U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 09:22 PM

830 posts, read 2,286,235 times

Advertisements

I'm so frustrated. For several years I've been looking and can never find a pair just right.

What do you do when your calf is too skinny so that all the boots you find gape at the top like wellies? You just don't get to wear them? Not fair!

Anyone know where to get a reasonably priced pair that'll look decent on a girl with really skinny calves?

I don't think I can wear them over jeans as the solution because jeans with skinny enough legs to fit nicely into the boot would look silly on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 10:00 PM

1,367 posts, read 4,976,740 times
If you get a good-quality leather pair, you could probably take them to a reputable shoe repair/leather shop and get them taken in. This would probably be easier on pull-on ones without zippers.

I'd call some shoe repair shops to see what they could do before buying them, or at least keep your receipt. They really can work wonders though! Good luck!

Old 10-04-2009, 11:20 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,352,672 times
A long time ago I had these ones that were microfiber that zipped up the back that fit. Another pair was some of my mother's from the 70's that zipped from ankle to knee.

Boots are going to be expensive.

These are obviously a little pricey but look for these types of lines:
Robert Clergerie Passac at Zappos.com

See the part:
"•13.00" circumference."

Measure your calf around the widest part. They state the size the measure for (7)

Ooh a 12 incher!:
Stuart Weitzman Halftime at Zappos.com

Old 10-04-2009, 11:23 AM

13,445 posts, read 24,230,718 times
I've found more expensive boots have smaller calves. Check the real designer boots.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:54 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,940,624 times
I agree - go more expensive, and get real leather that is stiff. Real leather often starts tight, since it will stretch to conform to your foot/ankle/leg.

You might also consider some that lace up so they can be tightened.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:04 AM

2,956 posts, read 11,050,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFK->CDG View Post
Christian Louboutin? YSL? Anything from a high-end European label will obviously be cut slimmer than anything American.
^^^
It's true. I have big feet and yet I'm a small person and I've always found that American market boots in large sizes are huge in the ankle and calf. Not so for European boots. They fit me perfectly. None of that wallowing in the boot like an oversized galosh. European boots are cut slimmer through the leg.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:26 AM

8 posts, read 33,509 times
People always want to look beautiful and attractive. So they look for new fashion and latest style for their clothes and other things. Tall boot is really looking beautiful for skinny legs.

Old 10-05-2009, 06:49 PM

830 posts, read 2,286,235 times
Thanks for the advice, everyone. Soon after posting, I did find an English company online that lets you order by calf circumference. What a concept! You'd think that'd be more common given that calf circumference is probably nearly as variable as shoe size.

Now I've just got to figure out if I really want them bad enough to spend the moolah. I hate paying 20 pounds for shipping. I'll check out the other suggestions too.

I think it'd be hard to take them to a shoe repair place. I'd probably have to drive several hours for something like that. We don't got those kindsa things around here.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:19 PM

8,140 posts, read 12,522,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
A long time ago I had these ones that were microfiber that zipped up the back that fit. Another pair was some of my mother's from the 70's that zipped from ankle to knee.

Boots are going to be expensive.

These are obviously a little pricey but look for these types of lines:
Robert Clergerie Passac at Zappos.com

See the part:
"13.00" circumference."

Measure your calf around the widest part. They state the size the measure for (7)

Ooh a 12 incher!:
Stuart Weitzman Halftime at Zappos.com
I know you were trying to be helpful, but I'm sorry, IMO, those boots are hideous!

Old 10-09-2009, 06:58 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,352,672 times
I don't think the target market for those designs are in the dawg section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or