U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-23-2010, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Wherever I want to be... ;)
2,539 posts, read 8,563,766 times
Reputation: 1955

Advertisements

So, I recently broke down and ordered a pair of Ugg boots from Zappos. I purchased my size is the kids' version, so they were $140. I'm not a shoe chick--this is BY FAR the most money I've ever spent on shoes, so I'm having a little buyers remorse. However, they are SUPER comfortable and make my feet feel like they're walking on a cloud. Love that. I haven't worn them outside, just around the house, so I don't know if I'm keeping them yet.

My question is, is there another company that makes Ugg-like boots that are as comfortable and as of high quality as Ugg boots? Not a cheap Target or Payless knockoff, but one of the $60-80 range similar boots (i.e., Bearpaw). Are they as good? Or should I just deal with the price and keep these? I just hate feeling like I'm paying for the logo on the heel.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque
2,294 posts, read 5,461,508 times
Reputation: 1085
That's a good question. I am wearing the cheap Target knock offs and would be much happier if I had the little label on my heel. The Ugg label is what it is all about. My chesnut Uggs are the same thing and cost $30 at Target. If you really want to spend $80 for Ugg like shoes without the label go ahead.

Actually I think there are a bunch of Ugg like shoes from Australia but I can't remember what the brands are called. Best of wishes on your quest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Germantown, WI
620 posts, read 1,590,339 times
Reputation: 195
Mine are 'Relativity' brand and very warm and comfy and I've gotten a lot of compliments on them. I bought them on sale a few months ago for about $34.00.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 09:58 PM
 
522 posts, read 1,208,317 times
Reputation: 374
I'm not a label wh**e so I can careless about the name so long as the shoes are made well and worth the money.

I only gave in about a few months ago because I recently moved to a place that actually gets cold weather, and winter (I'm from Texas).

I wouldn't be quick to judge the Target version just because they cost less. Many designers are designing affordable lines for Target.
Price doesn't usually mean quality, you'll have to try it out to really be sure it's not all about the material, brand name and where it's made that's costing so much.

Anyway...

I got mine at JcPenney for $20, but they were originally around $80. In all honesty, they're pretty durable and comfortable, but they're don't fit as nicely as the Target ones. The ones I have seem kind of stiff around the ankles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 10:03 PM
 
Location: Wherever I want to be... ;)
2,539 posts, read 8,563,766 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysFate View Post
I'm not a label wh**e so I can careless about the name so long as the shoes are made well and worth the money.

I only gave in about a few months ago because I recently moved to a place that actually gets cold weather, and winter (I'm from Texas).

I wouldn't be quick to judge the Target version just because they cost less. Many designers are designing affordable lines for Target.
Price doesn't usually mean quality, you'll have to try it out to really be sure it's not all about the material, brand name and where it's made that's costing so much.

Anyway...

I got mine at JcPenney for $20, but they were originally around $80. In all honesty, they're pretty durable and comfortable, but they're don't fit as nicely as the Target ones. The ones I have seem kind of stiff around the ankles.
I feel the same way about the labels. In fact, I kind of feel a little too trendy wearing the "real" things.

The only reason I said no to the Target ones is because I have a "kinda sorta" Ugg type boot I bought from there several years ago, and they were kind of crappy. Under $30 or so. However, I was meaning to go to Target tomorrow so I'll check out the current selection. I'll check out JC Penney's too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 10:04 PM
 
Location: Wherever I want to be... ;)
2,539 posts, read 8,563,766 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
That's a good question. I am wearing the cheap Target knock offs and would be much happier if I had the little label on my heel. The Ugg label is what it is all about. My chesnut Uggs are the same thing and cost $30 at Target. If you really want to spend $80 for Ugg like shoes without the label go ahead.

Actually I think there are a bunch of Ugg like shoes from Australia but I can't remember what the brands are called. Best of wishes on your quest!
I'm thinking that I *do* need to give Target a chance then. Wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecen View Post
Mine are 'Relativity' brand and very warm and comfy and I've gotten a lot of compliments on them. I bought them on sale a few months ago for about $34.00.
I tried looking online and I had trouble finding that brand. May I ask where you got them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2010, 11:22 PM
 
Location: Seattle
1,361 posts, read 2,845,273 times
Reputation: 1453
Have you tried the Ugg outlet? There is one in Camarillo if you are ever up in Ventura county. My wife got a pair (not the boots for some other kind of Ugg's) and I think they were a lot cheaper than retail. Apparently there is another store in Ventura called Deckers that carries Ugg's for cheap.

There may be an outlet closer to San Diego, dunno, but might be worth poking around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 05:47 AM
 
5,065 posts, read 13,268,624 times
Reputation: 3497
I think you might have a hard time finding some that are both comfortable and well-made for that price. For $99 LLBean has some great boots that look like Uggs. I have the $129 pair (taller) and can't say enough about them, I love them. (although I am just not a fan of the Ugg look) You can see these boots have excellent reviews.

Wicked Good Shearling Boots, Traditional Midheight: Boots at L.L.Bean
Wicked Good Shearling-Lined Boots, Traditional Tall: Boots at L.L.Bean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 06:50 AM
 
615 posts, read 1,467,490 times
Reputation: 373
I tried on a pair of boots at DSW warehouse just before christmas that were SO cute and so comfortable. I think the brand was called Baretraps or something like that. But they were even more comfortable than UGGs I think. They weren't cheap, right around $80 but I think that was a good deal. I didn't buy them because well, it was Christmas and I was spending so much money on others and I didn't have a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2010, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn, NY
145 posts, read 368,971 times
Reputation: 114
I have to say, I have Uggs and I have - in the past - had cheapy ones from Target and there is no comparison. I couldn't care less about the Ugg brand (my favourite sheepskin boots are by a brand called Australia Luxe anyhow) but the quality is really noticeable.

I've heard good things about the Emu brand. Also, Minnetonka make that style of boot too. Both are around that price range, I think, and are thought highly of in the comfort stakes.

Everything Shoe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top