Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 10:31 AM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

I bought 2 $300 bags in Paris last year. That is tops for me! Normally, around $100 is as much as I would pay, and $75 would be average.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:12 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
$3500 maybe $5000 if it's Hermes

Old 11-13-2009, 03:19 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
I've never been happy when buying used over the internet. For this reason I want buy used over the internet. I'm going to buy my Cole Haan straight from his site online.

I wouldn't pay more then 150.00 for a purse myself.
Have you bought your purse yet? Ihave a 20% off online coupon for Bloomingdales if you're interested!

Old 11-14-2009, 03:35 AM

737 posts, read 1,648,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Have you bought your purse yet? Ihave a 20% off online coupon for Bloomingdales if you're interested!
I have a coupon for Colehaan.com but it's not on sale yet and unsure if the coupon would even work with a sale item. Some do some don't. I'm going to keep an eye on the purse and wait for a sale.

I use to buy my son Nike shoes when he was in school because he was so rough on them like most boys are. That way I wasn't out buying shoes every 2 or 3 months. Sometimes it is better to pay alittle more for better quality.

Plus it seems to be easy enough to close. Which would help to stop a pickpocket seems to be a few acting like them here of late. Thinking they are smooth operators. They should be getting toothpicks instead and cleaning their teeth if you ask me.

Last edited by Starlady01; 11-14-2009 at 04:04 AM..

Old 11-14-2009, 11:10 AM

Prada now makes stuff in China can you believe that!!! Started in 05 wow. I just bought two woman's wallets for 4.00 at a yard sale and was saying what a nice imitation they were well of course they are nice imitations because they are made by Prada themselves. wow.

She wanted 3.00 a piece but I told her I would give her 4.00 for two and she said yes. She never said a word to tell me they were real ones and that Prada now made them in china the cheaper brands that is. Maybe she didn't know the history like myself she kept giving me this look maybe she did and was just being nice how sweet if so.

Both wallets were brand new even. What a bargain and I didn't even know I was getting one. aww

Old 11-14-2009, 11:38 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlady01 View Post
Prada now makes stuff in China can you believe that!!! Started in 05 wow. I just bought two woman's wallets for 4.00 at a yard sale and was saying what a nice imitation they were well of course they are nice imitations because they are made by Prada themselves. wow.

She wanted 3.00 a piece but I told her I would give her 4.00 for two and she said yes. She never said a word to tell me they were real ones and that Prada now made them in china the cheaper brands that is. Maybe she didn't know the history like myself she kept giving me this look maybe she did and was just being nice how sweet if so.

Both wallets were brand new even. What a bargain and I didn't even know I was getting one. aww
Some of the Prada Sport line is Made in China, but most of their stuff is not. Just because it says made in China doesn't mean it's real and if you got them for $2.00 apiece they are most likely fake.

If you want to know if they are authentic post pictures of them here:

Authenticate This Prada - Purse Forum

Old 11-14-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Some of the Prada Sport line is Made in China, but most of their stuff is not. Just because it says made in China doesn't mean it's real and if you got them for $2.00 apiece they are most likely fake.

I bought them at a yard sale this morning not sure if they are or not. Still nice tho. I will post later on when I get a chance ok. Hopefully I can get a good picture of them.

They look real. sorta of. If not I can't complain.

Thanks for the link

Old 11-14-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:

I think you are right as I get a good luck at it it's not the micro stuff I don't think it looks more plastic to me. I'm think just and imitations as I thought from the begin however nice to learn something new.
For 2.00 no complaints tho.

I'm not an expert on leather but I would say it's not leather any place. It doesn't have the look of leather.

She was not tring to deceive me I can say that for a fact. She had a purse up front a green one with a handle messed up and she never once said they were real. She as asking 4.00 which wouldn't indicate they were real. And it was a neighborhood yard sale so more inlike they are not real. But It is fun learning.

Last edited by Starlady01; 11-14-2009 at 01:50 PM..

Old 11-14-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't be caught dead carrying a fake. They are made using child labor and the money funds terrorist organizations in many cases.

I've only bought any of my high end purses at Department stores or boutiques because I wanted new ones, so I KNOW I'm not carrying a fake, but if there is a bag you want online post it on the appropriate board on The Purse Forum. They'll know if it's fake or not! I used to authenticate over on the Chanel board under the same name.

The one she had that looked messed up was more inlikey the real one. lol No one giving it a second look. Maybe.

Old 11-14-2009, 03:34 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,796,320 times
For the right purse up to 2K - for most I pay about $300-500.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty