Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: guys wear nail polish are...
gay 26 59.09%
creative 7 15.91%
metrosexual 2 4.55%
confused 8 18.18%
sexy 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 08:26 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,681,619 times

Advertisements

I think id rather live in a world where Jeffrey Dahmer chose to paint his nails instead of eat people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 09:39 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,322,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I think id rather live in a world where Jeffrey Dahmer chose to paint his nails instead of eat people.
As framed above...i think I'd agree with that...

For people to make a connection between guys using nail polish and deviant social behavior is absurd...

Yet I guess would think it perfectly normal to see someone covered in tatoos...thunder bolts on the neck, or a variety of other artistic expression in ink that could or could not have symbolic meaning...

Some of these people could walk past some guy with a swastika tattood on forehead, or 'thug life' tattood on abdomen...and feel perfectly fine with that...

But heaven forbid some guy uses nail polish on his feet out of curiosity, and now somehow becomes worse than Satan himself...

Deserving of the flames of hell....

Good gracious...

Never mind that that person never broke any laws, never stole, doesn't use drugs, doesn't steal, doesn't cheat, doesn't lie, treats others with respect...but since they use nail polish on their feet...they're now worse than Hitler himself, and deserving of death and to be burned at the steak!

Wow....

Thank goodness for our constitution pythonis...cause without it, I don't think this society would be ran much differenlty than Afganistan...

Old 12-05-2011, 09:59 PM

Not to play Dr Phil here...

But the reactions can be explained rather easily...

For women, negitave reaction to it usually has to do with 'territory'...
Women are furiously territorial when it comes to beauty and fashion...they're that way with each other, and definatly don't want 'males' intruding in on their 'turf'....

(even though females have been intruding in on male fashion turf for the last 100 years)

And with guys, it's about 'reaction'....
Males don't like being 'tricked' into reacting to another guys feet with nail polish on, which subconsciously they've associated with female feet for as long as they can remember...

Sometimes the body reacts before you want it to, do to visual cues...and guys, expecially those who are adimatly against homosexuality, don't like the idea of their hardwired senses reacting to another males feet with polish on it...they see it as betrayol...

Cause the bodies reacting to the 'feet', and not the gender...

So remember...with women it's 'territory' and with males it's 'reaction'....

And for those who are not bothered by it either way, they simply have what's called 'perspective'....or 'context'...

Old 12-05-2011, 10:07 PM

well then maybe we should start saying that making men conform to a predetermined standard is unconstitutional. Wonder how that would go over. Hey maybe next summer I'll get my nails done and wear a mini skirt with a tshirt showing the Constitution (the document, not the ship)

Old 12-10-2011, 11:09 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,425,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
There used to be a locally famous criminal defense lawyer in our city. He was an older guy, known for being a big partier as well as a really good lawyer. That I know of, he wasn't gay--he'd been married and had a couple of kids. I saw him in the grocery store once, barefoot, with his toenails painted. Couldn't ever conceive of the events that led up to that.
As would be just as concerned about the events that led him to be barefoot in the grocery store. Is he a meth addict or something?

Old 12-10-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
As would be just as concerned about the events that led him to be barefoot in the grocery store. Is he a meth addict or something?
A meth addict for walking into a store barefoot?

I guess you've never been or lived in the rural south, where half the country folks living there, routinely walk into store barefoot in the summer and fall...

I'm talking country guys, good ole boy types, and their girlfriends...
Or even in West Virginia...hillbillies love going barefoot, it's almost a religion...and there are even many barefoot societies...or groups where people choose a lifestyle of going barefoot...

Barefoot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Barefoot Societies & the Sacred Mission :: Hella Delicious Food for Health, Roots, Peace and Community

(or called 'earthing')

I mean I just don't get how some of you all make connections between going barefoot, and demonic worshiping of satan...

This thread has really shown me how little exposer most, say 95% of the population, has to the broader world around them...

It's like most still have a 18th century view of the world...

And yet we dare call the Taliban ignorant?...when I think many in America have very simuluar ideologies as those controlling warlords do in Afganistan...

Old 12-10-2011, 08:49 PM

860 posts, read 2,203,879 times
I know of a guy who paints his toe nails. He also happens to be a Sergeant Major in the US Army

Old 12-11-2011, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
A meth addict for walking into a store barefoot?
Yeah I mustve been a serious meth head from ages 5-10 growing up in the south.

Old 12-11-2011, 12:45 AM

pythonis....

I just don't get where people come up with this stuff...

Now people who walk barefoot into grocery stores or convient stores are assumed to be on drugs?

And males who decal their feet with nail polish are demon possesed?

Please tell me this isn't the year 1740....

Actually I think Count Dracula would be recieved better than a guy with red nail polish on....amazing...

Last edited by Time and Space; 12-11-2011 at 01:58 AM..

Old 12-11-2011, 01:28 AM

oh and dont forget that if a guy paints his nails he's obviously a pedophile, rapist, and into beastiality as well. Cheats on his taxes, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty