U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:31 AM

8,668 posts, read 19,914,691 times

Advertisements

It seems to be stylish to wear them in public. It certainly something you do see these days. So whatever..... but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. I will go out and get the mail in mine or take the trash out, but that's as public as I want to get with them. I don't feel the same about sweats, however, even though I don't wear them. To me, sweats in public are fine. To me, the hang-up is not that it's too casual or sloppy~ it's just I'm old-fashioned I guess and to me, garments that are intended as "sleepwear" are not worn outside the house.

Yeah, I might have been willing to drive my son to school in them and take the "risk" I might have to get out of the car for some reason, but to do it intentionally, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 10:54 AM

445 posts, read 934,767 times
I think it's kind of trendy. You see all the different colors and designs, polka dots, stripes, cartoon characters. I think women just want to be comfortable, and get tired of being "bound" all the time, lol. Doesn't bother me. I wouldn't do it, as I work in scrubs all the time, so on my off time, regular clothes.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 AM

3,800 posts, read 3,429,050 times
And those houseshoes, that the PJ people wear, that flop and hit the floor with every step they take.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:54 PM

4,551 posts, read 9,861,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscogeeButterfly View Post
I think it's kind of trendy. You see all the different colors and designs, polka dots, stripes, cartoon characters. I think women just want to be comfortable, and get tired of being "bound" all the time, lol. Doesn't bother me. I wouldn't do it, as I work in scrubs all the time, so on my off time, regular clothes.
This is NOT trendy...it is scummy I don't understand this Walmart way of dressing with giant cartoon characters stretched over your fat ass and and zip up PJ's that are also barely zipping up. If it is cold a filty dirty coat that hasn't been washed in eight or nine years is placed over the whole ensemble followed by a jean purse that has rolled around in fungus for over a decade I'm not even going to go into the sicky skin and what in the hell is going on with the whole body thing

Old 05-28-2009, 05:57 PM

2,257 posts, read 1,721,997 times
Worrying about what other people are wearing has got to be one of the biggest wastes of time and energy known to mankind, especially as there's far more important BS going on to worry about.

Some have mentioned how much "better dressed" the French are. Guess what? The French work less hours than we do and they tend to walk, cycle and use mass transit far more than we do.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:22 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
The French work less hours than we do and they tend to walk, cycle and use mass transit far more than we do.
They sure do. And it sure shows.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:05 PM

1,891 posts, read 5,146,844 times
Question! Do people sleep in the pj's, then get up, take a shower and put the pj's back on? Or do they get a fresh pair of pj's to put on for the day?

Old 05-28-2009, 07:09 PM

2,257 posts, read 1,721,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
They sure do. And it sure shows.
....besides, some women in PJ's look hot....I 'aint complaining!

Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 AM

4,551 posts, read 9,861,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
....besides, some women in PJ's look hot....I 'aint complaining!

It is a well known fact that those that shop in PJ's do not look hot I think the larger fatter crowd wears them sometimes they have given up fitting into normal pants.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:25 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,358,628 times
Default Good Question !!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
I think it looks lazy and sloppy. I wonder if the people that are defending this as okay would also wear a nightgown out in public- shopping, errands, etc.

Something to ponder!!
Rep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty