U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:45 AM

35 posts, read 125,529 times

Advertisements

Plus, there are so many cute lounge clothes that are a little different than flannel pjs, but are also very comfortable. You can make GOOD fashion statement and be comfy at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 09:47 AM

8,216 posts, read 12,805,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevogels View Post
It doesnt really bother me, but to me it gives an impression of someone who doesn't care for her person. I'm not saying people who do ARE sloppy and unkempt, just that they give the appearance of that. I would never do it, myself.
Same here, it doesn't really bother me but I just don't get it because I could never do it myself. I would feel sloppy.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 AM

5,500 posts, read 19,509,642 times
Pajama bottoms in public is too weird for me. But I am guilty of wearing sweat pants to the store and not looking my best sometimes.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:37 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,325,868 times
It bothers me a little but it really depends. If it's 4am at WalMart I don't care if people are out and about in their pajamas, but if it's during the day it drives me nuts. Especially when I see a bunch of grown adults in their pajamas at my college. The last thing I want to see in my math class is one middle aged woman in her pajamas.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:45 AM

13,320 posts, read 19,659,786 times
I have to say I have only seen this a few times but each time I wind up looking in amazement....
We're just not use to it.........We didn't grow up seeing this........and it seems a bit strange.
PJ's were for bedtime.......not for shopping time. I think they just rolled out of bed and haven't showered yet.!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,568,089 times
i wonder if it's regional. it strucked me as odd hwen i first moved to fredericksburg va, as i never saw this back home in coastal nc.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:15 PM

13,105 posts, read 17,640,353 times
I think it all has to do with the frump movement that is going on . I would never dress in my pajama bottoms or sweats . but that is me and to each his own . I see young girls wearing these pajama bottoms out and my husband cringes everytime he sees them so I know from his reaction that he would not like it one bit . I always try to dress accordingly for the occasion . This is just how I feel but dont hold it against anyone if or how they choose to dress .

Old 05-27-2009, 12:59 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,935,218 times
I've posted my thoughts on this in that women dressing frumpy thread....
I think that PJs, sweats (which amount to PJs), lounge clothes, and workout clothing is inappropriate for public wear (unless you are on our way to/from the gym). It says a LOT about a person, including a lack of respect for those around them. I absolutely cannot stand those matching sweat suits either....what's next, baby onesies for adults? A waistband just might be too uncomfortable...

Seriously, since when are jeans too much effort & not considered casual & comfortable?

Old 05-27-2009, 01:31 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,142,113 times
Honestly, I haven't seen one where I live. I get uncomfortable going out to get my mail or the paper in the driveway in my PJ's. My 14 yo does not have a problem walking the dog on the block in her PJ bottoms and a tank top...we do read her the riot act over it, but as all teenagers do, in one ear out the other ...la la la la la la. If I did see one, I'd just shrug it off. Their call, no reflection on me.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:49 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,207,202 times
I wear them to drive my son to school all the time. Of course, I always hope that I don't need to get out of the car and so far so good. Personally I wouldn't wear them to the grocery store, but I saw someone wearing their pj bottoms out this weekend. They were really cute with a super hero print and I now want a pair. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty