Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:30 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,230 times

Advertisements

I need a heavy moisturizer for my face, due to very-dry skin, preferable a cream one. Your recommendations, please? Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 PM

557 posts, read 2,610,182 times
The one I use is Olay's "Complete PLUS" ultra rich day cream" with uva+uvb protection. Absorbs easily. Was using a product before by Estee Lauder, but Olay's absorbs better and costs a fraction of the price. Hard to find. I order it from drugstore.com.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:45 AM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,807 times
Whichever cream you do use, try a drop or two of jojoba oil added to the application.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:49 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
I love Lush's creams. Gorgeous is their most expensive, but it's really nice. I personally use Almond Kisses by them, as well as their Eau Roma toner spray, which helps throughout the day.

Try a natural oil at night right after dampening your face. I prefer coconut oil, or jojoba oil. Just stay away from mineral oils, or petroleum oils.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:44 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,338,402 times
I use Dr. Denese Hydroshield Ultra-moisturizing Face Serum before using a moisturizer. Of all of the products that I ahve used over the years, this is one product that I cannot imagine doing without. You need very little and when it settles into your skin (several minutes), then add a good moisturizer. I switch between Dr. Denese, Philosophy, and a moisturizer that I got at the doctor's office. All work well with Hydroshield.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:49 AM

557 posts, read 2,610,182 times
Please tell us where you buy these moisturizers?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:00 AM

349 posts, read 887,489 times
Default Olay Regenerist

Their Regenerist line is the best, great moisture, terrific texture and very pleasant smell.

Oh, it also does keep the wrinkles at bay, like it promises!

Old 06-06-2009, 07:53 AM

27,336 posts, read 27,387,014 times
I thinking drinking water...lots of it.... helps, no matter what product you use. Im not made of money so cant buy those cremes that cost like 30 bucks for a 1 ounce jar , although I know Avon makes some really good stuff called Anew, but it seems Oil of Olay works good enough for me. And they make it in generic too.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:11 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,011,282 times
I second FreeSpirited's recommendation of Olay Regenerist. I use the "Deep Hydration" and my skin feels great! I also have very dry (often flaky) skin and this is the only product I've used that really seems to work. It's lightweight, absorbs quickly and has a light, clean fragrance. It has a "pop-up" feature, so you always get a single serving. No chance of using too much unless you pop-up twice or more.

I've been using it for about a year now and my skin has never felt better. Vey soft, never tight or dry. I don't even have to use it every day! At $28, it's not exactly inexpensive, but it's far less than some of the other things out there, especially at the salons and specialty shops. And one jar lasts a looooong time. Months.

Of course, you have to remember to use moisturising cleansing products, too. And exfoliate every now and then.

As far as water drinking, well maybe that's individual. In my experience, water didn't help. A few years ago, in an attempt to be more "healthy" I started guzzling water. Minimum 96oz every day. Didn't make my skin any better -- not brighter and no less dry. Didn't do anything for the hair either. Matter of fact, all that water did was make me have to pee more often. WAY more often . To give it a fair trial, I did it for about 8-9 months.

I've since cut way back and am much happier because I can once again go more than an hour without having to do the bathroom dash .

Old 06-06-2009, 08:30 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,065,064 times
I use Phisoderm to wash with, then extra virgin olive oil while my skin is really damp. No wrinkles. Soft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty