Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: guys wear nail polish are...
gay 26 59.09%
creative 7 15.91%
metrosexual 2 4.55%
confused 8 18.18%
sexy 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:09 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,304,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Dude, if you've got a foot fetish and painting your own toenails makes feel like a better person, then rock on with yourself. But, you have absolutely no ground to stand on by accusing everyone of living a lie or being slaves to conformity. Live how you want and mind your own business. It's a good rule of thumb for everyone.
Hi, good morning to you...I see I've been summoned out of the dungeon...
it's dark and lonely down there...but you get use to it after a while...when people aren't around...your safe...

Now about the above topic...it's funny I was just blogging about this on another forum....exploring thoughts, my own thoughts...

I'm not trying to force thoughts down anyone...I just wanted people to examine themselves...what makes 'you' tick....your own perimeters and why?
Who set those perimeters up for you? did you or someone else?
And why are you, we, afraid to cross those invisible perimeters?
Is it that we fear isolation and the persicution that usually follows?
Or is it a moral perimeter within some?

I simply wanted people to look inside of themselves and examine their own strenths and weaknesses....
these are questions only you can answer for yourself...
And of course, in order to keep the conversation going...you, I , have to ask more questions and or challenge some of the premisise being presented...

My other threads I started got shut down, cause people started getting 'unruly'....

Yes, I have a flair for doing certain things...but only when alone...it's like an excercise in personal growth...personal fortification...and it actually makes me stronger to deal with people in real life...
Getting over my little fears, has helped fortify me...

Anyhow I'm probablly loosing you...my thoughts are deep.

Ok, anyhow...I guess it's back to my dungeon now...in the basement...until I'm summoned again....it's the price you pay for daring to be different on the outside...even if it's just in photos...it's the price you pay as a male anyways...

Females arent under those same constraints...there allowed the full spectum of expression...guys are expected to be stoic, and simply comment on female beauty, rather than noticeing their own....

Later dude....

*Side note: I'm in a catogory all my own, many on here so want to lump me into the 'gay' catogory, but even gay people ostricize me...gay is just the flip side of hetro, a one dimensional sex drive...a identity derived from sexual prefence...a notion of who you are, and how you define yourself simply based on your sexual drive or attraction. Gay is the flip side of hetro...sex driven identities...
That is not me...
I find that small and very limiting...I don't define myself in terms of gender, rather I define myself in terms of 'spirit'...

Last edited by Time and Space; 01-31-2010 at 11:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 10:32 PM

7,055 posts, read 12,561,737 times
Walt Whitman, that great gray Bard/Poet once wrote,

"Do I contradict myself? I contain multitudes."

I think we all contain multitudes, but societal norms "force" us into rigid little boxes..I really don't know why...our sense of fantasy and play is so often curtailed...as though fun is a bad thing...

No kid am I, and I still love to ride my bike around town as I did when I was twelve...been told to 'act my age.' Why? Guess I lost my owner's manual and still do things I enjoy...

Old 02-07-2010, 11:59 PM

Your words are encouraging, and are a ray of light, in such a hostile world...

Narration: Time and Space is suddenly summoned out of the dark, wet, dungeon they have been confined to...by a stranger who appears to have a certain glow to them....

Old 03-15-2010, 06:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,200 times
I don't see it being a big deal! If it is done neatly and is kept up nice and a guy keeps his fingers and feet looking well too! I paint my toe nails red and I have had very positive responses from women mostly! I am hardly Gay! I'm a woman lover at all costs!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:12 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,824,419 times
Oh Jesus! If per chance I ever was dating a guy who painted his toenails, it would be the last date I ever had with him! lolololololol!!!! Huge turn off...HUGE!!!

If a guy is painting his toenails, my opinion is he must be gay!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:52 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,929,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
I disagree...I don't think it looks 'gay' at all, no more than women look 'gay' wearing pants...which 100 years ago would have been shunned...

I think all people can feel and be beautiful...not just females...
Go ahead and come out of the closet then. Nobody really cares. You'll find it quite liberating, lol...

Old 03-15-2010, 10:42 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,500,101 times
"...Samantha paints her toenails cherry red/And she asks me if she can paint mine too, and I say, Samantha, anything for you..."

Just seemed applicable. I've never done it, but I've never been asked TO do it. I had a girlfriend shave my chest once, because that was what SHE wanted.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Go ahead and come out of the closet then. Nobody really cares. You'll find it quite liberating, lol...
Come out of what closet?
That's like saying to someone...if you wear a hat, come out of the closet.....?

Or if you wear a wrist ban, then come out of the closet....?
Again, if you know anything about the 'gay' community...surface astetics have nothing to do with sexual orientation...most gay men look like and resemble Rocky or Bruce Willis....and infact look down heavily on other males with percieved 'feminane' trait's or behavior....

Believe me you, you don't have to paint your toe nails or dye your hair to be gay...

Your response, appreciated it is, simply reflects social conditioning...that all things 'bright and beautiful' can only be associated with women....
But had you lived in Rome 1000 years ago...you would of been emersed in a society where the men, indeed, were the ones who adorned themselves in bright colors and robes....
And or even today, in certain persian nations....

As nations became more industrialized, it became less practical for guys to dress up in colorful ceremonial attire, as they were to busy working or fighting...thus more and more of the burden to dress up beautifully fell on the women...

But as we once again begin to shift back into a more leisurely society...you will start seeing more males explore different aspects of 'self'...

Which has nothing to do with 'sexual orientation'...but falls more into the catigory of 'art'...simply using your body as a canvess when mood and enviorment allows....

Old 03-15-2010, 06:13 PM

860 posts, read 2,195,215 times
I "painted" my left 2nd toenail purple, from all the treadmill running I have been doing. I guess it will eventually fall off.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:45 PM

660 posts, read 1,534,816 times
I don't think this whole guy_painint_his_toenails is an issue of morals, religion, sexual orientation. IMO it's him wanting to do what HE wants. End of story. That still doesn't mean we can't talk about how FUN it might be to such a thing (I've painted mine red before and enjoyed it). There is nothing weak about expressing yourself.

Last edited by ColorsOfMe; 03-15-2010 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: Wrote it like I had marbles in my mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty