Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 11:25 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,646,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie73 View Post
And why are people from PETA wacko?
Because they are an extremist organization? Because they are hypocrites (i.e. animal extermination)? Because they say stupid things in the media (i.e. breast milk ice cream)?

I would have more respect for them if they realized they are way too extreme and took a step back rather than keep stumbling forward like a drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg420
humans have a digestive system consistent with herbivores. human beings are not natural meat eaters.
Can you really prove that humans are not natural meat eaters? Do you have enough evidence that traces all the way back to the origins of H. sapiens and their dietary habits? Rather than recite PETA propaganda, pick up a human biology book instead

You do realize that:
-Human digestive system can also break down meat
-Human bodies are horribly inefficient in terms of energy usage and storage (i.e. energy is wasted constantly unlike herbivores that store the energy)
-Human bodies are not made to be herbivores (i.e. hands cannot rip apart nuts/fruits with hard exterior nor can they climb as well to reach said food, cannot dig for spuds/teeth cannot crack open said food nor able to properly masticate certain raw plants (ex. spuds))
-Human digestive system cannot break down all plants; only specific ones that we adapted to

Finally, human bodies as a whole, are more consistent with that of a carnivore as their metabolism are fast and the bodies need ample amounts of energy to properly work because energy is constantly lost, while herbivores have slower metabolism and can easily store it for later.

You'd think that if we were made to be herbivores, Mother Nature would give us the proper equipment for it

Last edited by Le Lune; 02-25-2010 at 12:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 07:43 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,245,644 times
Actually humans evolved from a singular caveman (4 types of nean.man) that ate pretty much only meat. You can follow the trail of the dead animals they wiped out and humanity spread out of africa.

Human's have omnivore teeth. It can take on meat and veggies. The ability to have a diverse diet is a theory of why the brain developed so large compared to other animals. Also with the thumb it gives them more options for tools. Chimps use tools to get food out (termite straws) and have even been documented to use tools for killing.

So I guess you just have to ask yourself how caveman are you on the inside?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,949,825 times
Pitt, I make a pretty good cave man, really I like it. Cave men were pretty independant. I knapp flint and start fire with a bow drill, so I must be a cave man.

Le Lune, odd handle to choose, I am a bit dyslexic and took it for Le June, till now.
I know a full blown female PETA member who feeds her dog salads.. The dog pukes that up with blood and she wonders why. She eats tomatoe sauce but has no idea how many poor little tomates are put to death to make the sauce. In fact she has no idea you make the sauce with tomatoes and she believes tomatoe sauce is man made of some synthentics... Really no joke, and I find it sad.

Veggie heads rarely know eggs are in pastas as well, or even that man can cook over fire. Really! I get asked questions like doing living history. Some how they get the idea bambi is a real deer, and Nature resembles Disney Land. All I can say is that when reality sets in, it's gonna hurt.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:22 PM

LOL damn that reality thing. It does have some teeth does it not?!

My favorite veggie freakout:

The sugar you eat may be filtered through the bones of the dead here in america

And once upon a time those bones were made of human american indians who had graves robbed for profit. Like the almost total genocide was not enough....

Old 02-25-2010, 12:36 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,646,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Le Lune, odd handle to choose, I am a bit dyslexic and took it for Le June, till now.
I know a full blown female PETA member who feeds her dog salads.. The dog pukes that up with blood and she wonders why. She eats tomatoe sauce but has no idea how many poor little tomates are put to death to make the sauce. In fact she has no idea you make the sauce with tomatoes and she believes tomatoe sauce is man made of some synthentics... Really no joke, and I find it sad.

Veggie heads rarely know eggs are in pastas as well, or even that man can cook over fire. Really! I get asked questions like doing living history. Some how they get the idea bambi is a real deer, and Nature resembles Disney Land. All I can say is that when reality sets in, it's gonna hurt.
Ah, that's ok, my sn is quite odd to a lot of people

The sad thing is that PETA members, are more often than not, a bit off the chart. They have the concept that all animals should be saved and protected, but have no qualms about hurting other humans to do so

Vegetarians and vegans alike who has such an extremist approach failed to realize that they themselves are exploiting living things as well. Vegetables and bacteria just doesn't happen to show emotion whereas animals do. But they died, just like the animals, in order to fuel vegetarian/vegan metabolic needs.

Hell, just being alive is doing harm to the environment

Also, think twice before popping that jelly bean into your mouth. I'm not going to go into details, but one word: Shellac

Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 PM

I always had this thing about jello.... I won't eat it, but I'ld like to make a swimming pool full sometime...

Pitt, I didn't know sugar was filtered with bones. Just how is that if you know details.

The reason i ask is I make maple sugar and I wonder what this does?

Old 02-25-2010, 01:33 PM

Its only white cane sugar in america at non kosher places. Everywhere else in the world they use charcoal (really old bones!lol) and charcoal is used for kosher sugars. (oreos are kosher and vegan)

I know because I was vegan in points of my life. Anything processed I looked into the manufacturing of it.
Mac...are you stabbing trees? You ANIMAL!

Just kidding.

If you don't tap your own trees just go with organic certified maple syrup. That stuff is just boiled down in a vat and bottled. What they clean out the vats with may be toxic though if you don't pick a certified organic.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:48 PM

I tap my own trees.... well lets just say I tap trees ok? I am a little guy with just 35 taps, and a barrel I made into a stove and made a pan for. My goal is around 5 gallons of maple syrup per year for my use and gifts.

With the first stuff aka Fancy I may use up to 2 quarts for candy. After that Grade A is more for gifts, and Grade B is all mine and i won't let anyone have that stuff.

To let common man have that is like teaching small children lobser is good to eat, when it isn;'t good at all for small children, because it always means less lobster for me.

I fear I have no idea, but sure I did have some idea once, about what is and what isn't a vagan. I think the idea I had was a vagan was a female veggie head...

Do you solomly swear to take this vegan to be your wife and love her and keep her till meat... err um ahh Well Do you vagan, take this veggie head to have and to hold .. ?? nope that won't work either....

Old 02-28-2010, 10:58 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,960,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scsigurl3000 View Post
There is a woman in my town who rescues dogs and cats but balks at being a vegetarian. Her dad was a farmer and according to her, "loved animals" and treated them well. I guess they weren't involved in the butchering of them. Over and over again, this end of the animals' life has been documented, and it is anything but humane. It's pretty horrible.

I really have no patience for people who support the care of little cute, fuzzy, sweet animals but not all the others. IMHO, this is a profound hypocrisy and is a matter of holding contradictory thoughts simultaneously, without any logical connection. This woman told me she loved bacon and hamburgers and these animals were "raised for that purpose." I feel differently; animals have lives and purposes of their own.
Just for fun -
most animals in nature eat other animals. There seems to be a pecking order.
On the other hand, people who use this to justify our eating other animals,
just a wild theoretical,
if alien abductions were true and some people were being eaten by aliens, would they, as a higher life form, be justified in doing so?

Old 02-28-2010, 01:17 PM

281 posts, read 446,586 times
Meat-eaters will say they would be ok with aliens eating us and putting us in factory farms in defense of their own support of the industry, when obviously no one would be okay with that, because it would horrible and we'd do anything to prevent it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty