U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 05:33 PM

2,294 posts, read 5,461,508 times

Advertisements

Sorry to start a thread on this, I am aware they have been endlessly debated online the last few years. I have a grey pair that I almost put on today but didn't, due to the guilt that I "shouldn't" wear Uggs. I googled "flat boots winter 2009" and found this link:
10 Best Winter Boots | 10 Best | Marie Claire

Apparently Uggs made their ten best flat boots list. True, it is a UK site, but still.

How can this be? Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 03:48 AM

8,216 posts, read 12,800,785 times
A lot of people don't like Uggs. A lot of people do. Some of those people are in the fashion industry. That is how it can be. Wear what you want, stop trying to adhere to what other people tell you that you "should" or "shouldn't" wear.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:40 AM

4,502 posts, read 11,656,251 times
I say just wear what you like. I, personally, don't like Uggs and think they're ugly. However, my daughter LOVES them and I have no problem in buying them for her or her wearing them.

Be who you are and wear what you like. Don't worry about what others think!

Old 11-29-2009, 02:29 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,107,171 times
Yup, they are ugly, I own 2 pair & I love them. Sometimes when I want comfort & warm, snuggly feet, I don't really care about fashion & I don't really care what anyone else thinks..They are awesome for just slipping on to take out the dog, to pick up the kids or just run an errand.

Would I wear them out to dinner? Probably not...

Old 11-29-2009, 02:53 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,541,016 times
I love them for outside work, and occasionally to go out in, but only if they are UNDER the jeans, not over. Some boots look fine over jeans, but Uggs DO NOT.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 AM

7,269 posts, read 9,205,592 times
I have one pair, I like them, they aren't the hottest looking thing out there, but they are very comfy. I really do not care about the fact that they are made out of elephant's tail skin. If someone doesn't like it, no one invited them to look at my feet anyway, lol. I like what I like and that's that.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:00 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,319,158 times
They are not for me. They look SO stupid on me. These big huge puffy things on my big old feet with my legs sticking out and swimming in the lip of the boot. Its terrible. But everytime I see them I think of the snuggle teddy bear. You guys would of died if you saw this old granny checking them out on this young girl on the bus. It was when they first came out so it was not really that common to see.The granny was looking...and pausing..and looking some more. She looked like she was trying to figure out if she or the girl had lost her mind and someone wandered outside in their slippers or she completely was hallucinating. LOL

Old 11-30-2009, 09:33 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,325,522 times
Probably made the list because they're warm and comfortable. I've never worn a pair myself, so I don't know for sure, but I've heard from many how comfy and warm they are, even if they do look bad (IMO).

Old 12-01-2009, 05:44 AM

250 posts, read 804,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Sorry to start a thread on this, I am aware they have been endlessly debated online the last few years. I have a grey pair that I almost put on today but didn't, due to the guilt that I "shouldn't" wear Uggs. I googled "flat boots winter 2009" and found this link:
10 Best Winter Boots | 10 Best | Marie Claire

Apparently Uggs made their ten best flat boots list. True, it is a UK site, but still.

How can this be? Any thoughts?

no thoughts other than people wear what they like. I personally find them grungy, gross, frumpy and unattractive to anyone other than maybe teens (they could wear alot worse). To each their own.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:58 AM

429 posts, read 975,277 times
I have no beef with uggs.

what i HATE are girls in the south that will wear hoodies, and short shorts, in 40 degree weather and wear uggs. if you're that cold....WEAR SOME JEANS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty