Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2009, 02:42 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,695,875 times

Advertisements

I have a TON of necklaces that I store hanging up on hooks so they don't tangle. I'm looking for any other ways that are more organized. Any ideas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 02:47 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
I found a cork board that I can hang out of the way; either in a closet or on the bedroom wall, anywhere really. Then I bought those screw in type cup hangers. Screwed them into the cork and hang my necklaces on them.
Did that make sense?

Old 11-29-2009, 03:38 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,928,487 times
I have a little "tree" looking thing that I got from Ikea that I hang them on. It has several little "branches" that allow me to hang them separated so they don't tangle. I also have a smaller one for rings.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:34 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
I like jewlery bags that roll up. It keeps them cleaner and untangled. Real stuff I keep in the hard box it came in.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:09 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,884,206 times
I don't know. I have a jewelry box that has these little racks that I hang my necklaces on and they never get tangled.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:01 PM

36 posts, read 139,647 times
I have a closet with two handles on each door (it's like a sliding door kind of closet, where it's on a track and the doors open away from each other - I don't know how else to describe it - but it's not like two normal doors that you pull open) and i just hang my necklaces on the handles It's not super fancy or anything but it's easy and saves me the money I'd spend on buying anything else to store them in. However, almost everything that I own is fairly inexpensive costume jewelry. Anything that's delicate I just lay in my jewelry box. That's all of one or two necklaces though Although that necklace tree thing that thepinksquid mentioned sounds pretty cool

Old 12-14-2009, 01:08 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I like jewlery bags that roll up. It keeps them cleaner and untangled. Real stuff I keep in the hard box it came in.
PT, can I just ask where you got these from?

I've seen people with them and they seem like the perfect solution for travelling.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:50 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
You can find cheap ones at places like Kmart, walmart etc. But check dollar stores and goodwills. They sometimes have those there. If you want to keep your good stuff in them I suggest a bit of tissue or cloth from the craftstore so the necklace does not rub and scratch any polished parts that are large, softer golds and pearls.

Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,313,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I have a TON of necklaces that I store hanging up on hooks so they don't tangle. I'm looking for any other ways that are more organized. Any ideas???
I made a...thing. Went to the craft store and bought a piece of wood that had been routered along the edges. It's about 12 x 4, I guess. I sanded it, painted it, decoupaged a design on it, then drilled evenly-spaced holes and screwed in cabinet door pulls. The plaque hangs on the wall in my bedroom in one corner, and all my necklaces -- I have a TON of those beady/bulky costume jewelry necklaces, long and short -- hang on the door pulls.

I'm not a creative person. I got the idea because my local bead-store sells these things. But it was a crafty project to do last Thanksgiving while I was hanging out with my parents for a week and a half. It's been a real solution for me and has worked out great. I love it.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:00 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
You can find cheap ones at places like Kmart, walmart etc. But check dollar stores and goodwills. They sometimes have those there. If you want to keep your good stuff in them I suggest a bit of tissue or cloth from the craftstore so the necklace does not rub and scratch any polished parts that are large, softer golds and pearls.

Thanks PT, I'll keep an eye out next time I'm at the shops.

To answer the OP, I store necklaces in a variety of places. I have a small "cupboard" on my chest of drawers that has 6 small drawers in it and I keep some of the necklaces in there. I also have several round cane baskets with lids (they're in various sizes, stacked on top of each other) that look like they belong to a snake charmer and I keep a lot of special necklaces in their boxes in those. I also have a couple of sets of small drawers I keep inside my wardrobe for costume jewelery necklaces and I have a small jewelery box with velvet lining for other special necklaces without boxes.

I must say though, reading through these posts, some of you ladies have some excellent ideas for necklace storage which I might use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty