U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Breast Tattoos.......Yah or Nah?
Yes Ron, give me "tit tats" any day! 6 8.11%
No Ron, "tit tats" are not cool! 53 71.62%
Ron, did you get rejected or something? 5 6.76%
Ron, stop with this dumb poll, now! 10 13.51%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:45 PM

815 posts, read 2,091,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't necessarily agree with the 'they put them there so people will look'. Maybe some women do, but it's a VERY painful area to get tattooed and not many women will go through it just so they can get people to look at their chest. Trust me, it doesn't take a tattoo for people to look at a ladies chest
Well ok some have tats put there for ppl to look at such as the one with the creepy eyes..lol
I am not so sure it is that painful on the chest for women.. I know a few that has chest tats and they say that was the least area to hurt.. for men on the other hand can be painful.. my husband has a full chest piece and the middle section of his chest was a bit painful.
And pain varies between ppl.. where it might hurt on one person may not hurt on someone else. I also believe if the tattoo is done right and not to dramatic it can be considered good art work.. the ones I posted I dont see good artwork on them. Funny thing is the ones who really don't like tattoos on women.. might of had a great..etc... grandmother with tattoos. Women have been getting tattoos for thousands of years..Earliest evidence of tattoos on actual bodies, the earliest known were for a long time Egyptian and were present on several female mummies dated to c. 2000 B.C. Most of what they found on mummies are largely dotted patterns of lines and diamond patterns, while figurines sometimes feature more naturalistic images. The tattoos occasionally found in tomb scenes and on small female figurines which form part of cosmetic items also have small figures of the dwarf god Bes on the thigh area.

(The tattooed right hand of a Chiribaya mummy is displayed at El Algarrobal Museum, near the port of Ilo in southern Peru. The Chiribaya were farmers who lived from A.D. 900 to 1350) As you can see once marked it is forever.
Attached Thumbnails
Poll: Do you like tattoos on her clevage?-tattoo_hand.jpg  

Last edited by wolfeyes; 08-26-2009 at 08:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 PM

55 posts, read 116,103 times
I'm a female and I have one tattoo. It's rather small and tasteful, all in black ink...no color, right below my left shoulder blade and is very easily concealed. I don't regret it, but one tattoo is enough for me. I find visible tattoos on women tacky (especially things like roses and fairies). I had a female co-worker in the past who had a half sleeve and plenty of other tattoos on her back as well as her wrist and always had to stay covered up with long-sleeves, even when it was close to 100 degrees outside with high humidity. I just don't see the point, though to each their own, and there are a few men who like that.

There's also the fact that I'm straight, so I'd rather not have my eyes drawn to another woman's breast(s) because she has visible tattoos there that are impossible not to notice.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:49 PM

25,100 posts, read 24,518,421 times
I have no problems with Tats on a womans breasts.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,740,649 times
I dislike tattoos period. For a woman to have one there to expose to the world.... just plain ick.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:40 AM

19,127 posts, read 15,149,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reachforthestars View Post
I'm a female and I have one tattoo. It's rather small and tasteful, all in black ink...no color, right below my left shoulder blade and is very easily concealed. I don't regret it, but one tattoo is enough for me. I find visible tattoos on women tacky (especially things like roses and fairies). I had a female co-worker in the past who had a half sleeve and plenty of other tattoos on her back as well as her wrist and always had to stay covered up with long-sleeves, even when it was close to 100 degrees outside with high humidity. I just don't see the point, though to each their own, and there are a few men who like that.

There's also the fact that I'm straight, so I'd rather not have my eyes drawn to another woman's breast(s) because she has visible tattoos there that are impossible not to notice.
I have a full sleeve and sometimes I'm required to wear long sleeves to cover them up, even in hot weather. I cannot speak for your ex coworker, but for me my tattoos are a big part of who I am, they tell a story and basically (to me, others probably wouldn't know) timestamp a part in my life. I don't mind covering them up when necessary.

I'm planning on getting a new one on the inside of my right arm in the next few months due to a medication shortage for my disorder. I will be going without treatment until November (or possibly later). My body doesn't make a particular enzyme and the next few months is not going to be fun for me without getting my enzyme replacement therapy. So, like the awesome person I am, I'm getting a 3d image of the enzyme I'm missing tattooed on my arm
My doctor thought it was pretty clever... Now, I'll have the enzyme permanently so no more worries

Old 08-27-2009, 12:19 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,922,830 times
Only people as good looking as Angelina Jolie should have tattoos all over - people that are so beautiful you cant mess them up -

Old 08-27-2009, 01:19 PM

2,551 posts, read 1,621,986 times
To me, it's quite trashy. Like a tattoo on a girls lower back is too (because it will be ugly when she gets older and her waist line is a little bigger too!). Here in Arizona they are called "Tramp Stamps".

Old 08-27-2009, 01:21 PM

2,551 posts, read 1,621,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have a full sleeve and sometimes I'm required to wear long sleeves to cover them up, even in hot weather. I cannot speak for your ex coworker, but for me my tattoos are a big part of who I am, they tell a story and basically (to me, others probably wouldn't know) timestamp a part in my life. I don't mind covering them up when necessary.

I'm planning on getting a new one on the inside of my right arm in the next few months due to a medication shortage for my disorder. I will be going without treatment until November (or possibly later). My body doesn't make a particular enzyme and the next few months is not going to be fun for me without getting my enzyme replacement therapy. So, like the awesome person I am, I'm getting a 3d image of the enzyme I'm missing tattooed on my arm
My doctor thought it was pretty clever... Now, I'll have the enzyme permanently so no more worries

Things like that is an okay reason to get a tattoo. I don't see nothing wrong with that (as long as it means something about your life and what you are going through).

Old 08-27-2009, 01:44 PM

19,127 posts, read 15,149,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
Things like that is an okay reason to get a tattoo. I don't see nothing wrong with that (as long as it means something about your life and what you are going through).
Almost everyone has a good story behind their tattoos. My aunt has a fairy tattooed on her back to mark her divorce from my abusive uncle. Some people may see fairies as cliche, but to her it represents femininity and freedom from oppression.

If you stop someone and ask what their tattoo means (and some won't tell, it can be very personal) I think you'd be surprised what meaning is behind some of the most mundane tattoos.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:28 PM

815 posts, read 2,091,792 times
LinaJo76- I must disagree with you about tattoos being trashy..Tattoos could symbolize something in a persons life. I think most people don't understand why people get tattoos and this is why those people think they are trashy. (This doe Not include gang tattoos or people who think they are artist when they have no clue how to draw.)
Not all tattoos sag with age, you just need to stay in shape and take care of them Example of a woman in her 60's below.. looks like she takes care of her body and I don't see any sagging. her whole body is covered

Each and everyone of my tattoos have a meaning to them. One is my children..I have on my leg my girls baby feet prints with their names under the feet. The other is a memorialized tattoo for a good friend of ours daughter..she past away Jan 5, 2009 of a brain tumor Corbin was only 8 years old. My daughter and Corbin were best friends.The tattoo is the brain cancer ribbon around a heart with Corbin's name and dod and it is all intertwined in an ivy vine.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty