U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 12:34 AM

15,532 posts, read 35,641,148 times

Advertisements

The shirt looks too big. Hey - is that MY husband??? My husband ALWAYS wears clothes several sizes too big for himself because he thinks everything's gonna "shrink".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 03:32 AM

2,178 posts, read 7,796,014 times
Looks perfectly normal to me.
But then I'm not a fashion minded person. Just a retired blue collar worker.
If people don't like the way I look they are free to look at someone else.
As long as I am clean and comfy I don't give a damn what others think.
Blue jeans and flannel shirts in the winter. And long johns.
Blue jeans and short sleeve cotton shirts in the summer.
Only time I don't wear that is for funerals or weddings.
And I HATE TIES.
Oh yeah, I have some bib overalls around here someplace.
Clothes don't impress me. They just need to be clean and cover what they are supposed to cover.
There are much more serious issues to be concerned about than someone wearing flannel shirts and bluejeans.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:41 AM

250 posts, read 804,522 times
I think it looks pretty good. I don't like the belt personally but I think the shirt is OK (not too big, I in fact find it more feminine when guys wear things so tight, skinny jeans etc. yuk). The jeans are relaxed and slightly lose but its definitely not a bad thing. Its a casual look. Im 34 though and can't stand the latest fashion skinny trends for the young men, that and the hair that looks all messed up. I like tight haircuts for men.
Really? just get a new belt. Go to gap and find a nice leather one. done.

Old 12-01-2009, 11:05 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,580,774 times
He needs to button the button down collar

Old 12-01-2009, 11:07 AM

2,551 posts, read 3,761,316 times
Very nice. I love when a man wears clean jeans, button down shirts (that is tucked in), and isn't too tight or too loose either. I think it looks great.

But no shoes. What kind of shoes does he wear with this outfit?

Old 12-01-2009, 11:20 AM

34,526 posts, read 42,694,765 times
This is what my husband wears all the time and I think it looks good. I want him to button the buttondown collar though.
What would you prefer he wear?

Old 12-01-2009, 01:04 PM

174 posts, read 412,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann789 View Post
That's what I was thinking. It looks too big to me.
i agree. those are jeans are smaller than the ones he use to wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Depends on where he's going...I think it's fine for a normal Saturday afternoon, putzing around the house and running errands to Home Depot, doing some yard work (the belt looks very dated though). If you were going "out" out (to a dinner that doesn't include barbeque) I think it's too casual....Looks functional and comfortable.
he took me out to lunch in this.
threw on a old leather jacket and some brown cole haan dress shoes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
What kind of shoes does your husband wear with those jeans?

The only thing I don't like is the belt. I'd prefer a distressed brown leather belt without stitching (at least not the obvious stitching like your husbands.)
like I said he threw on a pair of brown cole haan dress shoes...
he likes the belt. he just bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
This is what my husband wears all the time and I think it looks good. I want him to button the buttondown collar though.
I like more simpler looks... polos, dress shirts. nice t-shirts... try to stick to one color. also like darker denim and no dress shoes with jeans! he needs a leather belt too which he has but only uses it with slacks.

how do I change this man's mind? I showed him this post and he I think he got the point but we'll see.

Old 12-01-2009, 01:11 PM

1,917 posts, read 4,224,265 times
It's not too big, but for it to be "in"...he'd have to untuck it...and he doesn't look like a guy that would go around "untucked".

Old 12-01-2009, 02:35 PM

2,551 posts, read 3,761,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

I like the top button the way it is. If he buttoned all the way up, it probably would be very uncomfortable and tight. I never button the top button of my button down shirts either (neither did my dad and husband ever).

It looks great the way it is.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:18 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,319,158 times
I think I can hear your hubbies eye's rolling at all our chicken bawkin from here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty