Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:17 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times

Advertisements

Nobody has addressed my question of "aren't they hot??? don't they make your feet sweat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,328 times
Default ugg boots

Love em' they are so, so comfortable, so ugly and so not fashionable.
but i love em' and i'll wear them thru out winter!
Imagine:"imagine" an ugg boots , covered in small silver/diamond studs, with the Ugg logo at the back!
Omg!
I would get that immediately.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:51 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Nobody has addressed my question of "aren't they hot??? don't they make your feet sweat?
Yes, my feet do sweat in them. It's kinda annoying, as it caused the fur inside to flatten down. It's no longer fluffy on my feet when I put them on. I bought the UGG care kit, which includes a "sheepskin freshener" that supposedly keeps them fresh if you spray in the boot after each wear. I've done that the past few times I've worn them but I don't know how much good it does. Still keeps my feet warm, though.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:19 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,651 times
I like Uggs. In fact, I'm hoping that I've been a good girl and Santa will bring me this pair for Christmas.
Ugg*-*Crocheted Classic Boot*-*Neiman Marcus

Old 12-17-2009, 01:01 AM

Location: TX Hill Country-Helotes, Pipe Creek/Lake Hills & San Antonio, TX
844 posts, read 1,625,639 times
I've noticed the trend of the Ugg boot has really taken off. Especially the no name brand style that looks like the Ugg........ I've asked for a pair of authentic Uggs, hopefully, Santa will deliver.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:57 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,934 times
Default no need to stress about Uggs!

I've given this more thought lately and have concluded that Uggs are the generation Ys Vans/ generation X's Doc Martens. Seems like back in the day people did not make such a big deal about "youth trend" shoes; if you wore them, fine, if not, that was your choice. Vans have come back again in the last few years but are actually, like Uggs, a surf culture trend. Uggs are everywhere are most likely will be for years to come. I have my fake ones on now, really want to upgrade. When they go away, as they eventually will, that will be fine too.

VANS!!

http://www.ladiesuggs.com/ugg-classic-short-c-23.html (broken link)
Source of reasonably priced Uggs. Merry Christmas!

Last edited by lemon&lime; 12-19-2009 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: had to add the Uggs link

Old 12-19-2009, 11:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,549,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Nobody has addressed my question of "aren't they hot???
Yes, and that's the entire idea. I've battled severe anemia most of my life, and a byproduct of that is that I am ALWAYS freezing cold unless I take precautionary measures to not be. I wear this type of boot BECAUSE I want my feet to stay toasty warm...as long as my head, hands, and feet are toasty, I'm warm. If not, I'm freezing all over. I don't have a big problem with sweating, overall.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:09 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,894,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysFate View Post
I didn't like 'em either for a very long time. I still think they're hideous, but I recently moved to a state that actually gets seasons, and one of them is very cold winter. I'd see Ugg boots, or something similar to them everywhere, literally, EVERYWHERE. It was like everyone and their mother had at least two pairs. Anyway, a week ago I caved and bought myself a pair. No, I didn't get the actual Ugg boots
I'm seeing them on everyone here, too. I thought I was too old for them, being in my 40's, but women my age are also wearing them. Either Uggs, or other warm-looking boots. Last week I finally caved in and bought these from LLBean, and I can't wait to get them! They are taller than the typical Uggs, but can be folded down, although I doubt I will do that. We just got a foot of snow, so I can really use them now.

Wicked Good Shearling-Lined Boots, Traditional Tall: Snow at L.L.Bean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty