Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 07:13 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,260,210 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Is Your Makeup Toxic? Be Inspired By Wellness 2

great video with a simple 12 ing list to try to avoid.

I went anti-makeup for awhile but back into it these past years.
My goal for 2010 is to be all natural. Its a lot easier to find stuff than ever before. List your natural products you loved or hated and why.

I would say my favorite that blew me away was Juice Beauty's Blemish syrum. It is great for older skin too because it NEVER made my skin dry and raw like a lot of other products. (even tea tree is bit harsh in winter for me)

It also works great if you add a bit of it over your legs to prevent post shave breakouts. I just dilute a few drops (per leg) on wet hands and slather it on. Works well for that men's neck area post shave to prevent issues too. (like a "no bump" powder)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 07:15 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post

YouTube - Is Your Makeup Toxic? Be Inspired By Wellness 2

great video with a simple 12 ing list to try to avoid.

I went anti-makeup for awhile but back into it these past years.
My goal for 2010 is to be all natural. Its a lot easier to find stuff than ever before. List your natural products you loved or hated and why.

I would say my favorite that blew me away was Juice Beauty's Blemish syrum. It is great for older skin too because it NEVER made my skin dry and raw like a lot of other products. (even tea tree is bit harsh in winter for me)

It also works great if you add a bit of it over your legs to prevent post shave breakouts. I just dilute a few drops (per leg) on wet hands and slather it on. Works well for that men's neck area post shave to prevent issues too. (like a "no bump" powder)
Does it prevent ingrown hairs, or just bumps right after shaving?

Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 PM

The bumps are ingrowns too. If you get those a lot use some scrubby gloves on your legs too 2-3 times a week as well. It does prevent any ingrown I get from becoming a nasty red bump.

Other tips on that:
- fresh razor
- dont press the razor into the skin, let it glide
- shave in direction of growth

I don't know what it is about men's gillette razors but its the ONLY kind I can use. All others give me big problems.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:18 AM

985 posts, read 2,600,893 times
This is one of the reasons I stopped wearing makeup, I was worried about what I was absorbing into my skin. Call me paranoid, I don't care. Now I only use makeup for special occasions and I don't wear much. I use Everyday Minerals the most, they are pretty safe. For soap, shampoo, etc., I use Dr. Bronner's and for deodorant I use Thai Crystal Deodorant.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:16 PM

I just got a bar of that Dr.Bonners Tea tree...LOVE IT! It get so lathery. They just released a docu on him if you want to check it out (netflix carries it)

What versions of the Dr. B have you tried?

Just another product I like:

Its vegan and works really well for me. Petrol based lip balms always make me peel but not these. Petrol free!

Its worth getting a set to try a few different flavors:
Product Menu - All Natural & Vegan, Gourmet Flavored Lip Balms & Lip Colors by Crazy Rumors™ (http://crazyrumors.com/products.html - broken link)

Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,325,859 times
Thanks for the tip on Crazy Rumors. I'm going to go out this week and get one!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:31 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
This is one of the reasons I stopped wearing makeup, I was worried about what I was absorbing into my skin. Call me paranoid, I don't care. Now I only use makeup for special occasions and I don't wear much. I use Everyday Minerals the most, they are pretty safe. For soap, shampoo, etc., I use Dr. Bronner's and for deodorant I use Thai Crystal Deodorant.

I got worried about stuff being absorbed through my skin, too. I went out one day looking for 'natural' moisturizers and such, but I didn't feel like forking over big $$ for a tiny jar of skin cream. So I started using olive oil for a moisturizer. It takes some getting used to, naturally it feels greasy when you first put it on. I apply some, let it soak in for a while, then blot off the excess with a tissue. My skin has been looking so good since I started using olive oil, so I don't even bother with powder anymore--never could stand liquid makeup.

So now, other than Burt's Bees lipgloss and a relatively nontoxic sunscreen only when absolutely necessary, olive oil is the only thing I put on my skin.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:47 PM

Just another natural option to try for cheap mineral make-up:

Everyday Minerals - Everyday Naturals

They have kits to try to find your color. And you can order small sizes for 2.50 to toss in your purse or for thin wallet times. I have combo skin and think they work best with a primer.

Natural Primer I like:
Sephora: Tarte Clean Slate: Primer
Tarte Clean Slate

It makes any make-up you have look a lot better and stay on longer. Its clear, so any skin color can use it.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:19 AM

985 posts, read 2,600,893 times
I've also heard good things about Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup, jane iredale Mineral Makeup never tried them though. I'm thinking about trying their lipgloss, I've been looking for a lipgloss that goes on smooth and somewhat sheer, but itsn't super shiny like most are.

Ellise- I've tried using Olive Oil for a moisturizer and broke me out a bit, perhaps it's because I already have somewhat oily skin (T-zone). I've been using Aubrey Organics Moisturizer Aubrey Organics - Natural Hair Care, Natural Skin Care and Natural Body Care so far I like it.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:51 AM

What about natural face washes anyone? I am seeking a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty