Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:07 PM

179 posts, read 547,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You might want to try this out so you can find one! Sephora is doing their yearly "Sephora Favorites" and they have a Mascara "Favorites" box. It's 11 deluxe sample sizes in one box for $40.

Sephora: Sephora Favorites Lashstash Mascara Deluxe Sampler ($96 Value): Combination Sets

Ha I was combing through the fashion threads, saw the mascara one and was gonna post this. Next paycheck I'm so getting this. I wanted it back in October 08 when they came out with the first version for Christmas. It sold out so fast but they didn't reintroduce it until now.

Definitely the best way to try several excellent brands without spending a fortune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 08:12 PM

914 posts, read 4,444,619 times
After trying a million different products, I am hooked on Benefit's Bad Gal Lash. To be honest, I never would have bought it for myself: I thought it sounded like it would be way too dramatic for a daytime mascara. But I got a small tube as a free sample, so I tried it, and absolutely LOVED it. It really isn't too dramatic for daytime. It makes my lashes just perfect.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:27 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
A friend of mine has been getting lash extensions and is thrilled. I didn't even know there was such a thing ( I need to get back to my girly side! ).
She says they are false lashes that are put on one at a time and stay on for about 3 to 4 weeks. They do look amazing. I would like to try that sometime.
You do know they superglue the lash to your own lashes, right? Then you can't wear mascara, and ou have to be really gentle with them. Oh, and the more you do the extensions, the more of your own lashes you will lose, which will lead to you having to use Latisse to grow more lashes.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:35 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You do know they superglue the lash to your own lashes, right? Then you can't wear mascara, and ou have to be really gentle with them. Oh, and the more you do the extensions, the more of your own lashes you will lose, which will lead to you having to use Latisse to grow more lashes.

I do now!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:04 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
I just saw Latisse advertised...never heard of it before. The things they come up with!!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl14256 View Post
Ha I was combing through the fashion threads, saw the mascara one and was gonna post this. Next paycheck I'm so getting this. I wanted it back in October 08 when they came out with the first version for Christmas. It sold out so fast but they didn't reintroduce it until now.

Definitely the best way to try several excellent brands without spending a fortune.
Dang! I might have to order this too!!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:07 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times
Try Korres Deep Colour mascara (I use the grey/green color) or Prescriptives False Eyelashes... both are excellent, IMHO.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:15 PM

985 posts, read 2,600,642 times
I like Clinique's Naturally Glossy Mascara, back when I wore makeup it was the only thing I would use. It worked well for a very natural look. I already have long, thick, dark, eyelashes though so I don't know how it would work on someone with thin or short lashes.

For a curl I use Avon's Heated Lash Curler and it works really well. I love it. To be honest I don't think any mascara alone can curl lashes. I mean, most are liquid so will they not generally weigh the lashes down? I never did understand how mascaras could curl your lashes. The only way I can get the curl is with the heated curler

Last edited by Kaye02; 06-26-2009 at 10:25 PM..

Old 06-27-2009, 12:43 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now a curler is something I never could get into... It looks to me as a tool from a gyno office and I get the feeling half my lashes will remain on it. Besides, it's again one more step in the succession of endless steps!
It is one more step, but if you do it right (which isn't hard), then you shouldn't feel a thing or lose a lash

Old 06-27-2009, 06:33 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
The ONLY way to get lashes as long as the TV advertisement is to wear a pair of false lashes!!!

Generally that is true, but some of us DO have long lashes like that naturally.

Mine are stupid long, to where they hit the bottom of my eyebrows with mascara on (no matter the brand), and I am always brushing them against my glasses, and getting smudges on them cause of my lashes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty