U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,130,201 times

Advertisements

I have narrow heels, so that some shoes come off my feet when I walk. I've used those gel heel pads that go in the back of heels and they help some. I don't think they will work in my tennis shoes though, so I would like to find some really good socks that might help with the problem.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 06:45 PM

1,367 posts, read 4,789,109 times
I would suggest trying after-market insoles like Superfeet. They tend to make the heel fit a little tighter. If the shoes don't fit, socks really won't help the problem. However, the BEST socks are a good merino blend. I'm partial to Smartwool. They make them in everything from thin dress socks to super-thick hiking socks. They last forever, keep your feet dry and odor-free also.

If you have an REI or a local camping/outdoor shop they will have these brands. Also, these places may be able to fit you for better shoes.

Also, check out the link before for a different way of tying your laces. This can work WONDERS for hard-to-fit feet. Lacing this way basically locks the laces in place more, keeps the foot back in the shoe how it should be and is more sturdy. Try Method #1 on the site.

Ian's Shoelace Site - Lock Lacing

Old 09-24-2009, 07:22 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,130,201 times
Thanks for the tip about the superfeet. I will look for them. I already use the lock lacing method. I must really have a narrow heel....

Old 09-26-2009, 12:47 PM

15,257 posts, read 14,490,843 times
I have the same problem with the narrow heel and I think I've solved the problem, at last.

In cold weather I just wear wool clogs with the open heel and good socks. In summer I wear sandals. The problem comes with dressy shoes or with flats -- so far I've found a couple of brands that fit the narrow heel. If you are rich, maybe you can afford them. LOL

They are Ecco, Reiker, (and another brand that I can't think of right now) The wool clogs are Stegmann. (sp?) If you know your size you can get them on ebay--I can only afford the used ones but they're affordable and they don't slide off my heel. If you buy from a reputable ebay seller, you can get really nice clean used shoes. (I sort of sterilize them with bleach and set them in the sun too.)

Old 09-26-2009, 01:19 PM

8,416 posts, read 32,837,116 times
Try wearing "narrow" shoes. They do come in that. Have your feet measured at a real shoe store and they can tell you what brands to check out for your heel width or get you a pair of narrows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty