker - Woman - Bodyfit150 - Boy Short
I saw some like those on close-out through Sierra or...one of those...was wondering how they were. Have Merino hats, tights...leggings...gloves...socks, sweaters, dresses...searching for camisoles and I'd imagine the boyshorts would be dandy come cold weather. GREAT fabric. Keeping that in mind...good for brisk hiking and other outdoor adventures.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:59 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,532,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Call me crazy, but I've never worn any underwear at all.
Not since I was a kid, and had them bought for me.
I just never saw the point, I guess.
I don't ever wear dresses, just shorts or jeans.
Underwear just seems like an uncomfortable and unnecessary extra layer of clothing.

I don't consider myself a really unconventional person in any way, but I must admit I've never encountered another female who shared my views on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
I agree with her too, lol!

I guess it's that Kentucky girl in me coming out, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty