Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 08:43 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times

Advertisements

Forget sagging...skinny jeans need to be abolished unless it's a female.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 09:35 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
And I certainly agree that some of the low-rise stuff I see on women can be pathetic at best, and that marketing skanky stuff to little girls is just plain sad.
Just because someone can wear something does not mean that it is in their best interest to do so.
Today my husband and I went and got Pinkberry (a frozen yogurt chain) and the chick taking our order was rather plump...and had jeans that were very low and a bit too small for her size--about 3 inches of her butt-crack showed when she turned around.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:23 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Forget sagging...skinny jeans need to be abolished unless it's a female.
Nahhhh..... Men have been wearing skinny jeans ever since the things were invented. The baggy fad didnt even start until like 1992. I say wear whatever...refuse to "fit in".

Old 09-09-2009, 07:21 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,020,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Nahhhh..... Men have been wearing skinny jeans ever since the things were invented. The baggy fad didnt even start until like 1992. I say wear whatever...refuse to "fit in".
Negative. You're confusing "Fitting" jeans with "Skinny" jeans.

Skinny jeans, like this, have got to be the most effeminate fad I've seen in my life.
Skinny Jeans On Guys « Fashion Feen

I know some of these younger chicks like that - but that's because they have no taste or imagination. Don't even get me started on the "sagging skinny jeans" fad. You can't tell me that doesn't look inappropriate in ANY space. Defeats the purpose of wearing jeans that are supposed to be tight and form fitting when you're just going to sag them anyway. And a LOT of these brats are doing this!

"skinny jeans." | MySpace Forums

These are "fitting" jeans. This is what has always historically been the trend for a tighter fit WITHOUT looking feminine. Note how they are not going out of their way to show off curves (a feminine trait, I'm sorry to say). Maybe not this specific style, but jeans with this kind of fit, I'm fine with.

Tommy Hilfiger Branson Heritage-Fit Jeans - Under $39.99 Jeans - Men's - Macy's

Old 09-09-2009, 07:37 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
I'm not a fan of the look, but I don't think anyone should be getting tickets for it either. Just another way for cities to rob more money from it's residents.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:19 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Stovepipe jeans were fashionable--in England, in the late 50's and 60's.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:56 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Negative. You're confusing "Fitting" jeans with "Skinny" jeans.

Skinny jeans, like this, have got to be the most effeminate fad I've seen in my life.
Skinny Jeans On Guys « Fashion Feen

I know some of these younger chicks like that - but that's because they have no taste or imagination. Don't even get me started on the "sagging skinny jeans" fad. You can't tell me that doesn't look inappropriate in ANY space. Defeats the purpose of wearing jeans that are supposed to be tight and form fitting when you're just going to sag them anyway. And a LOT of these brats are doing this!

"skinny jeans." | MySpace Forums

These are "fitting" jeans. This is what has always historically been the trend for a tighter fit WITHOUT looking feminine. Note how they are not going out of their way to show off curves (a feminine trait, I'm sorry to say). Maybe not this specific style, but jeans with this kind of fit, I'm fine with.

Tommy Hilfiger Branson Heritage-Fit Jeans - Under $39.99 Jeans - Men's - Macy's
Eh, if the guy has the right body, skinny jeans look great IMO. Of course, I spent a lot of time around musicians and it's pretty common with them, girls or guys. Saying that someone has 'no taste or imagination' because they happen to like a certain style of clothing is pretty tasteless, really.

As for baggy jeans, doesn't matter to me a bit. I don't hang out with people who 'sag' so I guess I just don't see it or notice it as much.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,678 times
I thought this was america? I guess if someone doesnt like something we can now make laws to fine people. Yeah thats really "American"

Like many have said its uncontitutional.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:15 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,147,130 times
So can we pass a law against women wearing shirts cut so low, I can see their areola? How about women wearing low rise jeans with thongs sticking out. Or how about 7 year old girls wearing short shorts with "Bite Me", "Tasty", or "Juicy" written on them.

Does it look ridiculous, yes. Does it offend me, no. I don't particularly like the idea of someone telling me what I can and can't wear, as long as it isn't offensive or dangerous.

One last note: not every male who sags is a loser or thug. In urban communities, it is as much a fashion statement as skinny jeans are. There are a significant number of college students at well respected universities sporting this look.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:24 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Yes,
@&& crack should be next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty