U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:29 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,147,533 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations to help with puffiness, dark circles, fine lines, etc? Need an all-around good eye cream that works as a good moisturizer also-not looking to spend too much money either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 01:15 AM
ZSP

1,566 posts, read 3,999,128 times
There are two I like a lot - Olay's Regenerist Eye Derma Pods and Estee Lauder's Resilience Lift.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:15 PM

571 posts, read 893,537 times
Dr Hauschka's Daily Revitalizing Eye Cream is wonderful! I'm not sure what you consider expensive... this cream runs about $50 for a tube.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:19 PM

12,054 posts, read 19,725,920 times
Clinique's Repairwear is very good and you usually get a free gift with purchase. Easy to shop online with them and get free shipping. I use that and Perricone, which is not inexpensive. Also, there is a lot of good info on Avon and Mary Kay. They have good products that are not expensive and they are brought to you by the rep.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:32 PM

8,415 posts, read 34,455,872 times
I seem to need to use less of the higher end stuff. I would just go with a dept store type when it comes to eyecreams. When I go cheap I just have been using olive oil over my eyes to condition my lashes and as a night treatment.

Switching your concealer type may help too. More drying ones can dry the eye area and make the skin thin looking which lets your dark circles show through more. Get a new pillow with an allergy case. Old pillows can make the puffy thing happen from mild allergies.

Sephora: Bliss The Youth As We Know It To Go: Skincare

I also use that on my eyes and face.( Under the eye and on the orbital bone. I skip the actual lid. )
On sale for 10$ now.

Dead layer of skin makes all skin issues worse. Make sure to exfoliate twice a week.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:11 PM

442 posts, read 1,907,664 times
Biodroga makes a great eye cream but it is a little pricey. The same for Sans Sucies. Erno Laszlo is good too. But again, all are pricey.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:51 AM

15 posts, read 37,071 times
Best eye creams ingredients are:
1)Haloxyl:Great treatment for dark circle.2)Aloe Vera:It is one of the best natural moisturizer for man.3)Resveratrol:It is used for anti-oxidant properties.
4)Sodium Hyaluronate:It keep the skin from losing vital hydration.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:44 PM

335 posts, read 817,193 times
My experience is that the more expensive eye creams are not that much better than department store or drugstore brands. The important thing is to stay out of the sun, wear sunglasses when you're in the sun, use eye cream (not lotion) at least twice daily, be gentle when touching your eye area, and begin all of these things when you're in your teens. You can't apply eye cream early or often enough.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:05 AM

368 posts, read 1,360,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
There are two I like a lot - Olay's Regenerist Eye Derma Pods and Estee Lauder's Resilience Lift.
I am now using Olay's Regenerist thanks to this post, and I can't believe the difference!!!! I can hardly recognize myself. I've been dealing with dark circles under my eyes all my life. Now, I put the cream on and they are GONE. I can't thank you enough!!!

AAVC

Old 01-10-2011, 08:21 AM

25,906 posts, read 35,157,521 times
I used Olay's Regenerist line throughout the summer and fall with good results, but the winters here are very dry and the cleanser was drying my face. Now I am using Origins' Starting Over and GinZing, which I got for Christmas. So far, I love them. I wash my face in the shower and moisturize right afterward, and my skin glows. I have definitely noticed the lines around my eyes diminishing.

I might switch back to Olay when it warms up and the humidity comes back, but in the winter, dehydration makes my skin look older.

http://www.origins.com/product/3874/...osa/index.tmpl

http://www.origins.com/product/3855/...uff/index.tmpl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty