Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 10:48 AM
cbz cbz started this thread

22 posts, read 115,461 times

Advertisements

Okay, I realize that creams will not take the wrinkles away - but I do believe some are better than others at minimizing them. I've done lots of online research; tried Meaningful Beauty; Dermavu; and Skinlastic and they were okay but I'm still search - any suggestions are welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 11:43 PM

182 posts, read 647,081 times
Retin-A. You will need a prescription though.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:21 PM

865 posts, read 2,431,128 times
There are products that are over the counter, that have retinol in them, and that work quite well, although they may not be as strong as Rx products.

The one I use that has worked best for me is "Retinol Correxion, Deep Wrinkle Night Cream" by ROC. I did some reading on various products, and this one seemed to have more positive reviews than any. After several wks of use, I can see a difference in the texture of my skin. I use it on my hands too, and they look more youthful. (I'm 44, btw).

Old 08-29-2009, 06:08 PM

291 posts, read 1,074,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindblownHair View Post
Retin-A. You will need a prescription though.
Seconded. Also, copper peptides, AHAs, and Vitamin C all have proven benefits for the skin. You might want to check out makeupalley.com, or essentialdayspa.com (the forums). There is a lot of great advice on both those websites, and someone can surely point you to a protocol based on your skintype and your specific concerns.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:21 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
I used to use Neova Night Therapy(copper peptides), but saw no difference is wrinkles (although I did like its consistency, so I used it as a daily moisturizer under my makeup.)

I've been using RoC daily moisturizer (mostly because it offers an SPF of 20+) and retin-A at night (derm prescriped.) I've seen a difference.

My mother-in-law started using RoC daily & night treatments and her skin is dramatically different!!!!! Very smooth!!! That's what inspired me to start using RoC in the morning.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:15 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,015,656 times
ROC has been recommended by a group of dermatologists. Highly recommended. I need to finish up what I'm using and then I'll try it - I'll let you all know how it works.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:37 AM

36,411 posts, read 16,020,348 times
I just started using Skin Perfection radiance moisture, organic, no fillers, A,C,E and Niacin. One pump and it covers my face and neck, plus they sent me samples of Luminous and Eyebright.
After spending hundreds on Philosphy, Dr. Denese, and other high priced, I did some research. This one ounce is 24.50.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:07 PM
cbz cbz started this thread

22 posts, read 115,461 times
Default Great Info on the Creams - thanks

Thanks everyone for your feedback - I'm now armed with some suggestions and will do a bit more research. I just rec'd an eye serum, elite eye serum that supposedly is supported by years of research and reported by consumers to have great results on reducing the appearance of lines, whitening the under eye area and reducing puffiness - I'll let you know how it works!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:39 PM

3 posts, read 8,591 times
Here are two that work and are reasonably priced- Revitalift Deep Wrinkle Night Cream and Roc Eye. Go to Look Younger Now for more info. They have anecdotal and clinical evidence behind them!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Fan

65 posts, read 206,960 times
One of the best face creams I have used is :Forever Beautiful Plus after about a week you will see a HUGE difference.

As a day time cream I use this: Daily Moisturizing Shield SPF 30 - $50.00 : Buy Professional Cosmetics Online it doesn't make my face feel heavy or sticky.

Kanebo also has really good skincare products (kind of expensive!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty