U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:45 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,344,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
For the last time, I've clearly stated MULTIPLE times that of course it depends on a lot of things. My point is simply this:

pitt_transplant claimed it would be very difficult/impossible for someone of 5ft tall to consume 1200-1400 calories a day and be thin ("thin" by her definition being 24" waist... or 22" depending when you ask her). I am living proof that someone who is 5ft tall can consume 1200-1400 calories a day and have a 24" waist without even exercising.

When my waist is 24" inches, I weigh about 94-96lbs. And I know from experience that under 94lbs is unhealthy for me, which means a 22" waist or less would be unhealthy, which is why I'm not considering it in this conversation.
If you can't talk about your body without taking offense about it don't bring it up as a part of the element to discuss.

24'' waist or less is model (not plus size) standard. Not my personal definition.
I threw in the 22'' number to give you an idea of what they may really expect to which you could of : laughed at in good humor of the extremes, or freaked out. You picked the last one. But you just said that you have a 24'' waist and be healthy but were underweight or borderline unhealthy? Where is the proof of it being easy? If you won't "consider" a measurement then you don't get the job. Its really that simple in that work.
That to me is not easy or healthy if you would have to make youself sick to be working.

I just took my measures today. Eating 1500-2000, currently randomly workingout at a healthy weight and then some (128 today) 25''.
At my smallest waist of 22'' I was still in the healthy range for my height on the scale and felt totally fine. I did not really work out back then to keep it there either. (random fits of proactive gym life here and there)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty