U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do you like..
fake boobs 18 18.95%
enhanced lips 5 5.26%
cosmetic surgery in general 18 18.95%
none 65 68.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2009, 10:36 AM

7,518 posts, read 14,725,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
There's nothing quite so weird as a woman in her 60s with normal signs of aging sporting a pair of uplifted tight boobs which don't move when the rest of her does ...
Or the woman with a face-lift, nose job, and Botox who has the neck of a lizard.

You may be able to enhance this or that, but the reality is that the rest of your body continues to age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No kidding! Yeesh. She should sue the guy.
Why? She new the risks, and if she didn't she should be sued for being so ignorant. Every implant runs the risk of going awry, regardless of the doctors aptitude for the procedure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I don't give a rats ass who gets plastic surgery. I've never had it myself, but when i get older I expect my husband to put my body back in the original condition he purchased it. I mean married me in.
Why would this be your husband's reponsibility? By this logic-if you can call it that-it would be YOU who owes it to the husband to return your body to its prime form. I mean, you are not doing him any favors by getting old.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 10:43 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,891,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post

Why would this be your husband's reponsibility? By this logic-if you can call it that-it would be YOU who owes it to the husband to return your body to its prime form. I mean, you are not doing him any favors by getting old.
Ok we'll say I pay for it then. His money, my money, our money. Does it really matter?

Old 12-30-2009, 11:08 AM

18,347 posts, read 17,791,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Why? She new the risks, and if she didn't she should be sued for being so ignorant. Every implant runs the risk of going awry, regardless of the doctors aptitude for the procedure.
Because THAT is botched job. That's why. Nothing ignorant about it.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:27 AM

6,934 posts, read 9,249,475 times
I think well proportioned bodies look attractive, lips are good, and large scars are generally unattractive. If it takes plastic surgery to achieve this, then I guess I like it. I've had numerous skin cancer spots removed over the years, usually by a plastic surgeon. I guess that means I like plastic surgery.

(I'd like to say this is a dumb poll, but I'm too polite. Shhhhhhhh...)

Old 12-30-2009, 12:33 PM

2,679 posts, read 4,470,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Guys are usually don't care if their belly gets bigger and bigger over the years and we are expected to find that attractive no matter what.
Hahaha hell yeah!!

Old 12-30-2009, 06:26 PM

324 posts, read 332,014 times
If you change the way you look at things, it will change the way things look. - William Dyer

Old 12-31-2009, 06:28 AM

250 posts, read 584,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
So every other male I've ever discussed this with agrees with me, yet it taking over the country.

I'm talking about fake boobs, botox, inflated lips etc, etc.

I hate the fake look and everyone seems to agree they like women who look more natural. Yet more and more women go under the knife or the needle to look "better". This could have to do with where I live and the naturalist sentiments here, but I could be wrong. What about y'all?

I also prefer minimal make up but that could be getting picky. Note- not no make-up, I just don't like it when a girl looks like a layer of paint has been put on her face.
A few friends have had work done, and I have actually tried botox once. I bet you wouldn't notice we'd gotten a thing done. My friend gets 'facials' (photfacials) to take away ance scars, lines wrinkles...she looks amazing but is very natural. Ive gotten a VERY small amount of botox (only 15-20 units total) done to prevent lines and no one is the wiser. My forehead certainly isn't frozen and yet at almost 35 yo I have no wrinkles on my forehead. I can still frown etc. because we used such a small amt. My sister in law had lipo done, she is 110 pounds and looks amazing for 37. My point--no one can tell the difference for some sublte and well done procedures unless the person discloses the info to you. Now for poorly done and overly done surgeries and procedures-sure-doesn't look great for obviously fake breasts or a facelift gone bad or too much filler in the lips. Its all about being subtle. Doing anything too drastic whether its exercising and bulking up crazy, eating too much etc... too much of anything is never a good thing...everything in moderation.

Old 12-31-2009, 06:37 AM

1,520 posts, read 792,017 times
I am not big on plastic surgery. I did vote for fake boobs however because I have a very dear friend that is in her mid 30's and had to have both breasts removed in a radical mastectomy due to several potentially lumps that had been removed in a series of 7 incisions done over a 12 month time period. Hers was done as a reconstruction and I have no problem with that. Now, on the flip side, if a woman goes in and gets unnaturally large implants for whatever reason, I don't like them at all.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:19 PM

2,551 posts, read 1,644,747 times
I think if you have the money, then go for it. But please, don't act all slutty and such. Every woman I've met or knew, that got some kind of cosmetic job done they started flirting with every man there was and started dressing up like hookers (very tiny, skimpy stuff). Have some class if you're going to do it.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:36 PM

304 posts, read 361,953 times
I hate ALL of the fake ****...including makeup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty