U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:28 PM

268 posts, read 704,063 times

Advertisements

I know a really beautiful and intelligent woman that is into the huge hole in the ear lobes and lip rings. I just don't get it. What does it mean when someone is into a lot of iron on the face that really doesn't need it. Are they starved for attention or what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:07 PM

5,748 posts, read 10,453,413 times
Never understood the appeal either.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:20 PM

3,065 posts, read 5,218,479 times
It's a way to piss off the parents, mostly. You can easily see who has had an eyebrow piercing because there's always a scar.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:33 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,971,704 times
It's just adornment...

Old 08-12-2009, 07:46 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,854,162 times
I don't get the facial piercing thing... it looks painful, and in my opinion it looks bad. I'm not sure of the names, but the labrets, marilyns, lips, eyebrows.... I find that very unappealing and it bothers me to see them. I know I may be judgemental, I'm sorry. Noses errr.... that can look alright, but really for me.

The ears thing, well mine are pierced, but just one in each and that is OK by me. I guess 2 sets would be OK, I am just in no mood to ever do that.

What bothers me, and Ive noticed it on some teenage boys is the ones that have the gigantic hollow things in their ears. I don't know what they are called, but that is really offputting to see. I have to wonder if there is the slightest possibility those gaping holes in their earlobes would ever grow back. I end to doubt it.

Another thing that really bothers me is seeing pierced tongues.... I'm sorry, that is just gross.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:56 PM

6,262 posts, read 16,882,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick1972 View Post
I don't get the facial piercing thing... it looks painful, and in my opinion it looks bad. I'm not sure of the names, but the labrets, marilyns, lips, eyebrows.... I find that very unappealing and it bothers me to see them. I know I may be judgemental, I'm sorry. Noses errr.... that can look alright, but really for me.

The ears thing, well mine are pierced, but just one in each and that is OK by me. I guess 2 sets would be OK, I am just in no mood to ever do that.

What bothers me, and Ive noticed it on some teenage boys is the ones that have the gigantic hollow things in their ears. I don't know what they are called, but that is really offputting to see. I have to wonder if there is the slightest possibility those gaping holes in their earlobes would ever grow back. I end to doubt it.

Another thing that really bothers me is seeing pierced tongues.... I'm sorry, that is just gross.
ugh ugh ugh......tatoos and all that piercings make me nauseated. I rarely eat out but if I do and someone sitting near me has all that metal coming out of their faces; I for real feel like throwing up.
And, yea, what is that thing people put in their ears that is or makes it look as if they have a big HOLE in the ear?? OMG-disgusting

Old 08-12-2009, 09:01 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,312,583 times
Some of it is for attention, some of it is to tick off the parentals, some of it is just for adornment and some people just like getting piercing/tattoos. It doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Personally, I don't really get the whole "flesh tunnels" thing, AKA the giant gaping holes or the over-piercing, but I do have my ear and lip pierced and see no problem with it.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:58 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,971,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
ugh ugh ugh......tatoos and all that piercings make me nauseated. I rarely eat out but if I do and someone sitting near me has all that metal coming out of their faces; I for real feel like throwing up.And, yea, what is that thing people put in their ears that is or makes it look as if they have a big HOLE in the ear?? OMG-disgusting
Oh, c'mon now...put some blinders on. I may not personally appreciate certain practices but vomiting is uncalled for.

It's called a GROMMET. The solid inserts are PLUGS.

This is an amusing thread.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:06 AM

12,993 posts, read 17,430,398 times
well I once had a boss tell me he would have hired the kid but when he was told to remove the face jewelry he would not even consider it . I cant believe these kids wont think about getting a decent job in a respectable environment unless they can have this face jewelry . It is getting to the point of ridiculous . I think it looks really bad as well and I want so bad to walk up to these kids and say do you want a decent job in a decent place ? if so remove the face jewelry because no decent place to work will hire you with that crap in your face .

Old 08-13-2009, 07:13 AM

2,638 posts, read 10,409,935 times
I find it really amusing how people will be so judgemental about piercings that they don't have, but their own piercings (yes, ear piercings are still piercings) are just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty