U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Itz

714 posts, read 1,921,544 times

Advertisements

there is nothing close on the market to the Footworks line that Avon has! The lotion and cleansing scrub for your feet! VERY NICE.

i can't stand the nail polish - I found on my nails it chips off very easy.
the eye liner i found is in line with the expensive department store brands
I've never tried their foundation or powder.. very sensitive skin
I do like their mascara, blush and eye shadows.. those are in line with the expensive department store brands.
the Anew line - i tried it... but my results were not typical.. ha-ha.. i have oily skin and wanted something for the "aging" part... after a couple days, my boyfriend asked me what happened to my face. LOL. it had literally swelled up! I put it on my entire face and probably should have used it only around the eyes - thus getting the same results as a $150 bottle of "aging" cream.

Their shower gel is very nice... i prefer this over the speciality stores that deal with "bath".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:50 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,732,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
there is nothing close on the market to the Footworks line that Avon has! The lotion and cleansing scrub for your feet! VERY NICE.

i can't stand the nail polish - I found on my nails it chips off very easy.
the eye liner i found is in line with the expensive department store brands
I've never tried their foundation or powder.. very sensitive skin
I do like their mascara, blush and eye shadows.. those are in line with the expensive department store brands.
the Anew line - i tried it... but my results were not typical.. ha-ha.. i have oily skin and wanted something for the "aging" part... after a couple days, my boyfriend asked me what happened to my face. LOL. it had literally swelled up! I put it on my entire face and probably should have used it only around the eyes - thus getting the same results as a $150 bottle of "aging" cream.

Their shower gel is very nice... i prefer this over the speciality stores that deal with "bath".
I disagree and agree both with your post, lol.

Disagrees:
foot care line, hated it! I prefer Lush; works better, lasts longer, smells better.
shower gels, again hated them, too greasy afterwards for me, prefer Lush for this as well, not to mention the scents are not my style, or not scented enough for my tastes
eyeshadows are never the same color in person as in the books, and I prefer many of the lines that Sephora carries (like Urban decay and too faced)

Agrees:
eyeliners are great, especially the glimmer sticks! those are a must have!
mascara is decent, but I prefer the 2 step maybellene xxl type (gives you hella fake lashes look)
nail polish is good for me, since I only wear it on my toes, and change it constantly, so for the price (especially during sales) it's great

no comments:
foundations, powders, and the Anew lines I have never used.

The thing I hate the most about Avon is the waiting to get your stuff after ordering. If I want makeup, I want it NOW, not in a few weeks, lol.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:16 PM

1,041 posts, read 4,030,604 times
The one thing that I don't love about Avon is not being able to really see the colors before you buy the product. But that's the nature of the biz.

Anyways, I got eyeshadow that I like, but don't love. I also have lip gloss that I really like. I don't think Avon is any better than other drug store brands, and not quite as good as some the dept store brands. JMO.

I would say get something and see if you like it- the products are all pretty reasonable, so if you don't love it, you won't be out a ton of money!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:24 PM

737 posts, read 1,476,488 times
I have bought a few of there products but I'm not crazy about them. I do like one of there perfumes alot.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:14 PM

517 posts, read 1,661,861 times
I recently started selling their products and buy it for myself too. I love their things.

Their lipsticks, nail colors and jewelry are my favorites
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty