U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 01:03 PM

302 posts, read 959,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
Let me know!
Miami
Ink....

Accept No Subsitutes!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2007, 03:48 PM

3,020 posts, read 23,079,930 times
Default Basically the best place to get a tattoo is nowhere

Tattoos will soon be obselete. Everybody knows that. Once everybody has one, why would the next person want one? After all it is about being unique. Being able to shock, getting attention and making that ultimate personal statement. Plus it is painful, dangerous and time consuming.

I say skip the tattoo and go for the next wave. Jump a generation in attention getting and lead the pack. I predict tattooes will seem like yesterday's trash once this new wave of body decoration becomes the standard.

Yep, I am into metal working, I can weld, I got a good stock of wrought iron bars. I also got a lot of metal engraving tools. So, I am going to be a leader in the next generation. **** BRANDING ****

Yup, beat the crowd and be the first to get branded. I will make various sizes of X's first. Brand X has to be popular with the thinking folks.

Hey, horses and cattle have been doing a long time, they love it. Everybody depends on it. Don't hurt much and is over quick, even self sterilizing. With a little work I can make brands like type boxes where the details can be made up of small parts. Nothing like a sloping V or running W on your backsides.

So, I am considering opening up the first branding shop in the nation for those who really want to make a statement. No limitations, I will brand you anywhere and everywhere, soles of the feet to top of the head. Discounts if it goes over your existing tattoo. Out with the old, in with the new. On your ass, on your face, any part, any orientation. Plus this art form can have depth and with the right touch I can even give your creation a bit of pucker on the edges, good for putting in more metal. I can give you a weave pattern down there, or a cross hatch if preferred, can even leave your privates smoking if desired. Also have a ton of leather working tools I can heat and use for very creative motifs. Human skin is so smooth, the art potential is unlimited. Forget a tattoo, get into the new craze.

For the lucky first few I am considering discounts. Brands also age well. Old horses look good. Old tattoes can be branded over to give them new life, again anywhere, everywhere, learn to recycle. For those getting their names, if you bring some wood, I can also make you a name tag to put on your desk. Same price, quick and cheap out of the same heat.

If you think peeps love your tats, just think what they will do when you show up branded. I sure do love pushing iron, especially if it is red hot. First couple of babes I will do free just to smell that flesh in the morning.

So never ask where is best, ask what is best. Go for the ultimate, avoid the rush. This is the thinking Man's / Lady's style of decoration. Accept no subsitutes.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:48 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,995,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
Tattoos will soon be obselete. Everybody knows that. Once everybody has one, why would the next person want one? After all it is about being unique. Being able to shock, getting attention and making that ultimate personal statement. Plus it is painful, dangerous and time consuming.

I say skip the tattoo and go for the next wave. Jump a generation in attention getting and lead the pack. I predict tattooes will seem like yesterday's trash once this new wave of body decoration becomes the standard.

Yep, I am into metal working, I can weld, I got a good stock of wrought iron bars. I also got a lot of metal engraving tools. So, I am going to be a leader in the next generation. **** BRANDING ****

Yup, beat the crowd and be the first to get branded. I will make various sizes of X's first. Brand X has to be popular with the thinking folks.

Hey, horses and cattle have been doing a long time, they love it. Everybody depends on it. Don't hurt much and is over quick, even self sterilizing. With a little work I can make brands like type boxes where the details can be made up of small parts. Nothing like a sloping V or running W on your backsides.

So, I am considering opening up the first branding shop in the nation for those who really want to make a statement. No limitations, I will brand you anywhere and everywhere, soles of the feet to top of the head. Discounts if it goes over your existing tattoo. Out with the old, in with the new. On your ass, on your face, any part, any orientation. Plus this art form can have depth and with the right touch I can even give your creation a bit of pucker on the edges, good for putting in more metal. I can give you a weave pattern down there, or a cross hatch if preferred, can even leave your privates smoking if desired. Also have a ton of leather working tools I can heat and use for very creative motifs. Human skin is so smooth, the art potential is unlimited. Forget a tattoo, get into the new craze.

For the lucky first few I am considering discounts. Brands also age well. Old horses look good. Old tattoes can be branded over to give them new life, again anywhere, everywhere, learn to recycle. For those getting their names, if you bring some wood, I can also make you a name tag to put on your desk. Same price, quick and cheap out of the same heat.

If you think peeps love your tats, just think what they will do when you show up branded. I sure do love pushing iron, especially if it is red hot. First couple of babes I will do free just to smell that flesh in the morning.

So never ask where is best, ask what is best. Go for the ultimate, avoid the rush. This is the thinking Man's / Lady's style of decoration. Accept no subsitutes.
Cosmic...branding has been part of the subculture for many years already.

Yes, I have one. It's almost 10 years old. Remember that Steve Haworth guy I mentioned?

The 'pain' of a tattoo is not a deterant to me- - I find the sensation annoying but not overwhelming...but the nasty smell of burning human flesh as it is vaporized followed by an agonizing healing time is something I can do without ever experiencing again. Been there, done that.

http://www.stevehaworth.com/wordpress/steve-haworth-portfolio/branding-images/ (broken link)

Old 05-10-2007, 03:26 AM

569 posts, read 1,119,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
Would you say tattoo-bearers as a group (not just you individually) are more or less likely than the general population to:
Smoke - unfortunately
Have good credit - outstanding
Have a college degree - didn't need one for my profession
Play a musical instrument - nope
Get a divorce - never married
Own a home - yes, two in fact
Watch Oprah - uh, NO
Go to church - sometimes
Vote - yes, in every election
Take recreational drugs - NO
Earn a six-figure salary - yes, even without the decimal point
Participate in sports - yes
Have high cholesterol - no
Listen to Barry Manilow -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samohtal View Post
For instance - I own and drive a motorcycle. You could easily substitute "driving a motorcycle" into the random list I showed above and come up with an equally compelling demographic profile.
I too ride a motorcycle. I would probably also fit into your "equally compelling demographic profile." This is because I am a "biker" and a member of a "motorcycle club." The general public would probably think that I'm a "dirt bag" when I'm on my bike, which is fine, because I don't care. What they don't know is that I'm a member of a Law Enforcement MC and that 8 of my 11 tattoos are related to friends and fellow LEO's that have been killed in the line of duty.

As far as the OP is concerned, I could recommend numerous tattoo parlors in VA, IN, NY, WI, etc. that do excellent work. Unfortunately, I do not know of any in Charlotte, where the OP appears to be located.

Samohtal - remember to keep the shiny side up!

Peace!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:58 PM

618 posts, read 1,466,688 times
Quote:
Let me know!

I plan on getting two tattoos on the inside of my leg, near my ankle.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:29 AM

34,571 posts, read 42,741,316 times
On somebody else.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:40 PM

11,019 posts, read 18,111,374 times
Quote:
How funny tramp stamps are hot while tribal bands on guys are not.
Sounds mixed up.
IMO,the are not hot,tattoos are not hot at all but specially those.A woman's body is a natural work of art,specially a light bulb ,coke bottle what ever you want to call it figuire and a tat on the back distacts from it.I'm sorry,this is just my own personal dislike,I know that other guys might like it and people are free to do what they want.I'm just expressing my opinion.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,588 times
I don't particularly like to see everyone with a tattoo either but I do enjoy seeing the ones that are beautifully done that have a significant meaning.
I am having one done for certain struggle but it will be tasteful and only visible when I want it to be.
As for the piercings, I don't agree with the restaraunts that allow the servers to display so many.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:14 PM

11,836 posts, read 24,972,829 times
Immortal Images on Monroe Rd has some great artists. They've done most of my work.

Old 05-11-2008, 07:23 PM

6,571 posts, read 17,958,369 times
Just like my old girlfriend years back, a butterfly just below the PANTY line. The Japanese have a saying that a Butterfly goes from one place to another such as some girls go from one man to another man. TERM "Butterfly Girl". Steve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty