U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 AM

489 posts, read 383,655 times

Advertisements

I have developed a little stomach pooch over the years. It is not terrible. Most people probably wouldn't notice but I notice it in some of my shirts. I want to look neat in my clothes so can anybody recommend a good body shaper to hold in my stomach. I tried one a few years ago but it was very uncomfortable. I want something that works but is comfortable as well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 08:28 AM

12,054 posts, read 19,647,093 times
Most people like Spanx (you usually have to size up one size to be comfortable) or Assets by Sarah Blakely (owner of Spanx) that is sold at Target. I have heard that Walmart's George brand has a very good shaper, but I have never seen it.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:38 AM

2 posts, read 6,935 times
shaking your body like shakira will diffently make you get ride of this small stomach you have 1hour daily withen 2weeks you'll feel great with an experiment

Old 08-03-2010, 09:40 AM

5,119 posts, read 12,720,764 times
Spanx and like products are girdles...
Wear the proper size clothes (what you're wearing may be too tight!) so that little bit of "fat" doesn't "pooch" out...and move more, eat less....it will do the trick!

Old 08-03-2010, 05:01 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,410,318 times
After I gained the post-marital weight I totally got "body shapers" LOL If you're overweight, even loose clothing will look bad if you can see bulges under it.
I recommend:
1. Getting some silk/silky slips. If you wear a dress, they'll will keep it from clinging to any fat you may have.
2. Buying any high-waisted body shaper if you're worried about your tummy. If thighs are not a problem, Bali also makes a kind of leotard thingy that covers your whole torso.
3. Going on a Diet because at some point camouflage is futile ;D

Old 07-30-2012, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,849 times
Default I need to shape up.

Hello to everyone,

Since I am 21 years of age, and still do have baby fats in my body. I need to find a body slimming clothes that would benefit me and give solution to my problem. I think of a clothes that will get me in shape and slim. I found out that there are so many garments that can help to shape up our body. One example is girdle, and there are different types of girdle (you can choose what do you prefer). When I used girdle, it is really tight to my body. And I'm not comfortable if I'm using it. What else can you suggest me to be in shape and slim.

BTW, you can check my facebook account [url=http://www.facebook.com/suzy.araneta]here.[/url]

[url=http://www.facebook.com/suzy.araneta]Suzy Araneta[/url]

Last edited by suzyaraneta; 07-30-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 07-31-2012, 04:10 PM

5,119 posts, read 12,720,764 times
"Body shapers" are girdles...period....they just call them something different nowadays! Just wear the proper sized clothes...much more comfortable than girdles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty