Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 11:31 AM

381 posts, read 813,970 times

Advertisements

Having recently been in a Starbucks in a college town, it seems more girls are wearing these long skirts. Is there an movement of modesty behind it? I'm inclined to say no, it does seem that bare midriffs often go with the package.

Are they in now? Why? Could this be the end of the shorts and sandals look?

Last edited by dcsfanatic; 04-22-2014 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 12:19 PM

571 posts, read 1,200,341 times
Maxi skirts have been in full swing for a few years. Although long, some of the jersey fabrics hug the waist and hips - a great look for a variety of tops. Looks great with flats, sandals, heels.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:03 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times
I think skirts of any length are fashionable. Where I live i see people wearing mini, mid, and maxi skirts as well as shorts with sandals.

Im not too crazy about the high-low skirts, though.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:37 PM

169 posts, read 829,004 times
It definitely isn't a matter of modesty. Maxi dresses and skirts have been a big spring/summer fashion choice for the past few years now. You'll still have plenty of women wearing shorts. It just depends on their style

Old 04-23-2014, 12:59 AM

532 posts, read 550,077 times
I'd rather see them in shorts than some old lady dress or skirt.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:24 AM

169 posts, read 829,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S. Property View Post
I'd rather see them in shorts than some old lady dress or skirt.
Lol so long length equates to old lady? Nice...

Old 04-23-2014, 09:51 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
It goes in and out every few years. When I was in college, long skirts were in as well.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:59 PM

532 posts, read 550,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockrchick View Post
Lol so long length equates to old lady? Nice...
Yeah, when the 62 year old with a nice body still wears jean shorts. The 22 year old won't even show her ankles. It's depressing for men to see stuff like that. If we wanted gals to "cover it all up" we would stay in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Don't get me wrong here, some places of employment, schools, colleges and whatnot have strict dress codes. I'm not speaking of "that". I'm talking like you go out in the evening to "pick up" men or flirt. The gal showing off her curves and doesn't look like a prudy gets her man first every time. And don't ask how I know this. I see Amish women every single day. Most don't even have their hair done or out of a bonnet, let alone wear makeup or anything.

Mash tatties and fried chicken and noodles babe....chop chop! lol

Old 04-23-2014, 05:43 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.S. Property View Post
Yeah, when the 62 year old with a nice body still wears jean shorts. The 22 year old won't even show her ankles. It's depressing for men to see stuff like that. If we wanted gals to "cover it all up" we would stay in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Don't get me wrong here, some places of employment, schools, colleges and whatnot have strict dress codes. I'm not speaking of "that". I'm talking like you go out in the evening to "pick up" men or flirt. The gal showing off her curves and doesn't look like a prudy gets her man first every time. And don't ask how I know this. I see Amish women every single day. Most don't even have their hair done or out of a bonnet, let alone wear makeup or anything.

Mash tatties and fried chicken and noodles babe....chop chop! lol

If youre in an area where you see a bunch of prudish amish women and wish the lot of females would dress all seductively then you should probably move. Even then i highly doubt youll find any towns where the women are dressed in clubwear more than a couple hours a week.

Old 04-23-2014, 05:50 PM

686 posts, read 1,230,568 times
Havent seen the long skirts thing here in Los Angeles. Maybe its because its still pretty hot? Or, the long skirt is no where near as comfortable as the yoga pants which still rules on (and around) most college campuses. Im going on what I see on and near USC, UCLA, and Pepperdine and in the surrounding areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty