U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-19-2009, 11:26 AM

76 posts, read 136,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4U View Post
I don't think your legs are skinny. Neither are your arms. But what's with the face?
You DO need some sun! LOL!
LOL Guess I used a little too much suntan lotion. So do ya think those shoes work in the OP would look ok?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 11:26 AM

8,424 posts, read 23,806,424 times
Egh...I don't like those types of shoes at all. I think slip on vans look best with shorts:
Vans Classic Slip-On® Core Classics at Zappos.com

W/ short socks:
Wrightsock Coolmesh® Lo Double Layer 6-Pair Pack at Zappos.com (http://www.zappos.com/product/7180352/color/14 - broken link)

Sandals look stupid on guys...Tell her to stop the madness.

And iron your t-shirts dude!
(lazy dude method: throw t-shirt in dryer with damp clean washcloth for a tumble of a few minutes)

Old 09-19-2009, 12:04 PM

1,806 posts, read 3,672,645 times
Vans are cool, but no good in mud or on a mountain. That's why today I wear ugly shoes.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:28 PM

2,651 posts, read 7,103,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog77 View Post
I've always worn tennis shoes and boots with my shorts. My girlfriend has tried to convince me to wear flip flops but I wouldn't wear them. She bought me a pair of sport sandals for an upcoming trip we're taking but I cannot bring myself to wear them either. But I found these shoes online which are a half shoe/half sandal:

http://www.zappos.com/images/722/722...4-231881-p.jpg

They are breathable but also do not expose the toes so it might be a good compromise since she wants me in sandals and I've always worn regular shoes.
Just wondering what you all think. Would they look good with cargo shorts or too dorky?
Wow I really hate those...those....sandal/truck tire/tree stump thingies. Truly godawful. Even frightening.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:32 PM

149 posts, read 134,881 times
Quote:
I've always worn tennis shoes and boots with my shorts. My girlfriend has tried to convince me to wear flip flops but I wouldn't wear them. She bought me a pair of sport sandals for an upcoming trip we're taking but I cannot bring myself to wear them either. But I found these shoes online which are a half shoe/half sandal:

They are breathable but also do not expose the toes so it might be a good compromise since she wants me in sandals and I've always worn regular shoes.
Just wondering what you all think. Would they look good with cargo shorts or too dorky?
I like them!!! I don't like the other ones B4 showed. They would look great with cargo shorts, but no socks lol!

Old 09-19-2009, 01:43 PM

6,046 posts, read 7,101,379 times
Quote:

yikes! those are awful...sorry.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:53 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 11,119,447 times
Bulldog, how about boat shoes? My hubby hates sandals and he wears dock shoes, no socks with his cargo shorts. I think they look good. JMO

Old 09-19-2009, 01:57 PM
B4U

3,563 posts, read 3,997,143 times
I love dockers too. They go with long pant & shorts.

Best is bare feet though, I gotta say.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:28 PM

41 posts, read 70,095 times
Just wear the flip flops like your girlfriend suggests...she knows what you look best in. I had the same issue as you. I always wore shoes and socks and would never wear sandals. A girlfriend bought me some flip flops and I refused to wear them at first. She eventually convinced me to wear them. And guess what? I actually enjoy wearing them and wear them all the time in the summer.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:08 PM

7,250 posts, read 6,533,770 times
Those are hideous. They look like correction sandals. The ones in post #3 are much, much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty