U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:12 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,200,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I was at wal mart one day and this guy about 6 '4" came around the end of the isle...

He was dressed in a full length dress, high heels, one of those going to church hats, caring a purse.. and all of the make-up..

I wonder if his buddies dared him to do it?
Awwww, darn! I might actually go to Walmart to see that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 PM

862 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
So you don't look trashy and classless?

Tacky people:

Pajamas. Tweety Bird T-Shirt. Ghetto stuff. Stained clothing. Stretch pants. Nascar T-shirt.
Tacky people in YOUR opinion.

I wear what I want. I don't worry about what other people wear, except for the women that are so dressed up and their noses so high in the air pretending they are too good for Walmart. If you're too good for Walmart, then why shop there.

Nothing wrong with T-shirts, no matter what is on them. Tweety or Nascar.

Stained clothes. Maybe that's all the clothes a person has. Some people only have the money to shop at 2nd hand shops. Or doesn't have money to get new clothes so if something gets stained but is stilll wearable, it gets worn.

If you don't like what you see, don't look. Or don't shop there.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:16 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,229,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Tacky people in YOUR opinion.

I wear what I want. I don't worry about what other people wear, except for the women that are so dressed up and their noses so high in the air pretending they are too good for Walmart. If you're too good for Walmart, then why shop there.

Nothing wrong with T-shirts, no matter what is on them. Tweety or Nascar.

Stained clothes. Maybe that's all the clothes a person has. Some people only have the money to shop at 2nd hand shops. Or doesn't have money to get new clothes so if something gets stained but is stilll wearable, it gets worn.

If you don't like what you see, don't look. Or don't shop there.

I actually am too good for Walmart (I shop at Target, and I pronounce it the snobby way: "Tar-zhay").
But I think Nascar teeshirts are cool. If I had one, I'd wear it.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:23 PM

862 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
I actually am too good for Walmart (I shop at Target, and I pronounce it the snobby way: "Tar-zhay").
But I think Nascar teeshirts are cool. If I had one, I'd wear it.
We shop at Tar-zhay too. And K-Mart. Not into the dollar stores. Not that I'm too good for them, just too lazy to drive where they are at. WalMart, Target, Kmart are all w/i a block of each other and a mile and a half from where I live. Wherever it's cheapest is where I buy it.

I know alot of people hate WalMart but the one in my town keeps the gas prices lower here then the rest of the metro, and doesn't do all that jumping up and down a cent here a cent there.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:29 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,229,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
We shop at Tar-zhay too. And K-Mart. Not into the dollar stores. Not that I'm too good for them, just too lazy to drive where they are at. WalMart, Target, Kmart are all w/i a block of each other and a mile and a half from where I live. Wherever it's cheapest is where I buy it.

I know alot of people hate WalMart but the one in my town keeps the gas prices lower here then the rest of the metro, and doesn't do all that jumping up and down a cent here a cent there.

I was just kidding about the "too good" part.
Although I do have a few ethical concerns about Walmart, that probably wouldn't stop me if I really liked their merchandise.
Unfortunately, I've always found Walmarts to be grubby and cluttered (whereas Targets usually seem immaculate, and almost preternaturally bright; what kind of light bulbs do they use in there, anyway?), and I don't usually find clothes that I like there; they don't seem to carry a lot of women's clothes in smaller sizes, and the teen clothes always look tacky- encrusted with sequins or glitter.
Of course, this is just my general impression; I've only been in Walmart a couple of times, and it's been years. I could be way off base.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:40 PM

3,296 posts, read 8,186,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I can't even conceive of dressing up to run errands.

I wear presentable attire (no PJs, but possibly exercise clothes if that's what I was doing before I got there, or if I biked there). Typically jeans and a T-shirt. I wear undergarments if I'm leaving the house, even if it's a sports bra. I make sure my hair is neatly brushed, usually pulled back in a ponytail.

The only reason I'd have makeup on to run errands would be if I already had it on for some other reason and happened to go shopping.

I don't "do" my hair or specifically put on makeup to run errands...why waste the time when I look presentable without it? I don't dress up unless the situation warrants it, and running into Wal-Mart or Target or Walgreens or similar just doesn't.
Amen sister! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks getting dressed up to run errands is silly.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:41 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,923,478 times
If I am just going out to run errands, then it is usually skinny jeans & a cute top or tee and sandals. Depends on the weather of course.

I avoid Wal-Mart though. There's so many disturbingly ugly, dirty, and/or obese people there. It's just an unpleasant place to shop.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 PM

2,893 posts, read 7,841,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
If you're hanging around the house very casually, and you decide to go to WalMart or McDonalds or Piggly Wiggly, do you dress? Or just go as you are, putting on something legal if necessary?
I usually wear a t-shirt, khakis or cargo pants while I shop at Wal-Mart

Old 06-09-2009, 01:38 AM

10,748 posts, read 25,483,847 times
I don't shop at WalMart, but running errands at any store, dry cleaner, when I absolutely have to and cannot get someone else to do them, I generally wear whatever I have on when I need to get said item. That said, I don't leave the house in anything less than a polo shirt and shorts, but have been known to be in Target in a suit, and the grocery store at 3am in a tuxedo.

Some people do dress quite casually and that's fine if they're comfortable and what they're wearing is decent, literally, not bordering on the indecent. What makes me uncomfortable, however, is t-shirts with off-color commentary or clothes that are more suitable for a nudist resort that leave absolutely nothing to the imagination. What drives me nuts in the summer is the use of bathing suits as fashion, as in the bikini tops and short-shorts when the store in question is absolutely nowehere near the beach or a body of water. To me, that's taking casual a little too far...

Old 06-09-2009, 02:19 AM

114,024 posts, read 52,280,808 times
Undershirt , shorts and sandals .....socks optional!! Suave!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty