Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 08:26 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,004,101 times

Advertisements

I'm in the group of no bra, except for work or doctor's appointments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 10:11 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
OMG yes!!!!! I came to this forum specifically to gripe about bras.

I've been having the worst time finding comfortable bras for my 38D cups (and growing) and noted that last weekend when I was wearing a new bra, it felt like a shelf sitting on my stomach at time, they are SO BIG!!! I've been having this issue with any bras I buy. They just don't feel right.

I'm considering going braless more or just wearing tanks underneath my clothes. The less restrictions the better.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:07 PM

279 posts, read 625,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
OMG yes!!!!! I came to this forum specifically to gripe about bras.

I've been having the worst time finding comfortable bras for my 38D cups (and growing) and noted that last weekend when I was wearing a new bra, it felt like a shelf sitting on my stomach at time, they are SO BIG!!! I've been having this issue with any bras I buy. They just don't feel right.

I'm considering going braless more or just wearing tanks underneath my clothes. The less restrictions the better.

-Steve

Old 01-06-2010, 02:16 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,141,375 times
depending on the blouse/shirt i'm wearing, i'll either wear a bra, or i won't.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:27 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
I prefer being around the house w/o restrictions, and usually wear pj bottoms and a tank top, but if I go out, then the girls get all trussed up like a Thanksgiving Day turkey.

I wear a hard to find bra size (32DDD, yes natural), so I don't want to wear them out by lounging around the house either, since they are a bit more expensive than an easier to find size, lol.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:06 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
There's some ladies in the Seattle area who work at some businesses I go to that don't wear bras. One is quite well endowed too. Someting like, 34DD. While it is a huge turn on for the male customers, I asked her once "don't your boobs get tired or feel weird?" She was like "nah, not really."

Ze French actually studied this over like, 20 years in a long term study, and found women who didn't wear bras typically had "better formed" breasts.

Go figure. We invent something to prevent sagging, and all we do is mess them up. I say, to you ladies, let them free!

Except when you're working out, then that's cool, since I couldn't imagine having 10 lb lumps beating me up as I ran and getting in the way.
p>20 years ago women usually did not have very big breasts. The size of breasts increased over the years. Unfortunately, the penisses did not.</p>

Old 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
I wear one except to sleep and bathe. Like Colddiamond, I hate flopping around, and I don't want to get saggy. I strap 'em in pretty tight when I exercise.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:03 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,257,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
p>20 years ago women usually did not have very big breasts. The size of breasts increased over the years. Unfortunately, the penisses did not.</p>
Well thats due to the estrogenic pollution in the enviroment. So go team men that came up with that stuff...LOL
And you know it was all men as us dumb gals were only running vaccums and shoooting out babies at the point of industrial revolution's turn.

Cami only look is the only way it does not look skanky. Even if they are big. At least to me. Its like those tops are made for that with the double lining or built ins.

If your bra is binding though you should go up a band size. If your wire digs you probably need to go up a cup size. If your straps dig, go for wide ones and bras with thick high panels. The support should come from the body of the bra and not the straps very much at all.

I like to wear them all the time as I don't want egg on a nail before my time and I am prone to stretch marks. I don't want them up there.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,533 times
If they are still firm, then I have no problem. If they hang to your elbows, please wear a bra.

And, whether big or small, if you are wearing a shirt that buttons up the front - for heaven's sake, put on a bra, tank top, or cami. It's one thing to see nipples creeping out the top of a low cut shirt (which can be sexy), but doing a peepshow between buttons to everyone that sits next to you (that's just plain gross).

Old 01-08-2010, 09:37 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,537,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
I'm in the group of no bra, except for work or doctor's appointments.
I understand the logic behind wearing one to work.

I find it funny that you wear one to the doctor's office - isn't that one place you tend to have to take it off? Unless for a headache or something, then your doctor is just a pervert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty