U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 05:45 PM

25,964 posts, read 7,918,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
That Helen Miren looks good - but is rare that I see a 60 yr old look that good - heck - it is rare to see a 40 yr old look that good where I live -
I guess if you have the body for it - why not?
I was able to wear one for a brief time in my 20s - but then when you are 20 anything looks good on you - even if you are fat you have that beautiful bloom of youth that can never be replicated again - even with surgery....

Isn't it funny that "young" fat looks smooth and good and "old" fat doesn't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 06:33 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,851,867 times
Thats right - young fat looks much better than old fat! Just another sad fact of growing older

Old 10-29-2009, 06:44 PM

620 posts, read 922,264 times
lol Young fat vs old fat?

Old 10-29-2009, 07:05 PM

2,480 posts, read 2,981,516 times
Your all too funny!

I agree if you have the body regardless of the age-wear it. As many have said there are a lot of older people who look better in bikinis than younger people.

My thing is though, yes Helen Mirren looks phenomenal. Is this all on her own-or a personnel trainer, botox,lipo etc. Many of us do not have the advantages that she does.

With that being said if are graced with great genes go for it. If you are comfortable go with it.

For me,albeit I am not over weight but would not be comfortable in a bikini

Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 PM

562 posts, read 1,409,111 times
I think the more supportive bikinis look fine on seniors who are in decent shape. Helen Mirren loves great, I'll bet she never gave birth!

I also think where you live is a factor. If you live in CA or FLA, its less of a big deal than say, the Midwest where I live. The woman who posted here also looks great, I think just avoid wearing something really young or skimpy even if you have no flab. The worst were those slashed down to the belly and cut up to the waist numbers from the 80,s- a moderate bikini looks way better than those things did.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:54 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,509,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestemor View Post
Should 60-year old women who have very average figures (not fat but not well toned either) wear bikinis? Not the string bikini kind, but with modest coverage?
Why certainly..................it gives us "older men" something to look at and say (to ourselves) my, my!!

There's also an added bonus: Hypothetical Situation: ....................
"X" number of 60 yr old women on a given beach (or pool) lets say are kind enough to wear bikinis on a given day.

"x" number of other women--of various ages-- (wearing "non-bikini" type swim suits) in that same area see these "Bikini Babes" and say to them selves: "well if they can wear bikinis......I will too!! (OK, you can see where I'm going with this...........). So now we have begun a "Snow_Ball" effect!!

Result: A lot more women are getting a lot more sun tan on a lot more of their "beautiful bodies".

A lot more men have a lot more to smile about and say to them selves: My, My!!!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 05:26 PM

492 posts, read 743,119 times
Oh My God
do you know that you're as beautiful as you think you're beautiful.
young fat is better looking than old fat (let me laugh my behind off first)
back to the original poster, i am 34, very skinny (tried to fatten up for years, didn't work, i gave up, and i still love myself)
i would never wear a one piece bathing suit.
i only wear two pieces. not string just regular two piece.
why?
well first off i don't want weird colors in my body, by being covered up.
because i love how i look
because i think i look hot
because i could care less what others think
by the way, i have given birth to twins so yes stretch marks are a part of my beauty. no, i don't have big boobs or big behind.
but to me i am beautiful
so at 60 i am most likely be wearing a two piece bikini
at 70, oh well, yes, two piece bikini
when i go to the beach (FL, CA, NY) and i see older women wearing two piece, i smile. i know those are confident women. i love confident women.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:33 PM

2,518 posts, read 4,851,867 times
vlorak - you are lucky - very, very few people have been skinny all their lives

Old 10-30-2009, 06:57 PM

222 posts, read 243,105 times
You know what, if you are 60 and even thinking about wearing a modest bikini, then go for it !
Our world is too full of women who don't have real bodies anymore, fake this, fake that, lipo, models pictures so touched up they aren't real.. I personally am sick of media brainwashing and what women are SUPPOSE to look like !
Our bodies are different than men's bodies, our skin is different than men's skin, so yep we get cellulite, we get stretch marks, we get more wrinkles .... but girls, if it wasn't for us, there would be no beautiful babies in the world. Our bodies were created to give birth, we must accept that fact and that fact makes the majority of us, not perfect.
I for one have decided to grow old gracefully, I will take care of my body the best I can but no falseness for me whether it comes from a bottle or a doctors office. I am proud to be a real living women and I am almost 60 and I do wear a 2 piece bathing suit ! To me they are more comfortable and not as hot as a one piece.
We women need to take back our power... we need to show men that this is what real women look like and we are proud of ourselves.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:31 PM

4,116 posts, read 2,034,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestemor View Post
Should 60-year old women who have very average figures (not fat but not well toned either) wear bikinis? Not the string bikini kind, but with modest coverage?

No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty