Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:31 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,693,803 times

Advertisements

I love seeing girls with muffin tops hanging out of jeans that are say 20 years old and already 50 pounds overweight Poured into shirts they outgrew in the second grade and already riding on electric chairs because it is hard to move around much or at the very least doing the grocery cart hump. They can't walk upright so they lay on the grocerty cart and push it around. I am happy because I know they will be needing lots of medication simply to stay alive and working in a pharmacy this is how I keep my job Keep eating and eating and eating eating and sitting Tank tops rule with flesh hanging!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,139,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I love seeing girls with muffin tops hanging out of jeans that are say 20 years old and already 50 pounds overweight Poured into shirts they outgrew in the second grade and already riding on electric chairs because it is hard to move around much or at the very least doing the grocery cart hump. They can't walk upright so they lay on the grocerty cart and push it around. I am happy because I know they will be needing lots of medication simply to stay alive and working in a pharmacy this is how I keep my job Keep eating and eating and eating eating and sitting Tank tops rule with flesh hanging!!!
LOL

I believe that if you don't have any regard for the way your midsection works, you probably shouldn't be wearing belly shirts. Unfortunately this rule is broken way too much.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:15 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,818,916 times
I strongly disagree with most of what I am seeing here. Women should have the freedom to dress sexy if they choose to. I was reading a site about Russian women. When the weather get's warm the ladies love to dress sexy and scantily clad. They have the total freedom to dress like that, nobody calls them whores.

When I read about the Russian women it made me realize that the single thing I dislike most about American culture is that we place restrictions on what women wear. It's part of a general restriction (and fear) of female sexuality. I say if a woman wants to dress conservative or frumpy that should be her choice, but don't tell other women how to dress and don't judge them.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:17 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,765,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I strongly disagree with most of what I am seeing here. Women should have the freedom to dress sexy if they choose to. I was reading a site about Russian women. When the weather get's warm the ladies love to dress sexy and scantily clad. They have the total freedom to dress like that, nobody calls them whores.

When I read about the Russian women it made me realize that the single thing I dislike most about American culture is that we place restrictions on what women wear. It's part of a general restriction (and fear) of female sexuality. I say if a woman wants to dress conservative or frumpy that should be her choice, but don't tell other women how to dress and don't judge them.
Women can dress as sluttily as they like. I reserve the right to judge them and call them whores although I don't do that to their face.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:05 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,140,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Wow, whores? really? You know that the clothes you wore at some point was considered untasteful. My question is why do you look if you dont like it. Also, how do we know where they are going or what they are doing. Maybe they are going to a BBQ with a pool or are going to the beach or are coming back from those places. Do you really expect people to go home and change and then drive all the way back to the store?

In regards the the "slutty" clothing (not my words)...who cares...are their privates covered up?

Also, if a man walked into a store with a see thru tank top or no shirt at all, and was in good shape you would not think anything of it. So why do we make women cover up their tops? After all they are just nipples and if they are intamate then why do we allow men to expose them?
Poor arguments.

There's "cover ups" made for the beach for a reason.
And there's "no shirt, no service" policies for a reason.

I worked in a drugstore once and this man came in wearing a swimming speedo and a tank top and we all gawked in horror and then did our best not to look. When he left we burst out laughing. So yes, it's just as inappropriate for men.

The issue is that the privates are not covered. Last I checked, boobs and butts are private parts. "The don't look if you don't like it" attitude is only acceptable in your own home. In public, you dress according to public standards because people don't have much choice to look or not. Sometimes people just pop up in your field of vision or you have to serve them as an employee.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:45 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,149,724 times
Yesterday, I saw a young woman wearing a white shirt and a low rider denim skirt. And the shirt was a bit transparent from moisture, either from the light rain drizzle or her body sweat. I could see the outline of her belly and belly button. Not an attractive sight at all. I wanted to hold a full length mirror in front of her and if she didn't understand what the problem was, I would point out the error of her ways. Low slung skirts and pants just don't look good on anyone imo, even with a perfect body. And neither do damp shirts.

I wish I had a picture of her to post in this thread...

Old 07-10-2009, 12:48 AM

559 posts, read 1,757,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly01 View Post
I was shopping at old navy and saw a girl about 15 years old and was wearing such a short skirt that I could see her underwear everytime she took a step. What are these mothers thinking, letting there young ones go out in clothing or should I say ace bandages like that. To top it off the mother was with her shopping.
Oh by the way...Love your fart comment!!!LOLOLOL
these little girls are young sexual beings, that when they dress this way it evokes sexual thoughts in a lot of males. have their mothers turned a blind eye to this?
its funny to me that parents cry out nowadays about the sexualization of girls, even though many seem to be a part of the problem. is it any wonder you turn on the news and there is another story of rape, time and time again? theyre little girls, stop dressing them like sex objects!

Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 AM

4,550 posts, read 11,693,803 times
I personally detest the word and because a woman makes very poor choices about dressing her body in no way makes her a *****...in my opinion. I am sure that some people feel I dress like a ***** I just make sure I have no muffin tops through diet, excercise and wearing of proper clothing

Old 07-10-2009, 01:11 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,818,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
these little girls are young sexual beings, that when they dress this way it evokes sexual thoughts in a lot of males. have their mothers turned a blind eye to this?
its funny to me that parents cry out nowadays about the sexualization of girls, even though many seem to be a part of the problem. is it any wonder you turn on the news and there is another story of rape, time and time again? theyre little girls, stop dressing them like sex objects!
I'll have to look up the exact numbers but I recently read an article that said rape is down dramatically in the U.S compared to 40 years ago. So this dress trend is not causing rape.

If we really wanted to lower rape further we must get rid of sexist attitudes that restrict women's dress. It's the men who try to control women who are the ones who have it in them to rape in the first place. I was reading about how rape used to be extremely low in Sweden. Sweden was so advanced that there was no sexual double standard. Women were never called whores period. Then immigrants moved in who were outraged at the freedom Swedish women had. They called them "whores" and there was a huge increase in rape. It would drive me to tears if I learn that Swedish women are now dressing more conservative to please this immigrant group.

Never blame women's choice of dress for rape and ALWAYS blame and punish the men who do the raping. Castration and many years in prison is the appropriate punishment.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:03 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
Women can dress as sluttily as they like. I reserve the right to judge them and call them whores although I don't do that to their face.
I agree. If a woman dresses in a sleazy way, they are going to be judged by people. Women that dress to show off like that are doing it for the attention. If the attention is unflattering, then they will have to roll with it, just as they love the positive attention they may get.

There is a difference between being classy sexy and sleazy sexy, which I don't think is sexy at all. I work out and watch my weight to stay in good shape, but I chose to dress with class. I have many outfits that show that I stay in shape without showing too much.

However, I agree with Jay F on one thing. I don't care if a woman is walking down the street butt naked. Nobody has a right to touch another person without their consent. The perpetrator, not the rape victim should be blamed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty