Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 10:00 PM

2,017 posts, read 3,189,476 times

Advertisements

I love reading everyone's experiences and suggestions! I'm 55 and look in my 40s. Most people are very surprised when they learn of my age. I think a lot of it is from genes. My dad and brothers look young for their ages too. My skin is dry and sensitive. When I was younger I tried a few high-end skin products like Shiseido, which I really liked but got tired of paying the price. So, I found CeraVe Hydrating cleansing lotion, Clinique's sensitive skin freshner, CeraVe PM lotion for night, and Cetaphil SPF 15 facial moisturizer for daytime use. I've been using Aquaphor for years under my eyes at night, and carry it also in my purse for dry lips. I just started using a cheap peel packet from the drugstore that I use once a week on my face. Also, drink lots of water throughout the day and try to keep my weight down ... though it's a battle. I don't think I'll ever give up on trying to look the best I can, but still looking natural and "appropriate" for my age, and within my budget.

Last edited by smpliving; 01-11-2013 at 10:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,641,443 times
Maca is good for your skin. It clears it up and makes it kinda transluscent. It's an adaptogenic herb and I hear people w/ acne take it, younger women/men, to clear up their skin. I don't take it for that, but it is a good effect.
I've avoided the Sun since my mid-20's, too and exercise, which probably both help. Smoking wrinkles your skin, too, a lot. I remember seeing pxs of smokers vs. non-smokers and it's quite significant.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:50 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,561,252 times
Impressive how many of us are using Oil of Olay...BRAVO! As long as your skin is damp and you put the Olay over it...it will do its work.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:16 PM

25 posts, read 31,016 times
Default Serious Skin Care

I may have missed a post, but I didn't see anyone recommend Serious Skin Care. I have been using it since I was 50 and people still think I am 10 years younger (I am now 58). I find many of her products have positive benefits for my skin as well as make me look younger. I am addicted! I am not one to fuss about my appearance, but I have found that a lot is 'forgiven' if my face is radiant.

You can only find it on HSN and her own website, Serious Skin Care. She has great deals certain times of the year (just had one this weekend) and that is when I usually buy and inbetween times, purchase it on Ebay.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 PM

10 posts, read 23,802 times
I began using a pore brush to exfoliate my skin several months back and I think it has helped my skin out a lot. For some reason my skin does not react well to Pro-x by Olay but my pore brush is very soft. I will try to get a link later if its allowed.

I use it with Neutrogena Naturals.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,926 times
Hello, i use Mary Kay and are the best, first i used Clinians, Chanel... but nothing likes Mary Kay. If you need some tips, i can help you.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,010,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Impressive how many of us are using Oil of Olay...BRAVO! As long as your skin is damp and you put the Olay over it...it will do its work.
My mother had the most youthful, radiant, wrinkle free skin up until she passed away at age 64 (10 years ago from breast cancer). Her skin routine was very simple. She only used Oil of Olay products and sunscreen.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:45 AM

466 posts, read 580,844 times
Quote:
Any suggestions for the best products out there for mature skin (60 y.o. skin)?
Normal skin and not quite dry yet, but need good products that fight crepe neck from coming and wrinkles from forming.
Am willing to spend the money IF the products are great and really do their job. Need a good neck cream and night cream especially. It's h*ll getting older, but I plan to fight it all the way to the grave!!!
I am very late 60s and started using Monsia Skincare which contains shea butter and this suits my skin. Great product and the day cream has the added advantage of having SPF15 BUT for me it is the intense night repair cream that is the jewel in the crown! I don't have deep wrinkles or furrows to worry about. Try to stay stress free and enjoy life as best you can, laugh a lot.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:46 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
IMHO ~ TAKE all that $$$$$ spent on cosmetics which don't work ~ and spend it on high quality natural (unprocessed) food ~ pure water ~ and organic soap

Stay out of the sun, except for a minimum absorption for Vitamin D

IMHO ~ If your skin is already messed up by years of abuse and eating the wrong foods, reversal won't be accomplished by cosmetic products.

I speak from experience; age 72 and nice skin, in spite of 30+ years living in s/Florida
This....although I do like to buy lotions and cosmetics, I can't depend on them to "fix" my face/skin, make wrinkles disappear, etc....IMO it has to come from the inside out. Whole, unprocessed foods, drinking water, moderate exercise, some sun exposure for Vitamin D benefits are indispensible. Supplement with beef gelatin powder in smoothies (it's tasteless) for that straight no chaser collagen boost, flax oil, moisturize with coconut oil before going to bed.....priceless. Keep a little weight on to fill out the face and provide some smoothness. I'm about 60 days away from being 50 and my goal is to look the best I can look for whatever age I am.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:58 AM

466 posts, read 580,844 times
Quote:
Any suggestions for the best products out there for mature skin (60 y.o. skin)?
Normal skin and not quite dry yet, but need good products that fight crepe neck from coming and wrinkles from forming.
Am willing to spend the money IF the products are great and really do their job. Need a good neck cream and night cream especially. It's h*ll getting older, but I plan to fight it all the way to the grave!!!
I am in my late 60s and use Monsia Skincare, love the shea butter content - suits my skin. Also bought some refined shea butter to use as hand & body cream. Works into the skin and is not at all greasy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty