U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 05:21 PM

8 posts, read 8,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPEP09 View Post
I'm telling him that this shirt is horrendous and should not wear it out. he's 30 something... I need opinions so he can get rid of it! He says it's in...
I think the shirt is ok , but that belt has got to go. But if you want him to get rid of the shirt let the dog sit on it with out him knowing of course,pretty soon the dogs smell will draw attention, hope that helps your delema.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 06:09 PM

34,585 posts, read 42,755,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaJo76 View Post
I like the top button the way it is. If he buttoned all the way up, it probably would be very uncomfortable and tight. I never button the top button of my button down shirts either (neither did my dad and husband ever).

It looks great the way it is.
No, I didn't mean to button the top button, I meant he should button the buttondown collar.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:41 PM

5,384 posts, read 9,590,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I might be in the minority (and probably showing my age, although I'm confident my mindset would be of the same in my 20s), but I wouldn't go near a guy who was getting his fashion ideas (or even worse, his clothes) from Forever 21.
LOL... Have to agree...if my husband (35) came home wearing skinny jeans I might think there was something wrong with him! HAHAH And totally mock him out....

Old 12-02-2009, 08:10 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,344,479 times
You guys do know that "skinny jeans" just look like straitleg pants when you don't buy them tight? J crew has some pics of the modern fit that is more mature. This fit just is too big for classic even. I agree to let the dog eat the belt.

Check out the shirt fits:
Men's Shirts - Men's Dress Shirts, Men's Oxford Shirts, Button Down & Flannel Shirts - J.Crew

Also notice you can actually see the shape of his thighs in his pants and it does not look like a pair flapping on a clothes line.

slim pants fit:
Men's pants by fit - urban slim - Urban slim-fit cotton twill Bowery pant - J.Crew

Old 12-02-2009, 08:18 AM

7,736 posts, read 13,972,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
You guys do know that "skinny jeans" just look like straitleg pants when you don't buy them tight? J crew has some pics of the modern fit that is more mature. This fit just is too big for classic even. I agree to let the dog eat the belt.

Check out the shirt fits:
Men's Shirts - Men's Dress Shirts, Men's Oxford Shirts, Button Down & Flannel Shirts - J.Crew

Also notice you can actually see the shape of his thighs in his pants and it does not look like a pair flapping on a clothes line.

slim pants fit:
Men's pants by fit - urban slim - Urban slim-fit cotton twill Bowery pant - J.Crew

I don't know...the men and apparel look very "Euro" in the links you posted. That look may work for certain guys, but it would look ridiculous on my husband. And I know I'm personally not attracted to that look. For a casual wear, I prefer my man to look like he walked out of the Eddie Bauer or Cabela's catalog. (But then again, I'm not known for being a fashion maven. )

Old 12-02-2009, 08:24 AM

21,142 posts, read 22,123,052 times
Quote:
I don't know...the men and apparel look very "Euro" in the links you posted. That look may work for certain guys, but it would look ridiculous on my husband. And I know I'm personally not attracted to that look. For a casual wear, I prefer my man to look like he walked out of the Eddie Bauer or Cabela's catalog. (But then again, I'm not known for being a fashion maven. )
Yep....I like a man to look more like a man...."skinny jeans" do not look the same as a straight leg Levi jean. A few guys can carry it off and look good, but still not the kind of guy I personally find attractive.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:03 AM

53 posts, read 86,617 times
I've never seen a man wear skinny jeans unless they were gay male friends. Back to the ? I think flannel shirts are sexy for around the house or even a trip to the market. Buy him a better looking flannel though. JC Penny has nice soft ones

Old 12-02-2009, 09:08 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,799,840 times
works for me, lol.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 AM

9,170 posts, read 16,529,270 times
I clicked this thread expecting to find something bad. He looks great, imho. Except for the belt. Ugh! But then I'm from Wyoming. Oh yeah... and if the shirt has a button-down collar it should be buttoned down -- not a big deal, but it looks like he got dressed in a hurry and forgot. The fit looks right to me. It looks comfortable, and that's what casual clothes should be.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:59 AM

8,415 posts, read 34,344,479 times
Quote:
Where is your NYC blood? You are sounding like sooooooooooo midwest. LOL
I have seen your guys in your wed pic. I think your pick for his look is what works best. Guys with large frames look so stupid in fashiony wear. I prefer that look in basic too.

Lemy from motorhead is about as manly as manly gets...
Check out his skinny jeans with the slight boot cut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_VEdra0wUE

Ramones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6GzVCYqoyY

I don't think it makes you look gay. Being gay does. But I do agree that some guys are not meant for it. Not saying the OPs hubby is rocker euro but a fit closer to that would be flattering. He looks thin and proportionate. OR is he hiding Dad Gut under that shirt?

I always try to select fits that mirror the body underneath it. Like if you are a women and curve fitting stuff is more flattering than a big baggy whatever that makes you look sloppy and 25lbs heavier than you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty