Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 10:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The very same goods, the very same foods, that are sold at WalMart, are sold at Target, Sears, Penneys, Loews, Home Depot, Kohls, and your local grocery store.
Seriously.

Anybody on an anti-WalMart high horse needs to be realistic about everywhere else they purchase things, too, unless they're growing and making it all at home. Don't kid yourself. Target (and everyplace else) is no different. Lower quality, cheaply made goods are everywhere. Some places just put lower price tags on the same crap than others do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Seriously.

Anybody on an anti-WalMart high horse needs to be realistic about everywhere else they purchase things, too, unless they're growing and making it all at home. Don't kid yourself. Target (and everyplace else) is no different. Lower quality, cheaply made goods are everywhere. Some places just put lower price tags on the same crap than others do.
I don't like my local Walmart because it's in a high-crime area, the parking lot and surrounding area is generally full of riff-raff (cars getting broke into, people selling drugs on the corner, people getting mugged), and the store is unorganized and very very dirty. That's why I avoid it and go to Target instead-I know the goods are the same but the shopping experience at Target overall is a bit more a pleasant experience where I live.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:37 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I don't like my local Walmart because it's in a high-crime area, the parking lot and surrounding area is generally full of riff-raff (cars getting broke into, people selling drugs on the corner, people getting mugged), and the store is unorganized and very very dirty. That's why I avoid it and go to Target instead-I know the goods are the same but the shopping experience at Target overall is a bit more a pleasant experience where I live.
I agree

I made the mistake of going to Wal-Mart late one night because other stores were closed, and I saw a drug deal go down in the parking lot.
I live in a squeaky clean suburb too!

It's also dirty and messy inside. I feel like I need a shower after shopping there.

I don't like the merch as much either. It's fine for buying toilet paper or whatever, but Target and other stores have better cheap clothes & housewares, IMO.

The employees look miserable too. Target employees look a little happier, and I've heard better experiences from people who've worked at Target than Wal-Mart. I like to support better work environments for people.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:12 AM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,728 times
I always have my hair done and basic make-up on but... I have no problem throwing on sweats and a tank or tee to go shopping.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:51 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,954,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The very same goods, the very same foods, that are sold at WalMart, are sold at Target, Sears, Penneys, Loews, Home Depot, Kohls, and your local grocery store.
Agreed. While I don't eat very frequently at McDonalds because I choose to stay in shape, I do shop at Wal-Mart and our version in the northeast of Piggly Wiggly to save money on certain items. Clorox Bleach at Wal-Mart is the same as in some "higher end" store. Also, the majority of goods that are sold at the majority of stores are from foreign countries.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:04 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If a person can't see me past what I'm wearing, then it isn't my problem, is it?
We have a winner.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:46 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
During the spring/summer seasons: I'll just dab on a tiny bit of makeup, put my hair in a ponytail, ball cap, cute summer shirt, shorts, and sandals.

During the fall/winter season: I'll just dab on a tiny bit of makeup, fix my hair a little (or put in ponytail), long sleeve shirt, maybe a jacket or sweater (depending how cold it is outside), jeans, and sneakers.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:34 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
In a Seinfeld episode, Jerry and George were about to go to a store and George was wearing sweat pants. Jerry told George that people who go out in public wearing sweat pants are basically telling the world "I give up".

Actually, if I wear anything fancier than a t-shirt to Walmart, I look around at everybody else and start feeling overdressed.
That Seinfeld quote was the first thing that came to mind when I saw sweatpants mentioned!

I try to always look at least decent when I go to Walmart because I figure I will run into somebody I know. I dress casually, outfits vary by time of year and weather.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:29 AM

2,278 posts, read 3,922,122 times
People of Walmart: a collection of all the creatures that grace us with their presence at Walmart, America's favorite store.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:39 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
yes that is definitely the Walmart where I live! Especially the last pic.!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty