Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2009, 07:05 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times

Advertisements

oh dear God-another thread by this...............person

Old 05-24-2009, 07:13 PM

1,192 posts, read 3,693,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that you look like you are in your early 30's. But that's because I work with a lot of college students, and you look a lot older than the kids I work with. Maybe having a little baby fat in your face and body makes some think you younger. Or maybe it's your mannerisms, the way you talk and move.

Otherwise, it's only teenagers at the smoothie shop that think you are 19 or 30... not anyone else? And perhaps it's also because they don't expect anyone older to be working at a smoothie shop. So I feel that you shouldn't take what they say about you as a compliment. By telling you that they think you only 19 or 20, might actually be them making fun of the loser working the smoothie shop. Jobs like that are on the same level as working at McDonald's.

So are you a manager at that smoothie shop or just a regular smoothie making worker?

Otherwise, no offense, but you look gay to me... based on the gay men I know in real life. Something about your looks, posture and style of dressing.

Gay? Oh my God. Thanks for all the wonderful compliments. I look gay and old and over 30.

Maybe its because I dont dress like a typical college kid that you think I look older?

No, I'm not a manager. I just work there.

And no, its not because they dont expect someone may age to work at the Smoothie Shop. As I said there are other people my age working there- and THEY TOO think I look much younger. But teenagers are often better judges because to them most people look older- so if they think I look 19 or 20 that MEANS A LOT MORE than someone in their 50s thinking I look that.

I DO NOT LOOK 30

And you think I'm a loser because I have a job and am working???
What kind of person are you to say that?? No, they are not making fun of me. They are just saying how young I look.

And its not just teenagers. Its other people too.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:16 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
Narcissism. I can't believe I'm participating here

Old 05-24-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Narcissism. I can't believe I'm participating here
Im not a narcissist. I just post a simple question. If people think I look older than my age, they must live in some kind of odd planet where 20 year olds look 12.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:27 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
If you are 30, why are you not at least an assistant manager of your smoothie shop? Why are you only a counter person? Did you not go to college? With what you are getting paid, are you able to be saving for your golden years? Being a smoothie making counter person is a starter job best suited for a college student.

About the gay vibes, well that's what I am getting from your posted pictures. You are so clean-shaven that you don't look very masculine. Have you thought about working out at a gym or doing some sort of other physical exercise?

Old 05-24-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If you are 30, why are you not at least an assistant manager of your smoothie shop? Why are you only a counter person? Did you not go to college? With what you are getting paid, are you able to be saving for your golden years? Being a smoothie making counter person is a starter job best suited for a college student.

About the gay vibes, well that's what I am getting from your posted pictures. You are so clean-shaven that you don't look very masculine. Have you thought about working out at a gym or doing some sort of other physical exercise?
Im a musician, and I only work at the Smoothie Shop PT. I have made records, and I tour all over the country. I have 2 years of college

I just dont understand how you could think I look "way older" than the college kids you work with. Most college kids I see look older than myself. Some have lines and wrinkles on their faces, etc.

Also I like to be clean shaven. I fail to see how that makes a person "look gay".

Maybe because its the old clothes I wear make you think I look 30?

Anyways, its not just the kids at the smoothie shop. Its Casting Agents and Talent Directors that are taken back by my age. They think I look at least 8 years younger than 30. They have me read for parts that are for teens/college age range.

And I never thought about it, but everywhere I go people think I look younger. Except of course, for you.

I am trying to get in better shape. I have lost 60 lbs over 3 years.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:31 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
I am going to be totally honest. You do not look 30, but you sure do not look 19 or 20. If I did not know you, I would guess 25 years old.

Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I am going to be totally honest. You do not look 30, but you sure do not look 19 or 20. If I did not know you, I would guess 25 years old.
YAY !!!! I bet you would think 19 or 20 if I lost 40 lbs right? How old are you BTW?

Old 05-24-2009, 07:33 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
Im not a narcissist. I just post a simple question. If people think I look older than my age, they must live in some kind of odd planet where 20 year olds look 12.
So... what's the point of this thread? To boast that the teenagers you work with think that you look 19 or 20 years old? Or are you asking for advice on how to look your age? What is it that you want from us?

And maybe it's your smoothie shop that's located in some odd space-time continuum vortex.

BTW... have you ever thought of dressing up like Peter Pan for Halloween?

Old 05-24-2009, 07:35 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
YAY !!!! I bet you would think 19 or 20 if I lost 40 lbs right? How old are you BTW?

No way...you'd look 15 if you lost that much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty