Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:25 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,665,741 times

Advertisements

Helen Mirren is the hotness! Love her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 03:53 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,262,748 times
Kate Winslet also gets microcurrent facials with Tracie Martyn:
Tracie Martyn - Kate Winslet - Pre-photo shoot facial

Kate Winslet is 35

The Nuface got good reviews on MUA--
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...?ItemID=127642

I have given NuFACE treatments to many, many women of all ages and skin types. There is always a result with just one treatment (and lasts 2-3 days). Skin is immediately and visibly smoother and more firm, cheekbones and jawline are sculpted, and brows are lifted. People continually tell me their skin looks even tighter the next day because NuFACE accelerates your natural production of collagen, elastin and muscle protein which continues to improve post-treatment...

I still like the Tua Viso better but I've really gotten my money's worth out of it!

Old 03-04-2011, 04:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,330,679 times
Just out of curiousity lemonlime - how much money do you spend per month on all these beauty treatments? And how much time? I am truly curious.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Just out of curiousity lemonlime - how much money do you spend per month on all these beauty treatments? And how much time? I am truly curious.
When the crapstorm started which was about 2 years ago I bought the Nuface for $285. I've bought 4 other gadgets-- 2 other microcurrent devices, a Clarisonic and an LED device-- for $700+ I have Retin-a, Rhassoul soap, copper peptides, a few oils, peels--- about $250+. I've invested a little over $1200 in anti aging products in the last 2 years. That is not that much when you think of the exorbitant amount of money some people spend on their appearance; I feel like I have found the best deals in anti aging.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:24 PM

Well..I don't know what "crapstorm" you've encountered....From what I can gather, I've got 10 years on you. My skincare investment has been whatever the price of 30 years of Oil of Olay costs. Never have encountered a "crapstorm" - my skin looks good. I've dabbled with a few of their other products from time to time (serum, night creme..whatever), a couple pair of good sunglasses and some hats. I did get a facial once.

If that is what makes you happy -good for you. Personally, I'd rather be doing something with that money and time but to each their own.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:37 PM

Times have changed.... The workplace, social dynamics, etc. The bottom line is, I'm happy. Everyone ages differently and I'm happier about my skin than I was 5 years ago....... I read posts to the effect "I'm 37-43 and my skin looks like crap, what do I do now" on any number of boards every week for the last year.....

Quote:
Well..I don't know what "crapstorm" you've encountered....From what I can gather, I've got 10 years on you. My skincare investment has been whatever the price of 30 years of Oil of Olay costs. Never have encountered a "crapstorm" - my skin looks good. I've dabbled with a few of their other products from time to time (serum, night creme..whatever), a couple pair of good sunglasses and some hats. I did get a facial once.

If that is what makes you happy -good for you. Personally, I'd rather be doing something with that money and time but to each their own.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Times have changed.... The workplace, social dynamics, etc. The bottom line is, I'm happy. Everyone ages differently and I'm happier about my skin than I was 5 years ago....... I read posts to the effect "I'm 37-43 and my skin looks like crap, what do I do now" on any number of boards every week for the last year.....
I'm glad you're happy and have found something that seems to be working. My issue is that you seem to assume that those who have a less extensive/expensive regime than you, must have poor habits and look like crap. I'd like to state, for the record....we don't.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:37 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,627,920 times
lemon, I'd like to see a picture of you alongside your age, and perhaps a picture of you before you went whole hog into devices and chemicals. Advertisements are photoshopped and filled with lighting tricks. If what you are doing is really working, I am sure I am not alone in wanted to know about it. So let's see what you look like. You may just get a following of disciples as a result.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:30 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,985,292 times
Quote:
I'm glad you're happy and have found something that seems to be working. My issue is that you seem to assume that those who have a less extensive/expensive regime than you, must have poor habits and look like crap. I'd like to state, for the record....we don't.
Correctamundo, maciesmom.

Plus, personally speaking, I'm very confident with my looks. I look in the mirror and see my parents. And my grandmother's cheek bones. The scars I have show I survived some bad things that happened to me. My DH still pats me on the butt and holds my hand after 30+ years of marriage. I've had my own "look" since I was in my 20's. (My friends see something and call and say, "It's you!" I take that as a compliment.)

My skin is in wonderful condition because of Oil of Olay and DNA. I'm happy. (Well, that's the key right there. I'm happy. When you're happy, it shows. )

Old 03-05-2011, 06:38 PM

My system was developed based on threads I read on a forum called Essential Day Spa. You can read that board for dozens of ideas on how to improve your skin.
I bought my Tua Viso from a lady named Nancy who has a website called NCNproskincare.com. Nancy is an example of natural, effective anti aging techniques for sure....
The UK representative for Tua Viso, Tina Richards, also has an information packed website....I don't look 25, but good or better for 40......I got started late & have gone an aggressive DIY route....but no, I don't look surgically enhanced like Demi Moore.....and regret not using Retin-a in my 30s-----that would have prevented a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
lemon, I'd like to see a picture of you alongside your age, and perhaps a picture of you before you went whole hog into devices and chemicals. Advertisements are photoshopped and filled with lighting tricks. If what you are doing is really working, I am sure I am not alone in wanted to know about it. So let's see what you look like. You may just get a following of disciples as a result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty