Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: guys wear nail polish are...
gay 26 59.09%
creative 7 15.91%
metrosexual 2 4.55%
confused 8 18.18%
sexy 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:18 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Agreed! But I don't know that nail polish is a creative or artsy activity/
fashion statement, just like I don't think tattoos really express individuality (i.e. all the Asian letter ones). I think it takes more for me to be impressed with someone's artistic nature or creativity than just painting nails 9after all, our non-artistic, non-creative grandmas can wear nail polish).
I was speaking in much broader terms...

As far as nail polish on feet for males....as many have expressed on here...they don't do it for public show...most have expressed they do it for self...to simply satify that urge to be creative...

Nor do most guys who do it, do it to attract a 'mate' or anyone...again the majority of males who do it, have expressed they do it for self, to satisfy their own curious urge...

Listen to the data being shared with you by those who respond...

And the nail polish thing is simply apart of a broader spectrum of creativity in ones own life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 03:47 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
That is feminine.
Do you color the hair on your legs?

Old 12-17-2011, 04:34 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,426,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I think in basically the same way. For instance, I have no problem wearing pinks or purples. People say theyre "gay colors". Well, didnt God create those colors? Isnt pink simply red mixed with white? Ive seen girls with their nails painted and ive been like "wow thats an awesome color" and ive gone to the store and bought it. No real intentions of painting my nails or anything. Mostly just to give my wife a choice of colors but on occasion i get a wild hair and go get a mani-pedi and its nice to have some cool colors available if i wanna go that extra step. I think one day i will get my fingernails painted just to see the true colors of those that ive called "friend"
Or maybe you could do something really crazy like...I don't know...marrying someone with a different skin color....oh, hold on...that would be inmoral...

Old 12-17-2011, 06:52 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
Or maybe you could do something really crazy like...I don't know...marrying someone with a different skin color....oh, hold on...that would be inmoral...
I dont think my wife would like that. Theres also a difference between personal choice and immorality.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,753 times
I had my nails polished Black since New years, and my wife has yet to even notice.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:49 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
I would guess so. I've yet to see one who does though, but I dont look at dudes feet in the first place.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:32 AM

168 posts, read 338,253 times
If I was single and saw a man who adorned himself a lot I would be turned off. That includes clear nail polish, toenail polish earrings, lots of jewelry. I don't judge but it is not my taste. I do find goatees and baseball caps incredibly sexy.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:56 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times
I'm to a point in my life where I could care the less what a woman likes, dislikes, is turned on by or against...none of it really matters to me anymore....in the end, they still leave you and take all your stuff...

Today I saw such a guy, who probably had a woman who wished that he were rough and tumble type, to satisfy her need to have that contrast...

I looked at this mans hands, as he was filling out paper work...probablly mid 40s rough neck type, his nails on his hands were cracked and falling off...obviously do to years of neglect...of being dumb enough to believe that just because he's a man, he has to let his body go...

And now he's paying a price...and I don't even want to imagine what his feet look like...probably like horse hooves....

I think its very selfish for women to want their men to have rough alligator skin and feet, just so they can contrast their own percieved beauty next to...

Then when the guy gets older, the woman leaves them, and now he's left with a old cracked body that's falling apart...and creates other painful health issues...

I applaud guys for taking care of their bodies, being aware of their bodies, their hands, feet, just like women are...

I know my hands and feet are attached to me, are mine, so why would I delight in waking up every morning looking at ugly, scarred, chappy unkept feet that are attached to my body, just to make a woman happy, who will then turn around and leave cause your feet and hands are so ugly...

At least where I live...woman certaintly do not impress me anymore with their ability to choose a mate...a suitable male...

They always seem to choose males that cheat on them and leave them with a ton of kids...

So obviously somethings flawed in how women choose their mates...

At least in this nation...

Old 01-27-2012, 06:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Hmmm many men with money get their nails buffed or clear polish on them. But if he's wearing fushia and I am...ah that's odd.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:08 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,682,080 times
cant see the point of putting polish on your nails if its just going to be clear. I mean why bother? If its for the protection aspect of the polish then sure but if youre getting it done for decoration purposes then by all means get a color. An ACTUAL color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty