Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 03:25 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,695,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Honestly, I was going to so you looked like Armando Montelongos's gay older brother
OLDER BROTHER????? You mean much younger!

I look like Ewan McGregor's younger brother.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
First off, please STOP private messaging me about this, I know you don't like my opinion, but seriously?! C'mon now.... You want to be younger, you aren't. Accept it, and move on. If you think you look good, fine; but don't get all upset because others disagree with you.

Anyway, since you said it yourself 37 is middle age, you are ALMOST middle age then, how's that?

No, if you were in "TOP" physical shape, you wouldn't be overweight. You can life 100lbs?

GREAT, so can I, and I am 5'4" 125lbs (16% body fat), and a GIRL.
37 is TECHNICALLY middle aged, but not society wise. To me Young Adult is 18-35.

Then Mature Adult 36 and up. Middle aged usually doesnt set in til mid 40s or so. But it DEPENDS on the person

And I bet I look younger than you.

I knew people would jump on my weight rigth away. Cant thin people look older?

I have lost 60 lbs and I am TRYING to lose the rest.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:27 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
I see it now. Maturity-wise, you ARE in your early 20s. Visually, you are 30.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:27 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,868,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
I never said I looked 17!

I think I look about 25 or so. Is that so wrong?
The thing is.... you posted your picture on here and asked the entire WORLD if you looked your age.... and when they responded you got ticked off. Listen, you think it is cool these KIDS are telling you you look so young... that is great...17 WOW! I was a teacher and kids haven't a clue about age! I am not telling you that to hurt your feelings.... It is the God's honest turth....Plus you work in a SMOOTHIE SHOP... how old are most people working in SMOOTHIE SHOPS? Just wondering.... are they 30? My guess is they are most likely in the late teens to early 20's at the oldest.... so the teens coming in are only naturally going to jump the conclusion the person working there is around that age.... that is how their young mind works... sorry... Having helped shape and mold these young minds I can tell you that is how they think....

Old 05-24-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
The thing is.... you posted your picture on here and asked the entire WORLD if you looked your age.... and when they responded you got ticked off. Listen, you think it is cool these KIDS are telling you you look so young... that is great...17 WOW! I was a teacher and kids haven't a clue about age! I am not telling you that to hurt your feelings.... It is the God's honest turth....Plus you work in a SMOOTHIE SHOP... how old are most people working in SMOOTHIE SHOPS? Just wondering.... are they 30? My guess is they are most likely in the late teens to early 20's at the oldest.... so the teens coming in are only naturally going to jump the conclusion the person working there is around that age.... that is how their young mind works... sorry... Having helped shape and mold these young minds I can tell you that is how they think....
That wasnt it at all. We got into discussion about schools. They thought I was a Jr or Sr in high school. The older kids thought I was more like starting college. The oldest they thought I was was 20

Oh, and yes people my age do work there. There was a girl just my age, who also thought I was younger. She said she wasnt sure why, but she thought I was years younger . Especially when I wore my glasses. I was 29 when I started work there. I just turned 30.

Also, people here (except for a few such as NC Mom) are not being nice. They are being mean spirited, as if they enjoy telling me I look older (lies)

Anyways, pictures arent really accurate are they? Lighting etc. Maybe Im one of those people who just dont photograph well,I dunno.

But I sure as heck dont look middle aged. And 30 is not middle aged.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I see it now. Maturity-wise, you ARE in your early 20s. Visually, you are 30.
No, you have it backwards.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
That wasnt it at all. We got into discussion about schools. They thought I was a Jr or Sr in high school. The older kids thought I was more like starting college. The oldest they thought I was was 20

Oh, and yes people my age do work there. There was a girl just my age, who also thought I was younger. She said she wasnt sure why, but she thought I was years younger . Especially when I wore my glasses. I was 29 when I started work there. I just turned 30.

Also, people here (except for a few such as NC Mom) are not being nice. They are being mean spirited, as if they enjoy telling me I look older (lies)

Anyways, pictures arent really accurate are they? Lighting etc. Maybe Im one of those people who just dont photograph well,I dunno.

But I sure as heck dont look middle aged. And 30 is not middle aged.
Listen, sorry, but you have to look at this seriously. I think we all thought you were joking at first. I know I did. A lot of people make posts as jokes to get a raz sometimes or just to because they have nothing better to do.... You just are so worked up.... but you have to remember YOU posted this... you put your picture on here.... and ASKED everyone what they thought... the truth sometimes hurts.... but in the pictures you posted.... the ones YOU selected for us to view... You look your age. You cannot be upset at the posters on here who are telling you you look 30. You are insisting you look younger and maybe in "Real Life" you do.... maybe.... but getting into fights on CD makes it look like this Thread is a JOKE.... sorry, but it does..... just food for thought...

Old 05-24-2009, 03:36 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,627,520 times
Quote:
And I bet I look younger than you.

I knew people would jump on my weight rigth away. Cant thin people look older?
Probably, but that is because you ARE younger than I am. I will be 33 in a few months, but I know I am in my 30's; and don't have a desire to relive my youth, lol.

I only brought up your weight, after you did. You made the statement that you are in perfect health; but you aren't cause of the weight. Being able to life 100lbs is not a huge feat for a guy of your size. (I mean height/build, not weight)

Anyway, I knew you would eventually ask for others to show their pics, so here ya go. This was last summer.(the time stamp is messed up on my camera, BTW; I know it was last year, since I only had pink hair last year, lol!) If I look older than 32 oh well, if I look younger oh well; I only care about looking and feeling like ME; no matter WHAT the age.
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 08:46 PM..

Old 05-24-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Probably, but that is because you ARE younger than I am. I will be 33 in a few months, but I know I am in my 30's; and don't have a desire to relive my youth, lol.

I only brought up your weight, after you did. You made the statement that you are in perfect health; but you aren't cause of the weight. Being able to life 100lbs is not a huge feat for a guy of your size. (I mean height/build, not weight)

Anyway, I knew you would eventually ask for others to show their pics, so here ya go. This was last summer.(the time stamp is messed up on my camera, BTW; I know it was last year, since I only had pink hair last year, lol!) If I look older than 32 oh well, if I look younger oh well; I only care about looking and feeling like ME; no matter WHAT the age.
great post and photo! Nothing wrong with 33! I am happier now in every way at 31 than I have ever been I would never go back......

Old 05-24-2009, 03:46 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
I am starting to wonder if you are......
retarded? a serial killer? a virgin? I say all of the above

Quote:
Here is a recent picture of me. People think I look 30 or older. But in person, most people think I look no older than early 20s. Is this because people have warped perception here on City-Data? What makes me look my age?
1. WTF is up with that shirt? Aww did your mommy make that for you.
2. Yes you look like you are in your 20s. If by 20s you mean a 20 something meth addict.
3. I am 90 and look like a zygote so I have you beat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty