U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-15-2009, 11:22 PM

31 posts, read 257,720 times

Advertisements

I've got a couple of questions about ways to succesfully and in cleanly fashion shave off chest/shoulder/back hair for men. I'm in my mid 20s, but I've got a pretty good coat that I really prefer to keep off. I've tried a variety of methods and haven't been happy with any of them. I've 1) Used Nair 2) Shaved with regular cream 3) Tried the man groomer Nair is a complete mess. It kinda of works...but it usually misses some spots which really looks awkward...and the stench is awful. I just hate it. Regular cream also does not hit every spot...and although it doesn't stink...it still makes mess in the bath tub. The man groomer can get jammed too easily...I'm very disappointed with the blade. I really find it annoying how people say "just use nair" because it's not that easy. Since I've already done this before...the hair is already growing back...so leaving it alone is not a choice now. I'd like to find some solution were I can get ALL spots and do it in a way that doesn't make a mess of my bathroom or my body odor. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 11:23 PM

2,868 posts, read 6,261,482 times
Have someone wax it for you.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:01 AM

8 posts, read 13,375 times
Use Gillete for women. I know its womans product but if u want real results i recommend it. U can use just a simple bic blade.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:30 PM

255 posts, read 578,684 times
I'm a full body groomer, I too have alot of body hair. In doing it myself, for wet shaving I use women's Gellette venus disposable razors, mens shaving cream. In the shower I use the same razor with hair conditioner. For my back I use an electric body groomer, I dry shave my back. I have had my wife wet shave my back before but she sometimes isn't there when I want to groom.

As a full body groomer, I do groom my legs and arms as well as all of those places where to sun doen't shine. I wet shave with the gellette venus in those private areas and under arms, it does an excellent job and no nicks! My arms and legs I use and epilator.

this maybe more than you wanted to know but none the less I wanted to let you know what I do. I have been at this for a while and this is what works for me. With epilation on my arms and legs it lasts a good week between grooming, the wet shaving and dry shave of my back only lasts a few days, there isn't much more that I'm willing to do or spend to remove body hair. Its a lot of work but I like the results, my wife likes it also.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:14 PM

2,778 posts, read 5,476,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2225 View Post
I'm a full body groomer, I too have alot of body hair. In doing it myself, for wet shaving I use women's Gellette venus disposable razors, mens shaving cream. In the shower I use the same razor with hair conditioner. For my back I use an electric body groomer, I dry shave my back. I have had my wife wet shave my back before but she sometimes isn't there when I want to groom.

As a full body groomer, I do groom my legs and arms as well as all of those places where to sun doen't shine. I wet shave with the gellette venus in those private areas and under arms, it does an excellent job and no nicks! My arms and legs I use and epilator.

this maybe more than you wanted to know but none the less I wanted to let you know what I do. I have been at this for a while and this is what works for me. With epilation on my arms and legs it lasts a good week between grooming, the wet shaving and dry shave of my back only lasts a few days, there isn't much more that I'm willing to do or spend to remove body hair. Its a lot of work but I like the results, my wife likes it also.

Good lord, why not just have it permanently removed? That sounds like one intensive routine.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:54 PM
JL

6,382 posts, read 6,989,856 times
One thing for certain, NEVER use Nair on your chest!!!...OUCH!!

Old 07-26-2009, 06:31 AM

255 posts, read 578,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Good lord, why not just have it permanently removed? That sounds like one intensive routine.
LOL! Believe me I have looked into laser hair removal. The full body treatment, full process for a guy at one time would run up to $10,000. I don't have that kind of money or time. I figured if I wanted or could get the laser treatment I would go all the way.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:01 PM

15 posts, read 50,655 times
wax or nair work the best.. just make sure to get the nair off quickly enough.
http://www.self-confdence-coach.com/flashstuff/images/11.gif (broken link)
http://www.self-confdence-coach.com/flashstuff/images/10.gif (broken link)

Old 07-27-2009, 02:02 PM

2,535 posts, read 4,925,030 times
Why in the world would a man shave his chest hair? I dont get it.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:31 PM

114 posts, read 206,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Why in the world would a man shave his chest hair? I dont get it.
the same reason a woman would shave her legs or under her arms. personal preference. some men may feel it's more attractive. some may just like the way it feels. there are lots of reasons.

one could ask why would a woman pierce her ears? why do women put things through their ears like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty