Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 AM

174 posts, read 488,298 times

Advertisements

I'm telling him that this shirt is horrendous and should not wear it out. he's 30 something... I need opinions so he can get rid of it! He says it's in...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 07:44 AM

628 posts, read 2,044,707 times
It's not terrible--but I do think it is ill fitting--

Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,264 times
It's not awful, it's masculine - you can see he's a guys-guy. It's great for a construction site or to hang at the local tavern to have beer or two with the...construction crew, LOL, or to do some yard work in and hang some Christmas lights, or to run to Home Depot in. . . but other than that, it's still not something I would look at and say, "oh my gosh," - he's a guy. He looks comfy. If he put a nice watch on, it could be dressed up a bit - and the shirt could be fixed by being tucked a bit better, more clean. I'd imagine he'd put something nicer on to take you out. *shrugs*

Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 AM

672 posts, read 2,113,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlbuffalo1 View Post
It's not terrible--but I do think it is ill fitting--
That's what I was thinking. It looks too big to me.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,397 times
jeans aren't great. . . and yeah, shirt is too big.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:29 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Depends on where he's going...I think it's fine for a normal Saturday afternoon, putzing around the house and running errands to Home Depot, doing some yard work (the belt looks very dated though). If you were going "out" out (to a dinner that doesn't include barbeque) I think it's too casual....Looks functional and comfortable.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Well they are trendy and "in" but not the way he is wearing it. He needs to update his belt and jeans fit. The plaid western is meant to be worn in a fitted manner for modern trend. That does not mesh well with that 90's baggy thing he has going on with his pants. It is too baggy for the modern look as well.

ex of how the fit should be worn:
http://www.forever21.com/heritage198..._shirts&Page=1

Old 11-30-2009, 09:45 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Plaid/Flannel shirts are pretty basic. I've never considered them trendy, especially if you live in the North East and other areas in the North.

What kind of shoes does your husband wear with those jeans?

The only thing I don't like is the belt. I'd prefer a distressed brown leather belt without stitching (at least not the obvious stitching like your husbands.)

Old 11-30-2009, 09:47 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well they are trendy and "in" but not the way he is wearing it. He needs to update his belt and jeans fit. The plaid western is meant to be worn in a fitted manner for modern trend. That does not mesh well with that 90's baggy thing he has going on with his pants. It is too baggy for the modern look as well.

ex of how the fit should be worn:
Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

I might be in the minority (and probably showing my age, although I'm confident my mindset would be of the same in my 20s), but I wouldn't go near a guy who was getting his fashion ideas (or even worse, his clothes) from Forever 21.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:02 AM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Nice shirt.

It's kind of hard to tell the fit the way he's standing; I'd like to see him with the sleeves rolled down and arms at the side. Still, it doesn't look too big, or at least very much too big, to me. The seams at the shoulders aren't way down the shoulder or anything, and the way it's pulling at the button suggests that, if anything, it may be a bit tight there.

I suspect that what you and the other posters are commenting on is not the fit but the cut. It's a casual shirt, fine for a casual outfit.

I agree that the belt is not good, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty