U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 05:17 PM

733 posts, read 1,685,898 times

Advertisements

Leg-Lengthening Latest Plastic Surgery Fad

Opposing Views: VIDEO: Leg-Lengthening Latest Plastic Surgery Fad (http://www.opposingviews.com/articles/video-leg-lengthening-latest-plastic-surgery-fad-r-1248902734 - broken link)

Honestly, how far are people going to go with this stuff?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 05:55 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,479,490 times
Quote:
Honestly, how far are people going to go with this stuff?????
As far as they, the "doctors" (and I do use the term loosely) and patients, and technology, can push it.

Did you really see breast agumentation and face lifts as the end?

Please.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
As far as they, the "doctors" (and I do use the term loosely) and patients, and technology, can push it.

Did you really see breast agumentation and face lifts as the end?

Please.
well, there is tummy tucks, face lifts, all those face implants, butt implants, they even do muscular looking implants for men to *look* like they have muscles but don't..... but breaking BOTH your legs for height!!???

Thats even worse.....

pretty soon they will just be able to peel someone's face off, and put a whole new facial bone structure per special order in there.....

Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,479,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
pretty soon they will just be able to peel someone's face off, and put a whole new facial bone structure per special order in there.....
I know. And, yes, I do read too much science fiction!

Old 07-29-2009, 06:56 PM

15,540 posts, read 35,685,021 times
I saw this leg lengthening procedure on NatGeo Taboo. It's gross!!!

Old 07-29-2009, 07:29 PM

8,882 posts, read 13,863,945 times
How friggin crazy is that! I'm grateful to be 5'6" when my mom is 5" and my dad was 5'3". Nothing better a nice pair of sexy heels to make me even taller. Much less expensive.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I saw this leg lengthening procedure on NatGeo Taboo. It's gross!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
How friggin crazy is that! I'm grateful to be 5'6" when my mom is 5" and my dad was 5'3". Nothing better a nice pair of sexy heels to make me even taller. Much less expensive.
There are many examples in history of ways to "reform" the human body. Like the corsets and the deforming the ribs to make the waist smaller, Binding feet, neck stretching, etc.... It was more cultural it seemed.....

But the fact that they are doing this for no other reason than vanity is really sick. I mean, what sort of body image issues do you have to have to suffer thru 9 MONTHS of pain!

it's just wrong.....

Old 07-30-2009, 06:41 AM

3,446 posts, read 7,664,635 times
Wow, wait until that girl is older - I am sure she will have all sorts of problems with arthritis and bone pain - she will probably end up in a wheelchair.
Such low self esteem - it is sickening. The same thing for women who put fake plastic into their chest - disgusting.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:05 AM

5,117 posts, read 10,041,126 times
Two words

MENTAL ILLNESS!

forum rules, please read them

Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Wow, wait until that girl is older - I am sure she will have all sorts of problems with arthritis and bone pain - she will probably end up in a wheelchair.
Such low self esteem - it is sickening. The same thing for women who put fake plastic into their chest - disgusting.
you know I have to say something about that, it's one thing when someone has breast cancer and wants to reconstruct their breast, or if a person is in an accident and say reconstruct your face, fix a broken nose,. What about those born with a cleft lips, or some other part that was under developed or over developed?

I event think that people who have no chest, or maybe have a crooked nose and have plastic surgery to fix it isn't as bad as this. This seems even worse than breast implants, or tummy tucks, or nose jobs.

I don't know why, but it just does.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty