Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 10:07 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
It may be one hell of an optical illusion - but I'm still seeing a wristless girl and not a white bangle (though I do see the one on the larger girl)
It's there; it's like a clear lucite bangle with a very large white spot on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 10:30 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Uh, I don't know... That size 12 girl should never wear heels and a mini. Not together.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:39 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Interesting photo set. If men were asked to choose a Victoria's Secret Model (curves, etc.) or a Prada Model (rail thin), the vast majority would snap up the Vic's Secret Model in a second.

Or, to visualize: Callista Flockhart v. Giselle Bundchen? No contest.

Women are FLockhart skinny only for other women!

Old 12-27-2009, 12:17 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Interesting photo set. If men were asked to choose a Victoria's Secret Model (curves, etc.) or a Prada Model (rail thin), the vast majority would snap up the Vic's Secret Model in a second.

Or, to visualize: Callista Flockhart v. Giselle Bundchen? No contest.

Women are FLockhart skinny only for other women!
I agree. As I woman if I were to choose a standard of beauty to model after (I could care less really, but as an example) I would definitely go with a Victoria's Secret model. These women actually look like women, with a womanly body. They don't look like walking hangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Uh, I don't know... That size 12 girl should never wear heels and a mini. Not together.
Why not?
She has the body to pull it off. Her legs and long and fit looking.
I think she looks better in that outfit than the size 4. The size 4 girl looks like a child playing dress up in her big sister's clothes.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:36 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andthentherewere3 View Post
Camping, you are so right, I totally missed that!! She has no wrist!! That reminds me of some photo I saw years ago of a model somewhere, her belly button had been photoshopped out.
It was probably featured on one of these blogs:
PhotoshopDisasters
Photoshop Mistakes - The best photoshop mistakes and disasters from around the world.

But I'm not seeing any missing wrist, as mentioned, it's just blocked by the giant clear bangle. The photoshopping as I was talking about is on the 4th page where the smaller models right leg doesn't quite look like it lines up with her body the right way. Actually, I could say the same about the 3rd page too, on both models.

To be honest, the whole thing is a joke: the outfits, the photography, the photoshopping... ugh.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:42 AM

250 posts, read 910,936 times
that size 4 girl is more a size 0/2, and VERY photoshopped (look at her arms!) as is the size 12 model who looks more like a size 8/10 waist. They need to do a REAL shoot, not photoshop and compare. Im a size 2/4 max and Im way bigger than that size 4 model for sure. I used to be a size 12 and I didn't look like that model. Everyone gains weight differently. I rarely see a size 12 person with a completely flat abdomen and that much curve without more chunkiness elsewhere. Not on 'real' women anyways.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:53 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
I don't think the size 4 (who does appear to be more of a 0/2) looks sickly.

I think she looks fine. Shocking, I know.

The size 12 has a prettier face tho, IMO. Great eyebrows!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabumom07 View Post
I don't think the girl in your photo is sickly either, she looks skinny but great, a typical high fashion model. Where are the commercial models? The catalogs?
Yep. Toothpaste ads, hair products etc etc.

I think that photo looks unhealthy because she is so thin but has a high amount of ab fat for as thin as she is. That tells me she is on the "no eating cardio a lot" diet. She just looks ill. I could probably find a better one....I just did a fast pick.

She does not look photoshopped in the arms. See the other model I posted for a different angle at the same type of arm.

Old 12-28-2009, 01:22 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by militarymom View Post
that size 4 girl is more a size 0/2, and VERY photoshopped (look at her arms!) as is the size 12 model who looks more like a size 8/10 waist. They need to do a REAL shoot, not photoshop and compare. Im a size 2/4 max and Im way bigger than that size 4 model for sure. I used to be a size 12 and I didn't look like that model. Everyone gains weight differently. I rarely see a size 12 person with a completely flat abdomen and that much curve without more chunkiness elsewhere. Not on 'real' women anyways.
You're forgetting that size isn't the same across the board.
Different stores and brands vary, and it varies even more by someone's height and where their body carries the weight.
I'm not surprised if she really is a size 4 because I'm pretty sure she's at least 5'10, considering how in high fashion 5'7" is considered "petite".
Same with the size 12 model, she's probably at least 5'10" too.
I've actually met women who look like the size 12 model and they can look fit with a flat stomach (although I wouldn't doubt if she was wearing something to hold that stomach in, or even photoshopped). Fit doesn't equal skinny. Someone can be toned and still big. It's just the frame they were born with.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:46 PM

562 posts, read 2,403,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Yep. Toothpaste ads, hair products etc etc.

I think that photo looks unhealthy because she is so thin but has a high amount of ab fat for as thin as she is. That tells me she is on the "no eating cardio a lot" diet. She just looks ill. I could probably find a better one....I just did a fast pick.

She does not look photoshopped in the arms. See the other I posted for a different angle at the same type of arm.

Actually, I was talking about the original in the shoot w/ 2 women, not your second example with her tummy out. She looks kinda weird. I think there should be more fashion s, maybe not runway where they have to look great in everything, but in Vogue, , Elle, Seventeen, who are size 6-8.Modeling clothes and bathing suits, tall and in great shape. I agree the "skinny sister" looks more like a size 0-2 than a 4, but its hard to tell one big and one skinny never look great together.

When I was in my teens and early 20s, i had a flat tummy when I gained weight to a size 12, but mostly was 8-10. A tall especially can look great at a 12, but she would be too slim to actually wear plus size, which all have big waists.

I'll keep saying til you all yawn, it seems most s either have to kill themselves to be super-skinny or let them selves be pretty big to do plus ing. I don't know much about the business, only what I see in front of me in magazines. I see very few examples of what would be a a really healthy weight for most women. I know the camera adds pounds, and its best to have tall m*dels, and that some women are naturally very thin.

At least there are women in the media women like Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez and Jessica Simpson and ( who gets flak cause white s are supposed to be size 4) who are a normal size and are glam*urous for young g*rls to admire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty