Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:41 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,896 times

Advertisements

Maybe they would be satisfied with models who walk down catwalks attached to an IV.
It's all BS , anyway , leading to a society that prides itself on those who look 'sexy' but when queried of their names , have to think.

Last edited by etacarinae; 10-15-2009 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: additional information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 08:36 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
I'm 5'11 and 132 lbs..if she's fat, I'm fat, and I'm not fat. LOL.

They didn't say she was fat tho...they said she couldn't fit into the samples anymore, which may or may not be true. I think it was more likely an excuse because they wanted another teen to model womens clothing.

As far as the 180 lb chick, a BMI of 25 is considered overweight, it is borderline, but like most tall girls she looks like she carries her weight in her middle which is the most unhealthy place even tho it's easier to hide than a big butt and thighs. Her actual BMI could very well be higher than 25 because of that.

I don't think she looks terrible or anything, but belly fat is dangerous and she could probably stand to lose a few for her health, if nothing else.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:56 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjuel View Post
On a more positive note, did you see this article? I love it!

180-lb. model’s nude photo rocks fashion world - TODAY Fashion & Beauty
She's 10 times as gorgeous as that size 4 scarecrow that got canned.

I want to see what I will look like in the clothes being modeled, not what some bag o' bones looks like in them.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:41 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Well I am sure the bag of bones people feel the same way

Old 10-15-2009, 10:59 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I personally hate the second article. I think she looks terrible. There are plenty of girls out there that size that do not have that gut thing going on.
Wow, she looks "terrible"? That 180lb model's body is far from terrible. If she was 280lb, then maybe I would agree but that's just ridiculous. So what if she has a little bit of a belly - most women do. Obviously, someone in the modeling industry thinks she looks wonderful exactly how she is or else she wouldn't be in Glamour magazine. I think it's great that she's proving that you definitely don't have to be 100 pounds with a BMI of zero to be considered beautiful.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:40 AM

Glam is there to sell you product. You sell product to your target audience by making them drawn to your issue. Being that most women have something going on about weight and hating on it...That would make you buy the issue and see the adverts. It also hits on the "keeping it real" button that sells.

I do think her face looks a kabillion times better than the other girl. But that shot is just bad. I think how they shot Kate Winslet in Titanic was perfect. Like old paintings. No one looks good all hunkered down like that. Its a terrible shot that makes her look sloppier than she really is and flops out her gut. The thigh shot is not too great either. I would of liked it better if they did not use the "lets make her look sloppy as possible" poses. I actually did a test with that pic and laid it out on the coffeetable to see what guy's reactions were. They all looked and then made a unhappy face. The only one that did not was the one that has a thick girl as his chic. I never saw any guy make that face at Kate Winslet's body shot. I think she (kate) may have been even bigger too.

I never thought that RL model was attractive even in her early days. I don't care what her wt is..her face is just....strange looking to me.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:43 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
I know you are a tall lass...did you shot up or grow slowly? Just randomly curious as I wish I was that tall.

I've never met a tall girl who grew slowly. We all seemed to reach our maximum height by the time we were 13 or so. I certainly did. I was towering over my teachers in elementary school.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:46 AM

Lucky duck!

Old 10-15-2009, 11:56 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Lucky duck!
Aren't you tall?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:06 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,494,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
I saw this-she is a knockout and looks happy, for real-which is a welcome change from the lost look of emaciated models using every last molecule of their concentration trying not to faint from starvation.

This beautiful, real woman struck a cord with readers and it gives me hope that the media will turn in a different direction after this response. I want my daughter to know that thin is ok, but not the norm and by no means is having a healthy weight a fault.

Maybe, but I don't buy fashion mags to look at belly rolls. Models should be toned, at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty